The ONE Player....

Remove this Banner Ad

Ed Barlow. Tonnes of talent, incredibly athletic, but soft. Needs to really HTFU. If he does, could turn into an incredibly dangerous target up forward. Or winger. Or defender. Hell, he could probably ruck in a pinch. Just needs to toughen up and attack the ball with more vigour, and get himself more involved in the game.

I would have to go with Danny Stanley or Cameron Wood as they both address our immediate needs.

If Stanley is given the opportunity and can step up to the task, then we'll have found our replacement for Scott Burns sooner than expected. We currently lack some potency around the stoppages and need a bustling extractor. He has a few more years of development to his name than the likes of McCarthy, Beams and Sidebottom -- so by rights he should be the most likely of the lot this season.

Cameron Wood is obvious, we've been crying out for a decent tap ruckman who can confidently take the pressure from Fraser for far too long.

Here's hoping...

I'd love for Tambling to show us all why he was picked ahead of Buddy....and play better than Buddy. Jeez, imagine that:)

Strongly agree with the OP. Another quality ruckman would go nicely with our developing midfield.

at your club who you would like to burst from nowhere and make a huge impact on the competition this year.

It can be ANYONE and you/supporters may not even rate them right now - your player is based on a needs basis and not necessarily what talent you may see being realised with maturity and development.

So it should be a player that represents filling the biggest hole in your starting 18.

Mine would be Gus Graham to do a "Dean Cox" and just burst onto the scene and take pressure off Simmo and our ruck stocks. If he had a top 5 B&F year, it would almost guarantee Top 6 for the club this year.

Who do you wish could come seemingly from nowhere and why that player?

Graham....and you call yourself a Tigers supporter....:p

The correct answer from a RFC point of view, for all of you playing along at home, is Daniel Connors.

Edit: I change to Tony Notte, now at a massive 78kgs he could potentially play AFL this season. Would love for him to hold down FF and do well in 2009.

Player i would love to burst onto the stage in 2009 is without a doubt Tom Swift (his burst has the potential to be a wall), but his rated highly and is competing with numerous mids/wingman/flankers.

at your club who you would like to burst from nowhere and make a huge impact on the competition this year.

rszpalismicrofacehugger.jpg

We picked up this guy in the rookie draft. I'm really expecting him to burst out this year.

Graham....and you call yourself a Tigers supporter....:p

The correct answer from a RFC point of view, for all of you playing along at home, is Daniel Connors.

Now now Tucker, I expect better than that from you.
The thread is not about what we THINK they might be capable of, it is what we HOPE they can find in themselves none of us can currently see.

We need Gus Graham to step up FAR MORE than Dan Connors - despite the fact Dan might be the one with the talent and capability.

We gots to get a ruckman Putt, Patto, Gus or Vickers - someone needs to stand up and help out Simmo.

Nice choices to you other clubs!
Houli is a gem i reckon. Just needs to find the ball more, instead of waiting for it to happen.
Swift is also a future AA IMO. Pick of the draft!

For Hawks, id say Cameron Stokes. Really want to see this kid step up and grab everyones attention. Has the pace and skill, just needs to apply himself more i think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Double yes please (with honey on top)
It would be perfect if Austin stepped up and took the place of Cloke to allow Waite to play forward.

Waite's agility, mobility and athleticism on a flank besides Kreuzer and Fevola might stretch most backlines as the third tall. I love the way Waite pounces on a loose ball like a flanker and sprints away from them to goal on the run.

There might be a contest between Walker and Waite to see who can nearly grab the mark of the year with a gravity defying leap. ;)

I assumed Waite had tried to jump over McGlynn on Sunday, but it was Mitch Thorp.

Massive leap from a standing start

It would be perfect if Austin stepped up and took the place of Cloke to allow Waite to play forward.

Waite's agility, mobility and athleticism on a flank besides Kreuzer and Fevola might stretch most backlines as the third tall. I love the way Waite pounces on a loose ball like a flanker and sprints away from them to goal on the run.

There might be a contest between Walker and Waite to see who can nearly grab the mark of the year with a gravity defying leap. ;)

I assumed Waite had tried to jump over McGlynn on Sunday, but it was Mitch Thorp.

91105888.jpg

The talk on our forum has been Waite as CHF for which I don't like.
Others have mentioned the wing, but HFF just fits our needs.
(read ticks all the boxes)
Kreuzer will be our CHF and the others sit just fine.:thumbsu:

Another Alternative for Westcoast would be Sam Butler. Very Servicable in his first and second seasons, was good in 2006. Played as many games as Tom Swift in a similar time frame, a make or break season.

Essentially missed his 4 and 5th seasons with injury. Perhaps the most essentail seasons where players mature and come to there prime as he started to do late in 2006.

Remove this Banner Ad

The ONE Player....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back