Official Team Thread The Official Team Thread Of The Reigning Premiers Gold City Royals Season 31 Great Job!

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 14
vs The Roys

GCR SENIORS Vs ROY SENIORS
GCR 6 2 8 4 10 5 12 6 78
ROY 2 1 4 5 6 6 10 10 70

I have nothing but nice things to say about the Roys and in particular, some of their hard working posters such as Wosh that spent so much of her own time posting games for our enjoyment.

Also sucked in Roys, you did give us a shake though. In what we know on a seasonal basis as 'the NTRabbit game" our resident leporidae popped up for his bag of six and in kicking half of our score will no doubt get perfect votes.

Round 14

NTRabbit 10
GreyCrow 8
nahnah 6
Blacky 3
Marlowe 2
Paddles_ 1​

Round 15
vs the Bombers

BOM SENIORS Vs GCR SENIORS
BOM 2 1 5 5 8 5 9 8 62
GCR 9 4 11 4 15 9 19 10 124

The match needed to solidify a top four spot, we jumped the Bombers and they were never able to get into the game. Famed for being the game that RobR thought he was playing the Wonders in, it was the captain (6) and Ulahoopski with 5 goals and Marlowe, grumbleguts and CakeEater working hard for the win.

Round 15

Ulahoopski 10
Marlowe 8
The Filth Wizard 6
GreyCrow 2
CakeEater 2
Blacky 1
grumbleguts 1​

Round 16
vs The Hawks

GCR SENIORS Vs ESH SENIORS
GCR 5 6 8 8 10 9 17 12 114
ESH 2 2 4 7 8 11 11 11 77​

A surprising loss for the Hawks as they were playing us at away and hoped they'd win. Unfortunately for them they had no defensive answer for the captain's 9 goals, spookism and GreyCrow huge and another top shelf game from Ulahoopski who like spooks had very big finishes to the season.

Round 16

The Filth Wizard 10
spookism 8
GreyCrow 5
Ulahoopski 4
Marlowe 2
Easty 1

Rd 17
vs The Rats

GCR SENIORS Vs SCS SENIORS
GCR 5 2 7 5 12 7 17 10 112
SCS 5 2 8 5 12 10 17 12 114

An epic to close the season proper for us, it was a see-sawing game that the Rats snatched with just minutes to go. There were some huge performances, from the captains six, to strong games from Marlowe and Danger in Texas in the middle... even the defenders stood firm.

Thanks for joining us, I'll be back later.

hqdefault.jpg

Round 17

Marlowe 10
The Filth Wizard 7
MrPremiership 4
brahj 3
Ulahoopski 4
spookism 2

As captain of the Gold City Royals I'd like to formally congratulate Marlowe and GreyCrow for sharing the Season 31 Royals Best & Fairest. Both had incredible seasons and are well deserving of this award. I couldn't be happier getting the chance to play with these guys, as well as every player on our list, every week.

salute.gif​

With that, we draw to a close Season 31 with a view to Season 32 in the next week. On behalf of the LG I thank all of you for your efforts and especially those that we will be parting with as the squad makes some changes. Keep an eye out over the next day or so as we start a new thread for what will be a rejuvenated and revised Royals list.

Thanks again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Final Leaderboard
PlayerVotesRank
Marlowe
92​
1​
GreyCrow
92​
1​
The Filth Wizard
55​
3​
nahnah
45​
4​
Ulahoopski
44​
5​
spookism
43​
6​
Danger in Texas
24​
7​
grumbleguts
17​
8​
Blacky
14​
9​
brahj
13​
10​
Noobz0r
12​
11​
MrPremiership
11​
12​
ShaunDuggan
11​
12​
NTRabbit
11​
12​
CakeEater
8​
15​
Smartys Power
6​
16​
Gadzorks
5​
17​
Paddles_
4​
18​
Easty
3​
19​

s31.png

I'd like to congratulate GreyCrow on a magnificent season. Not only with the Best & Fairest but all those Mobbs Medal votes he stole from me that I totally haven't forgotten about but that he totally deserved. He had a great season and it's a shame it wasn't recognised more broadly. Best ruck in the league, Muddiewhoo?

Also like to add, while Season 31 didn't live up to the hype of Season 30, and that we went out in straight sets, and that I won no major league awards, and we didn't get that many brahj posts, it's still basically a top 5 Royal season of all-time and I don't think the present status of the club ever felt more royal or elite in every sense of the word.

Never let the party die!

You know when I got this mention I would've thought you'd be inducting me into the Royals hall of fame so you can imagine my disappointment at reading this post.

I've demanded we go in together.

Final Leaderboard
PlayerVotesRank
Marlowe
92​
1​
GreyCrow
92​
1​
The Filth Wizard
55​
3​
nahnah
45​
4​
Ulahoopski
44​
5​
spookism
43​
6​
Danger in Texas
24​
7​
grumbleguts
17​
8​
Blacky
14​
9​
brahj
13​
10​
Noobz0r
12​
11​
MrPremiership
11​
12​
ShaunDuggan
11​
12​
NTRabbit
11​
12​
CakeEater
8​
15​
Smartys Power
6​
16​
Gadzorks
5​
17​
Paddles_
4​
18​
Easty
3​
19​
Ahem as I was leading into the last round it is my intention to sue if my rightful top of the leaderboard ranking isn't reinstated

Thank you

Lionel Hutz will be getting a call

Ahem as I was leading into the last round it is my intention to sue if my rightful top of the leaderboard ranking isn't reinstated

Thank you

Lionel Hutz will be getting a call

I hate when you call me Lionel Hutz.

You know when I got this mention I would've thought you'd be inducting me into the Royals hall of fame so you can imagine my disappointment at reading this post.
Did you at least appreciate my auditing joke?

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread The Official Team Thread Of The Reigning Premiers Gold City Royals Season 31 Great Job!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back