2nds The Official Northern Blues Thread #4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is going on at Visy? :eek:

Is Ellard ever not BOG at VFL level?

There's been a straight swap, McLean - Ellard. Both much too good for VFL, will be interesting to see where Ellard's future lies. Is contracted, so will probably remain as quality depth but with McLean and Bell's form, it may prove difficult to get many games next year.

There's been a straight swap, McLean - Ellard. Both much too good for VFL, will be interesting to see where Ellard's future lies. Is contracted, so will probably remain as quality depth but with McLean and Bell's form, it may prove difficult to get many games next year.
It seems to be that we will have (thought this earlier in the year and it has magnified as the season wore on) that we are going to have genuine seniors quality in many areas of our game fighting it out in the seconds maybe all year. Its what all good sides have.

So if Ellard and Joseph are held out by Curnow, Bell and McLean
And Warnock and Hammer are held out by Caz
And Rowe and Mitchell cant find a spot yet,
And Collins cant disloge a player (White?) for his spot
And Watson and McInnes are in and out because of Hendo, Laids and Jamo,
And Lucas has to step up another notch to take a spot (stuggling to see who's right now)
And Boots and Buckles cant break in yet,
And Thornton, Bower and Rusty decide they would rather play Northern Blues with a sniff of Blues than leave.....

(No wonder blokes like ROk and Kerr will struggle to stay on the list)

WOW. Just WOW.

Think you'll find that Walker and to a lesser extent McInnis are likely the ones keeping Collins out. .. Possibly Scotto too. .. McInnis has shown himself to be in the White, Thornton mode of swingman that can play taller than they are. ..

Think you'll find that Walker and to a lesser extent McInnis are likely the ones keeping Collins out. .. Possibly Scotto too. .. McInnis has shown himself to be in the White, Thornton mode of swingman that can play taller than they are. ..

??? huh???
Walker- med forward
McKinnes- med back
Collins- Flanker on-baller

3 differant players.

??? huh???
Walker- med forward
McKinnes- med back
Collins- Flanker on-baller

3 differant players.
Nah he's sort of right, Collins was playing Walker's role when Walker was injured and went out of the team as soon as Walker came back. McInnes wasn't a very good comparison though.

Nah he's sort of right, Collins was playing Walker's role when Walker was injured and went out of the team as soon as Walker came back. McInnes wasn't a very good comparison though.

McInnis was playing the defensive forward/flanker role on occasion leading up to Walkers return. .. I did say to a lesser extent. .. Think he could make a decent High HF/Wing once Laidler and Hendo return. ..

The way the team is coached for versatility, there are not too many players that could not fulfil another role if called upon, Collins is 187cm medium forward that I thought we hoped could run through the middle, Walker is a 190cm medium forward that runs through the middle. McInnes is a medium back 191cm that if called upon could probably play medium forward. Laids is a medium defender 189cm that may also be able to run forward, who knows, White is a medium back 190cm that plays tall and has been tried forward at times.

Same same same same same.

Point is, Collins may not get a run if the present 22 performing, Hendo, Jamo and Laids, McInnes, White keep presenting. And when added to the rest of the list I compiled, it is almost an entire seconds team (I think 15 players) comprised of first grade players being kept out, that could step up if injury or form strikes again If our luck finally turns and we keep a close to best 22 on the park for most of the year, some of these guys wont get a run.

Nice position to be in. And people whined about our recruiting mid year.......pahlease.

It seems to be that we will have (thought this earlier in the year and it has magnified as the season wore on) that we are going to have genuine seniors quality in many areas of our game fighting it out in the seconds maybe all year. Its what all good sides have.

So if Ellard and Joseph are held out by Curnow, Bell and McLean
And Warnock and Hammer are held out by Caz
And Rowe and Mitchell cant find a spot yet,
And Lucas has to step up another notch to take a spot (stuggling to see who's right now)
And Boots and Buckles cant break in yet,
And Thornton, Bower and Rusty decide they would rather play Northern Blues with a sniff of Blues than leave.....

(No wonder blokes like ROk and Kerr will struggle to stay on the list)

WOW. Just WOW.

But I thought Carlton had no depth and we had to sack the recruiting staff?

McInnis was playing the defensive forward/flanker role on occasion leading up to Walkers return. .. I did say to a lesser extent. .. Think he could make a decent High HF/Wing once Laidler and Hendo return. ..
He's had a few brief stints as a lead up forward but has been predominately a defender, never been in Walker's role and never kept Collins out of the team. As I said, it was a poor comparison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Northern Blues vs. Frankston at Visy 25th August

B: Joseph Bootsma Carter
HB: Russell Bower Davies
C: Gianfagna O'Keeffe Lucas
HF: Bransgrove Peterson Buckley
F: Thomas Mitchell Collins
R: Meese Lambert Marcon

INT: Bolger* Bray Totevski Toman T. Wilson Lincoln Dirago McCann Heyne

No Thornton. Ratten T Bird because he hates him.

Carlton Emergencies: Jordan Russell, Rhys O’Keeffe, Pat McCarthy

Suspect Bray will play with one or two of the emergencies to head to the Gold Coast with Carlton.

Northern Blues vs. Frankston
Saturday 25th August
Visy Park at 2:00 PM

Northern Blues

B: Joseph Bootsma Carter
HB: Russell Bower Davies
C: Gianfagna O'Keeffe Lucas
HF: Bransgrove Peterson Buckley
F: Thomas Mitchell Collins
R: Meese Lambert Marcon
Int: Bolger* Bray Totevski Toman T. Wilson Lincoln Dirago McCann Heyne

Frankston

B: Heddles Irving Sketcher
HB: Van Unen Boland Osborne
C: Delahunty Martin Buchan
HF: Kitchin S. Marusic Potts
F: L. Clark Haretuku Matheson
R: Thoolen Hockey Bosward
Int: Greeley W. Miller Ongarello Fox Sutton* Jennings Sykes Gardiner Simpson

Northern Blues vs. Frankston
Saturday 25th August
Visy Park at 11:00 AM

Northern Blues

B: McEwan Dirago Yelland
HB: T. Wilson Valladares Atta
C: Lincoln Benbow Petroro
HF: Heyne Bray Totevski
F: Dorman Jenkins Clark
R: Marchbank McCann Toman
Int: McBean Soncin House Kerton Dowse Gleeson Biffin Parkes O'Connor

Frankston

B: Jaroszczuk Fairbairn Johnston
HB: Beech Ongarello Jennings
C: Wells Kennedy Sykes
HF: Bateman Appleford J. Miller
F: Fox Ndongo Simpson
R: Forato Greeley Gardiner
Int: Capiron Clements J. Viney Bywater Sienkiewicz Banfield Pearce Lombardozzi Rogers

Disposals - Buckley 9, Joseph 9, Lucas 9, O'Keeffe 7 and Russell 7.

Hope the five of them are depth next year. :thumbsu:
It will be interesting to see if that is the case. Lucas apparently wants to go back home and Russell could be trade bait. I don't think O'Keefe or Joseph is going anywhere, that I've heard anyway. Buckley may get a senior game or 2 next year as he develops.

It will be interesting to see if that is the case. Lucas apparently wants to go back home and Russell could be trade bait. I don't think O'Keefe or Joseph is going anywhere, that I've heard anyway. Buckley may get a senior game or 2 next year as he develops.
Bray just slotted his first to take the lead to 33 points.
Well, done!
It will be very interesting to see how he goes at the next level, as he hasn't had much impact in the VFL 2nds.

I rate Lucas, so I wouldn't trade him unless we get a fair return for a contracted and required player. Similar situation to Walker two years ago. Lucas is still a kid with his best footy ahead of him. Shane Rogers' comments suggest that we will play hardball if they ask for Lucas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back