Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

It’s been awful - seems to have got really bad after the week lockdown. Seems like everyone decided they weren’t using public transport anymore

have to get to work by 8 now if I want to snag a car park otherwise I have to do roadside which equates to $32 a day

Hmm not sure how I feel about this
Don’t think it’s such a good idea

also not sure why they use the word “dumped” - it’s some fresh ideas, can’t be all that bad but he does seem to have his favourites. It’s a nice mix of diversity and backgrounds, all will be interesting to see if they can all get along and toe the party line

I think treasurer is normally quite a heavy workload portfolio. I don't think it is good for the premier to take on the job himself if it means losing sight of the overall picture and getting bogged down in the detail of that particular job.

Making a rod for his own back I reckon.

It’s been awful - seems to have got really bad after the week lockdown. Seems like everyone decided they weren’t using public transport anymore

have to get to work by 8 now if I want to snag a car park otherwise I have to do roadside which equates to $32 a day

I've noticed this too, effectively peak hour seems to start an hour early nowadays.

I think treasurer is normally quite a heavy workload portfolio. I don't think it is good for the premier to take on the job himself if it means losing sight of the overall picture and getting bogged down in the detail of that particular job.

Making a rod for his own back I reckon.

Colleagues I've discussed this with suggest it's a factional issue - in essence, there is a delicate balance of left and right, both of them want Treasurer, and McGowan, who arrived at the ALP unaligned (and therefore had to fight hard to win respect) says f*** you to them - at this stage, neither faction would dare oppose anything McGowan did.

Have noticed it as well, up in the northern suburbs where I live mostly, but massive build ups all over the shop.

Yeah was there today. Was crap.

Short term pain for long term gain - has been in dire need of additional lanes for probably a decade or more. Should have been done with the works to go over and under Benara Rd, Morley Dve and Collier Rd. Would also need to be done you'd suspect in time for the Ellenbrook line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having come from VIC/QLD - Perthians cannot merge, it’s atrocious.

We have been to Scarborough and Cottesloe beaches and are trying to find a beach where the waves actually crash a bit at shore - nothing more fun than jumping through mild swell at the beach, however both of these beaches have been completely flat at the several different times we have been there across different visits (9am-3pm). We went to Scarborough at 4:30pm one day and it was pretty rough and swelly but at that time it was bloody freezing! 😂

Any good beaches down south towards Mandurah way or just stick up north and deal with the flats?

We have been to Scarborough and Cottesloe beaches and are trying to find a beach where the waves actually crash a bit at shore - nothing more fun than jumping through mild swell at the beach, however both of these beaches have been completely flat at the several different times we have been there across different visits (9am-3pm). We went to Scarborough at 4:30pm one day and it was pretty rough and swelly but at that time it was bloody freezing! 😂

Any good beaches down south towards Mandurah way or just stick up north and deal with the flats?
Trigg beach or sometimes City Beach

What is merging?

Isnt that something where one business takes over another business?

Disgusting comment. How dare you.

P.S there is no such thing as swell in Perth suburbia.

P.P.S get on the sorry horse you road in on, and get the **** back to the Eastern seaboard, in the first instance!

Disgusting comment. How dare you.

P.S there is no such thing as swell in Perth suburbia.

P.P.S get on the sorry horse you road in on, and get the fu** back to the Eastern seaboard, in the first instance!
No sorry horse here!

Look, have you seen merging in QLD? It’s miles ahead, honestly.

Stick up north,flats are ok on the early easterly,but it can get a bit sharky.

Will give Trigg beach a go next time! Looks a bit sharky as in murky water?

Checked out the Scarborough markets on Thursday last week, what a ripper setup!

Also Dumbo Gelato is the best gelato on the Northside of Perth from what we have tried, the one at Cottesloe is boring and bland.

Scarborough markets? WTF are they? A few surfies selling old surfboards and wetsuits.
Scarborough sunset markets! Just like a big food festival with live music and fire shows on the beach, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back