Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

Scarborough sunset markets! Just like a big food festival with live music and fire shows on the beach, etc.

I haven't been down there for a while, back in my day it was The Stamford Arms, The Lookout and then some kebabs from Peters By The Sea.

Will give Trigg beach a go next time! Looks a bit sharky as in murky water?

Checked out the Scarborough markets on Thursday last week, what a ripper setup!

Also Dumbo Gelato is the best gelato on the Northside of Perth from what we have tried, the one at Cottesloe is boring and bland.
Leederville? My housemate orders a litre on Uber eats...35$!!! But it is delicious.

Having come from VIC/QLD - Perthians cannot merge, it’s atrocious.

We have been to Scarborough and Cottesloe beaches and are trying to find a beach where the waves actually crash a bit at shore - nothing more fun than jumping through mild swell at the beach, however both of these beaches have been completely flat at the several different times we have been there across different visits (9am-3pm). We went to Scarborough at 4:30pm one day and it was pretty rough and swelly but at that time it was bloody freezing! 😂

Any good beaches down south towards Mandurah way or just stick up north and deal with the flats?
Have you tried Trigg?

Anyone who knows Thomas road out Byford way - why isn’t it at a minimum 90?! Just got done 95 in the 80 zone, didn’t even realise I was 15ks over because it’s basically a ******* highway! 😂.
Because I'm only in Perf like maybe 8 times a year now I'm constantly thinking "What is the speed limit here again?"

Last edited:
Pretty sure Thomas Rd used to be 90, but like South Western Hwy it's been reduced to 80

It used to be 90, but with all the housing development there are lots of cars turning on and off Thomas now. It can get quite silly busy there at times.

This road should be upgraded to 4 lanes between the Freeway and Tonkin Hwy because it carries a lot of heavy traffic. Plus the intersection at Nicholson Rd needs to get some traffic lights. I have seen a few near crashes at that spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back