The official First Round Western Conference Playoffs Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kobe needs to not draw any extra attention or distraction onto the team whilst they are in the middle of a playoff series.

What he says is probably correct but the team needs to focus on the games without having to worry about what Kobe is thinking or answering questions about him tweeting.

Kobe needs to not draw any extra attention or distraction onto the team whilst they are in the middle of a playoff series.
Agree with this, but...
i love the mamba on all social media
This as well.

It may just be because i hate D'Antoni, but it adds something extra from a neutral fans prospective.

Agree with this, but...

This as well.

It may just be because i hate D'Antoni, but it adds something extra from a neutral fans prospective.
Needs to be more selective to what he posts as someone will always read between the lines and make it bigger then what it really is.

Have no problem with general comments on the game or players though, can leave out strategy or comments which are likely to offend team mates, coaches or management.

so its gotta be more like "WIRED"

"grab the rebounds"
"hussle back"

no thanks

if i was a laker fan i'd be agreeing with you, but as a neutral the last thing i want is him filtered

"grab the rebounds"
"hussle back"

no thanks

if i was a laker fan i'd be agreeing with you, but as a neutral the last thing i want is him filtered
Are coaches alerted as to when ESPN and TNT are recording them. Surely they must be.

I'd hate to think of what KG's language would be like in the huddle when the team is struggling..

yeah i remember one of the callers, think it was Breen explaining how it was edited for obvious reasons after they showed one where i think it was Pop going mental to the break and then when they came back the segment was all calm and nice and JVG was cracking up

"grab the rebounds"
"hussle back"

no thanks

For example, Instead of saying "Pau needs to get his ass to the low block and just stay there", it could be something like "we need to establish Pau more in the low block and get him some more touches" this type of language makes the same point without the risk of offending Pau or Dantoni whilst causing a media storm.

Things like "matador defense on Parker" also has the potential to be offensive or inflammatory to his team mates, something like "we need to double Parker or change our strategy to keep him out of the paint" would be less offensive to his team mates.

Kobe knows what he is saying is wrong which is why he said he wont tweet during games anymore, Kobe was tweeting his feelings in an expressive manner like he would be doing whilst playing or in the huddle when he is suited up.

This is fine whilst he is playing as he can challenge his team mates more privately in the inner sanctum of the team and not potentially humiliate them on social media.

My thoughts would be exactly the same if this were Lebron, Durant or any other player in the league, Kobe is my favourite player but in this case I dont think what he is doing is helpful to his team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good lead at the half but it's going to be tough to hold on. Expect it to go down to the wire. This mob can score in a bunch as good as anyone so we'll really need to keep tying up their ball movement.

Faried virtually statless, hasn't played many minutes but look at his sheet I'm guessing he's struggling a bit...

Been watching for 2 minutes and Curry/Thompson combine for three 3's... Not particularly open ones either. Irresistible stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back