Toast The Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Switkwoski in the middle for centre bounces. Actually feel like Banfield can go in there, tag someone, run with, and create a clearance. Feel this midfield is so predictable .

Really…the number one clearance team in the comp. Largely the reason we’ve been winning most of the year? That midfield?

Careful that's a negative comment about Banfield. Footskill will crack it
Good to see you are now watching and monitoring the Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread.. 🙄 if you mistook this for a BB vent thread, I'll forgive you and you are more than welcome to slip out the back door shhhh lol 🤣

Pretty sure there are other threads you can post your negativity on BB about, although you don't seem as bad as good ol Dockerpoo

Last edited:
Good to see you are now watching and monitoring the Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread.. 🙄 if you mistook this for a BB vent thread, I'll forgive you and you are more than welcome to slip out the back door shhhh lol 🤣

Pretty sure there are other threads you can post your negativity on BB about, although you don't seem as bad as good ol Dockerpoo

I'm not posting negativity

You are just over-sensitive

Wasn't his best game today, but wasn't alone. Last week was decent as he had time on wing. This week, playing deep fwd is not it. He should of been used on wing in last quarter and helping to link out from def

He was utter shit today yet he'll get a game next week

A net negative

Yeah, he started the season off well, looked like he was finally finding his feet, but the last month or two he’s been a complete non-factor.

What’s his role? Is he a high half-forward? Is he a wingman? I don’t even think JL knows anymore.

Seems like a great bloke and ambassador for the club (except for that elbow today, that was odd and completely out of character for him), but he is adding nothing to the team at the moment

Unfortunately he’s just one of many underperformers who will keep getting games just coz

Wasn't his best game today, but wasn't alone. Last week was decent as he had time on wing. This week, playing deep fwd is not it. He should of been used on wing in last quarter and helping to link out from def

Regardless of his position he keeps fumbling

Yeah, he started the season off well, looked like he was finally finding his feet, but the last month or two he’s been a complete non-factor.

What’s his role? Is he a high half-forward? Is he a wingman? I don’t even think JL knows anymore.

Seems like a great bloke and ambassador for the club (except for that elbow today, that was odd and completely out of character for him), but he is adding nothing to the team at the moment

Unfortunately he’s just one of many underperformers who will keep getting games just coz
Utility. Had decent game last week, playing bit of wing ,by helping out the def and running fwd. Being stuck in fwd like he was today is not ideal, but with the outs we had and tab subbed off, that's the role he was made to play

Regardless of his position he keeps fumbling
Nah. It was really the one fumble. That kick when he was open but think it was switta couldn't even hit. He still handballed to jom for the shot on goal

Had that clean gather in middle of the ground that should of set up a goal

Nah. It was really the one fumble. That kick when he was open but think it was switta couldn't even hit. He still handballed to jom for the shot on goal

Had that clean gather in middle of the ground that should of set up a goal

He was shocking today

His decision making was poor and he fumbled

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to say, I love Banfield, when he's on he's a very good player to have in the team, I haven't seen that level from him in a good while though, he looks incredibly lost out there sometimes, I think he's going to benefit from having some time in the WAFL.

Should be playing wing.
How does he go from 20 disposals, 3 goals in the Team of the week v Bulldogs to suddenly a half forward because what.. they want to JOM to feel special?
**** off.
I can appreciate what Banfield does when he's on. But it's about actions. His decision making overall has been crippling for weeks now. When you add that to poor execution...he's surely been on a slender thread to retain a place in the team, let alone given a vital transition role like the wing.

I can appreciate what Banfield does when he's on. But it's about actions. His decision making overall has been crippling for weeks now. When you add that to poor execution...he's surely been on a slender thread to retain a place in the team, let alone given a vital transition role like the wing.
His decision making on when playing further up the ground and when providing a link out of defence has actually very good. He has set up fwd scoring shots by hitting up Treacy on the lead and taking kicks inboard to change the angles leading to scoring shots

I feel like playing fwd he is now in two minds. Whether to take the shot or try find a player in better position. I know that previously he was criticised for being too selfish by taking shots even when he was kicking them..wtf.

Arguably his worst game this season but stuck in fwd line where they just bombing it in does him no favours. Added to frustration which led to uncharacteristic and unnecessary brain fade act

Last edited:
His decision making on when playing further up the ground and when providing a link out of defence has actually very good. He has set up fwd scoring shots by hitting up Treacy on the lead and taking kicks inboard to change the angles leading to scoring shots

I feel like playing fwd he is now in two minds. Whether to take the shot or try find a player in better position. I know that previously he was criticised for being too selfish wtf.

Arguably his worst game this season but stuck in fwd line where they just bombing it in does him no favours. Added to frustration which led to uncharacteristic and unnecessary brain fade act
I'll put myself through watching the replay and see what the cool light of day reveals. But I think "very good" has been a stretch for him of late. "Competent" has really been the ceiling for his decisions lately.

He has to play forward if that's where he's placed. He's hardly at a level where he's going to be accommodated to a position that suits him over what suits the team.

Nice excuse. Were the long bombs why he was jogging behind his direct opoonent all game and missed a F50 hit up?

Footskill feels the need to talk Banfield up no matter how shit he plays. Saying he made one mistake all game is truly clueless.

He was an absolute liability out there while players like Serong break their backs for the club week in week out.

Footskill feels the need to talk Banfield up no matter how shit he plays. Saying he made one mistake all game is truly clueless.

He was an absolute liability out there while players like Serong break their backs for the club week in week out.
And you need to at every opportunity you get to come post trash in a players appreciation thread. The game had barely finished til you came and posted in here. Even last week against bombers where he was playing decent you still had your negative posts.

There were 15 other players who had poor games yesterday. Seems only targets from that are tabs, banners the usual scapegoats

And you need to at every opportunity you get to come post trash in a players appreciation thread. The game had barely finished til you came and posted in here. Even last week against bombers where he was playing decent you still had your negative posts.

There were 15 other players who had poor games yesterday. Seems only targets from that are tabs, banners the usual scapegoats
Because he is consistently shit

Tabs was terrible too

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast The Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back