List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Kind of sick of hearing about this long-term growth. And I'm starting to think that performing in the short term will be the best possible thing for our long-term growth.

13-92-1 since lockdown. Over that entire period we've gone on and on about long-term growth. Give me some goddamn short-term growth and I'll start believing that the club I love isn't in danger of dying in the arse
IMO our long term growth is 90% putting games into all the ripping youngsters we've recruited the last few years, then a handful (and i do mean just a handful) of the more senior lads who are either already at the level or still have some room for improvement. With that in mind we should be filling in gaps for the short and medium term around the kids we know are going to make it, with the idea being to get some bloody W's under their belts (I have a feeling that wins might be a wee bit more valuable to their futures than more losses...)

Unless theirs a 24 year old match winner on the market, then we should be drafting for the long term and trading for the short and medium. I've been all for the slowly slowly approach, but other than a ~2 month patch this year we were pretty ****ing woeful. There's reasons for that, but that doesn't mean our rebuild magically succeeds anyway.

Kind of sick of hearing about this long-term growth. And I'm starting to think that performing in the short term will be the best possible thing for our long-term growth.

13-92-1 since lockdown. Over that entire period we've gone on and on about long-term growth. Give me some goddamn short-term growth and I'll start believing that the club I love isn't in danger of dying in the arse

I’ll leave what’s to much to give up for Houston or anyone else to the “experts”, but there comes a time where you’ve got to start winning.

This year where adding another top 4 draft pick, unless we trade it, to the 4 we’ve got in the last 2 years. On top of LDU. Plus we’d have the most under 22 kids in the comp, or close to it.

You get one legit AA player, it could lead to LDU re-signing, then other good players might get interested. I dunno.

I think that it could be a bit all or nothing.

We might have to get a Balta type and Owies, Parker, Darling to be able to convince Houston, and vice versa.

It's fantasy world but we would be building a pretty nice team with those moves.

FB: Corr - Logue - Archer
HB: Goater - Balta - Houston
C: Scott - Parker - McKercher
HF: Zurhaar - Comben - Sheezel
FF: Curtis - Larkey - Owies
Foll: Xerri - LDU - Wardlaw

Int: Powell, Duursma, Simpkin, Darling, Lmac, Fisher, Phillips etc.
Yeah. I think an argument can also be made that 4-5 good, experienced, proven senior players in one hit into the 23 can act as a reset of the culture of shitting the bed and expecting to lose in a way that 1-2 can't.

Taylor adams would be my back up if we miss on parker

Reckon he’s hoping Parker goes to take his spot

Future first for Houston is WAY too much. Need to keep our first round picks… Unless we know someone is leaving next year that will net us such a pick?

Stay the course Nth - keep getting the best young talent.

Don’t blink and settle for less because of pressure to perform in the short term that sacrifices long term growth.
Great post

I’ll leave what’s to much to give up for Houston or anyone else to the “experts”, but there comes a time where you’ve got to start winning.

This year where adding another top 4 draft pick, unless we trade it, to the 4 we’ve got in the last 2 years. On top of LDU. Plus we’d have the most under 22 kids in the comp, or close to it.

You get one legit AA player, it could lead to LDU re-signing, then other good players might get interested. I dunno.
Agree. Sign him up. If we have to pay overs, so be it. We’ve got to learn to start winning, simple as that …

It would be funny if the Swans made the GF and Horse left him out of the side.

Taylor Adams? To add to our midfield which is already choc-full of shithouse kicks? No thanks, would prefer someone who can occasionally hit the side of a barn ….
He’ll come cheap play the role Parker would of mid and half forward and adds mongrel

I think we get Parker so it’s moot but that would be my backup

Adams is over rated. Injury prone and a questionable kick.

Should say something if the Giants AND Pies AND now potentially Swans didn't want to do enough to retain him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adams is over rated. Injury prone and a questionable kick.

Should say something if the Giants AND Pies AND now potentially Swans didn't want to do enough to retain him.
I personally know a pies player that didn’t go too much on him and others at Collingwood didn’t either. Apparently one time during those lockdowns in some sort of “bubble” they had at a resort in WA, he had a few to many drinks and really got stuck into Sleevo physically and verbally one night to the displeasure of many teammates.

I personally know a pies player that didn’t go too much on him and others at Collingwood didn’t either. Apparently one time during those lockdowns in some sort of “bubble” they had at a resort in WA, he had a few to many drinks and really got stuck into Sleevo physically and verbally one night to the displeasure of many teammates.
So your telling us if we get Adams sleevo might leave?
Hook me up

So your telling us if we get Adams sleevo might leave?
Hook me up
Return Of The Jedi Episode 6 GIF by Star Wars

Get players in. Just not with future firsts when we’re going to finish down the bottom of the ladder.

Sorry Taylor, all is forgiven. You know your shit, when you see it. 2 years if we don't get Parker.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back