The Official John Meesen Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: What Will we Get For Meesen?

If Meesen does go home, then as crows98 getting a pick good enough to get Sellar is the best case scenario. Having said that, I think that highly unlikely. If he goes then we won't get fair value in return. Thats just a simple fact of life unfortunately and will be for as long as there is a PSD :(

Stiffy_18 said:
If Meesen does go home, then as crows98 getting a pick good enough to get Sellar is the best case scenario. Having said that, I think that highly unlikely. If he goes then we won't get fair value in return. Thats just a simple fact of life unfortunately and will be for as long as there is a PSD :(

Yep, your car halves its value the second you drive it out of the lot.

jo172 said:
Just found this beauty of a thread, damn self fufilling prophecies :thumbsdown:
Yes but this is why jack has to be allowed back :D

outback jack said:
well not entirely, you dont even need bait on the port board. You just hang it out there and see which will snag itself first. Its a bit like catching carp in the murray really.

mcphee_is_a_gun said:
Just becuase he was a first rd pick doesnt mean he's worth that in return. He's been in the system 2 years and hasnt played a game.
Seriously, you haven't seen him play for 2 years, if ever.

I don't think you're in a good position to make an accurate judgment about his talent and future.

Drummond said:
Seriously, you haven't seen him play for 2 years, if ever.

I don't think you're in a good position to make an accurate judgment about his talent and future.
Your right im not, but i was just making my point. Bradley is 20 and is seen to have less value and yet he has done more in his short time in the AFL i just find it interesting...

mcphee_is_a_gun said:
Just becuase he was a first rd pick doesnt mean he's worth that in return. He's been in the system 2 years and hasnt played a game.

Sheedy's got a name for supporters like you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is everyone so convinced Meesen is gone.....too much local radio/gossip.

It doesn't make any sense and as I have always said he will stay.

Wasn't it just negotiation over the timeframe of the new contract???

mcphee_is_a_gun said:
care to elaborate...

The implication that because a ruckman hasn't debuted in his first two seasons in the AFL, so he can't be any good, is the sort of thing you expect from a nuff nuff.

Truck Rutten said:
The implication that because a ruckman hasn't debuted in his first two seasons in the AFL, so he can't be any good, is the sort of thing you expect from a nuff nuff.
never said he wasn't any good just doubted his worth in a bumper draft. Anyways sorry if i offended any of you guys :thumbsu:

mcphee_is_a_gun said:

what should he be doing at age 19?
please support your answer with examples?

Postman Pat said:
crows98, with all due respect, that post smells like blue-red-gold sunnies.

he is gonnneeee.

lets not worry about who were gonna pick if we get a pick from the trade at this stage, as we dont know what sort of trade meesen will be involved in, but yes, i would like to see us package something togethor to get a top 5 pick.

its about time we had one!!!

My sunnies dont smell!! :mad:

Crow-mo said:
what should he be doing at age 19?
please support your answer with examples?
i was just interested why he was so valuable in comparrison to other early draft selections Polak, Bradley, Russell, Rischitelli? ( just using examples of rumoured players that may be on the move).

Id say youll get between 10-15 for a straight swap for a draft pick.

I think you could get something like 3-6 if you packaged him with Knights or Reilly.

I think he'll stay though

Depends who wants him and how badly. If either Essendon or Carlton want him then I can seriously see him going in the PS draft. Thes best scenario for us would be if Geelong want him. Considering they will already get a potential top 3 pick ( Hawkings or whatever his name is ), they just might be willing to hand over pick 7 or 8 for a promising young ruckman who will be/should AFL ready to go in 2007. They could then play Ottens as a permanent forward, the position where he would be of most vaule IMO.

How about our priority pick 17 and 2nd rounder 19 for Meeson and your 2nd rounder which will be something like 30-33?

So Meeson and pick 30-33 us

You get pick 17 and 19.

We probably wont do this anyway but just asking?

Stanton said:
How about our priority pick 17 and 2nd rounder 19 for Meeson and your 2nd rounder which will be something like 30-33?

So Meeson and pick 30-33 us

You get pick 17 and 19.

We probably wont do this anyway but just asking?
I think that is a pretty fair trade.

SpringChoke said:
Depends who wants him and how badly. If either Essendon or Carlton want him then I can seriously see him going in the PS draft. Thes best scenario for us would be if Geelong want him. Considering they will already get a potential top 3 pick ( Hawkings or whatever his name is ), they just might be willing to hand over pick 7 or 8 for a promising young ruckman who will be/should AFL ready to go in 2007. They could then play Ottens as a permanent forward, the position where he would be of most vaule IMO.
well i think your safe on with Essendon, we have a plethora of developiong ruckmen.

The Official John Meesen Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back