The Official Week 6 'Kevin Martin Retirement Appreciation' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

LAKERS WIN!!

Bench mob performing a mighty job today considering the injuries to the starters russell, randle.
Bench +/1 off the charts!

Our last 6 is now 1-5. Back to back tomorrow against the fricken Warriors. Substantial chance of not getting the W.

From what I saw most of the Lakers guards/wings just made all the shots at the right times. I don't know what is wrong with our offense but well, not my job to fix it.

From what I saw most of the Lakers guards/wings just made all the shots at the right times. I don't know what is wrong with our offense but well, not my job to fix it.

Having a few blokes like Schroder and Bazemore shoot at like .300 over the last 2 weeks probably has something to do with it.

He's flat out taking points from layups.

I do the funny stuff.

50% from downtown. Let the haters hate.

So one minute you can't compare them because they play different spots and now you're comparing them on assists. No wonder you Crow fans turn on each other so quick. No consistency.

Exactly right. So it should be no surprise that it will take time. He's got the things in his game already that are hard to teach, shooting mechanics, feel for the game and willingness to compete. Has played in games where others would miss with niggles. He's the best player on a team with no identity and a coach who would rather they all hug than execute a play.

Just like Amare was better than Dirk, you can be sure Booker will be superior to Mudiay

Im only looking at assists in relation to turnovers.
Assist for turnover ratio works the same for everyone. If you're only catch and shoot then you shouldnt have many turnovers.

All I was doing is dispelling the myth that Booker doesnt turn the ball over.

I love it how he takes as many shots as points but you point to his 3s. What about all the twos he missed? the layups and open mid range jump shots?

Im only looking at assists in relation to turnovers.
Assist for turnover ratio works the same for everyone. If you're only catch and shoot then you shouldnt have many turnovers.

All I was doing is dispelling the myth that Booker doesnt turn the ball over.

I love it how he takes as many shots as points but you point to his 3s. What about all the twos he missed? the layups and open mid range jump shots?
I'd argue that Booker is more of a ball handler than a catch and shoot guy so assist to turnover might be misleading I this case

Our last 6 is now 1-5. Back to back tomorrow against the fricken Warriors. Substantial chance of not getting the W.

Laker O is predicated on perimeter shooting and quick cuts. I shudder at what might be when the shooting streak ends.

More articles about Ainge looking for a major trade.

Ainge must be leaking this shit himself so it actually looks like he's doing something.

All we ever hear is about how the Celtics are trading for this guy or that guy only for nothing to happen.

Seems Boogie is the latest

Or this doozy lol

The latest NBA trade rumors are buzzing about a potential three-team deal between the Golden State Warriors, Boston Celtics, and Chicago Bulls. In this rumored scenario, the Warriors would receive Jimmy Butler and the Celtics’ first-round draft choice in 2018. Klay Thompson would be sent to Boston, while the Bulls would acquire small forward Jae Crowder, point guard Marcus Smart, and the Brooklyn Nets’ first-round pick in 2018, which is currently owned by the Celtics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd argue that Booker is more of a ball handler than a catch and shoot guy so assist to turnover might be misleading I this case

Well then shouldnt he have more assists?

What I'm saying is you cant have it both ways. If he's not a ball handler/passer then he shouldnt have many turnovers.
If he is then he should have more assists.

Or this doozy lol

The latest NBA trade rumors are buzzing about a potential three-team deal between the Golden State Warriors, Boston Celtics, and Chicago Bulls. In this rumored scenario, the Warriors would receive Jimmy Butler and the Celtics’ first-round draft choice in 2018. Klay Thompson would be sent to Boston, while the Bulls would acquire small forward Jae Crowder, point guard Marcus Smart, and the Brooklyn Nets’ first-round pick in 2018, which is currently owned by the Celtics.

please make it happen!

What does that mean exactly?
Defensive Rating per minute?
giphy.gif

Or this doozy lol

As a Warriors fan - do not want.

Well then shouldnt he have more assists?

What I'm saying is you cant have it both ways. If he's not a ball handler/passer then he shouldnt have many turnovers.
If he is then he should have more assists.

I already said he should be aiming to double his assist rates.

56% of his makes are unassisted, and 33% of his attempts are of 0 dribbles

His field goal dribble %'s are interesting. 38 (0), 53 (1), 35 (2), 43 (3-6) and 53 (7+). I guess you expect that after 3-7 dribbles you are getting to the rim more often than not.

If he's wide open, he knocks in 3's at 47%, but he also makes 67% of 3's with a defender at 0-2 feet.

He spend 41% with the ball less than 2 seconds, and 41% between 2-6 seconds

Booker takes 12 2PA and 5 3PA a game.

Meanwhile Moods also has a high % of unassisted makes at 53%, but averages 6.5 2PA from less than 10 feet, slightly higher than Bookers 5.32PA, altho he connects on only 27% of pull ups vs Bookers 48% from 2 point land. From 3 its a measly 12%.....

Interestingly, Mudiay takes 20% of his field goal attempts with the shot clock at 0-4 seconds or with the shot clock off, thats only 13% for Booker.

Mudiays highest percentage shot is off 0 or 2 dribbles, both around 40%, altho he is a poor shooter he's actually an ok catch and shoot guy by the percentages, its just a small number of attempts so can be noisy. Meanwhile 32% of his shots are in 4-6 feet of open space, where he is shooting 28%... Thats not so good.

If Moods has the ball less than 2 seconds he makes 43%, the 2 point component of which is 56%. The longer he touchs the ball tho, the worse it gets. 2-6 seconds is 35% and more than 6 is 30%

Now for passing, its a touch weirder. 33% of Bookers assists are to Bled, then we have TJ Warren at 12%, Dudley and Knight at 11% - these are all jump shooters, who are shooting at reasonable percentages ie 40-50% bar Knight on his passes. Meanwhile Moods is assisting Nurk (20%), Jokic (15%), Gallo (16%), Chandler (13%) and Faried (10%). 2 of these guys play at the rim and make high percentages (Faried and Nurk) yet Gallo and Jokic are both at 40%, whilst Chandler is lights out at 56%.

40% of Bookers passes are from Bledsoe btw, which is also an interesting aside.

Moods turonvers have gone up slightly, to 3.4 this season, whilst his rebounding has gone up. His assisy rate has actually come down to 4.1 a game and hos TO ratio has risen to 14.5, whilst his assist ratio has also gone down from 24 to 17. The A/TO is 1.23, down from 1.71 last year

Booker meanwhile, has also seen a drop in assist ratio (16 to 12) and A/TO (1.25 to 1.0), a slight dip in rebounding % yet while his overall turnover avg has risen his turnover ratio has actually gone down

Shelvin friggin Mack getting Exum's minutes yet agin and stinking it up already. Not sure what Snyder's issue is, I though Dante was showing some really good signs.

Edit: And Mack scores, right on cue...

Remove this Banner Ad

The Official Week 6 'Kevin Martin Retirement Appreciation' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back