Injury The OFFICIAL Injury Updates thread - 2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke McDonald is expected to miss several weeks of football after injuring his hamstring on Friday night.

The defender injured the tendon while chasing down Hawthorn's Cyril Rioli at Etihad Stadium and will require surgery.

"It was a tremendous effort for Luke to lay the tackle and save what would have been a goal," Director of Football Geoff Walsh told NMFC.com.au.

"Luke has had a great year and his loss will be felt, but it gives one of our other defenders a chance to come into the side and fulfil a role for us in the second half of the year."

The club will communicate a more specific length of rehabilitation for McDonald after the procedure is performed.

Lachlan Hansen could be named to take on the Crows on Thursday after being rested in the second half of Werribee's game against Essendon on Saturday.

Daniel Wells remains doubtful for the club's next clash in Adelaide while Taylor Garner suffered another hamstring setback at training and could miss 3-4 weeks.

True? Why's that? Surely he should get a gig in the VFL.
Excuse my ignorance, just curious as he's from my neck of the woods.

In the opening rounds of the season he was being played as a forward/ruck and couldn't get near it.

Some have said that he's been played down back recently, and if so hasn't set the world on fire.

Hence he was dropped. Werribee imploding hasn't helped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We just need to make it to the bye and come out the other side with a pretty strong side. It would be epic to win in Adelaide but i think the team are confident post bye we will come out swinging

Our premiership window for 2016:
11320883_BG3.jpg

9 of our best 22. Ouch.
Three of our best forwards plus the next best two in line.
Four of our best midfielders.
Two reliable best-22 defenders.

Some kind of season.

Still, games like last week prove decent depth is there. Let's see where the ride takes us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury The OFFICIAL Injury Updates thread - 2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back