The ONE Player....

Remove this Banner Ad

at your club who you would like to burst from nowhere and make a huge impact on the competition this year.

It can be ANYONE and you/supporters may not even rate them right now - your player is based on a needs basis and not necessarily what talent you may see being realised with maturity and development.

So it should be a player that represents filling the biggest hole in your starting 18.

Mine would be Gus Graham to do a "Dean Cox" and just burst onto the scene and take pressure off Simmo and our ruck stocks. If he had a top 5 B&F year, it would almost guarantee Top 6 for the club this year.

Who do you wish could come seemingly from nowhere and why that player?

Under those conditions without a doubt it would have to be Adam Hartlett either as a forward or a key defender. His has the height, the size and the physical strength to potentially be an important key forward or an CHB playing on the tall ruckman who seem to float forward and kill us every week.

However I have strong doubts he'll make it at this point.

There is so much wrong with this its not funny.

a) Carlton's talls are far and away the worst in the league, Laycock would be the best ruckman at your club. That is fact.

No. Jason Laycock wouldn't be the best anything anywhere. Even at Carlton.

There is so much wrong with this its not funny.

a) Carlton's talls are far and away the worst in the league, Laycock would be the best ruckman at your club. That is fact. .

Wrong. Alot of teams have bad talls, I'm not saying Essendon are the worst and I don't believe Carlton are either, but Laycock clearly is the biggest hack in the history of the AFL. If nothing else, Carlton at least have Fev, though the rest of their talls are hardly braggable. Considering you are talking up Laycock though, well yeah need I say more?

b) Gumbleton is a forward. Laycock is a ruckman. The only person who can potentially take Laycocks spot is Bellchambers, and if Laycock wasnt injured he would probably play every game in 09 as our second ruckman.

That basically sums up the state of your depth. If Hille goes down you guys are screwed.

Jay Nash. has all the tools to step it up and make a name for himself this year, and will need to do so early, as there are kids like Myers that will push for his spot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gary Ablett Jnr 'to do an Ablett Snr & kick 100...Probably not this year though...Recon he could though if he was a permanent forward...

Travis Tuck, although he's not all that new, will be the best of the siblings.

Would it be going too far to suggest he might be the best in his family?

:D

On a needs basis, Thorp to accept he won't displace Franklin from CHF, and make CHB his own. Ideally suited to the role Hodge played in the GF for mine, as he reads the play so well, and is a good kick off both feet.

Colin Sylvia, top 5 draft pick, yet to live up to it. Shows signs at times but a full ripping season from him could get us off the bottom of the ladder.

Wrong. Alot of teams have bad talls, I'm not saying Essendon are the worst and I don't believe Carlton are either, but Laycock clearly is the biggest hack in the history of the AFL. If nothing else, Carlton at least have Fev, though the rest of their talls are hardly braggable. Considering you are talking up Laycock though, well yeah need I say more?

That basically sums up the state of your depth. If Hille goes down you guys are screwed.

Sam Jacobs in his first game on Friday played a better game than Jason Laycock has ever managed over his entire career.

Laycock averaged 9.6 hitouts last season, only 1.2 less than Cloke (who is carlton's highest) despite only actually rucking about half as much as him.

Thats good enough for me.

And as for depth, if Fevola goes down then you are considerably more screwed than us if Hille goes down.

Laycock averaged 9.6 hitouts last season, only 1.2 less than Cloke (who is carlton's highest) despite only actually rucking about half as much as him.

And as for depth, if Fevola goes down then you are considerably more screwed than us if Hille goes down.

I wasn't aware that anyone accused Cloke of having an ounce of talent?

If Fev goes down Carlton are done, I don't disagree. My point is about Essendon though. If you're happy to accept mediocrity then by all means enjoy Laycock.

The blues aren't even established enough to say they won't go down even if Fev fires.
All I am saying is that Essendon will go nowhere if Laycock gets a game. Hille is a great ruckman who has established himself. Laycock wouldn't put his head over the ball if it disguised itself as a pillow.
FYI I hope Laycock plays 300 games for the Bombers, a guy that big averaging less than 10 hitouts a game and with terrible efficiency, all that means is more campsites will be taken up at Bonnie Doon in early September.

Remove this Banner Ad

The ONE Player....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back