The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben was sick yet looked like the person with the most energy out there. That's pretty damning.
I thought JJ looked busy and energetic but I only managed to watch the last Q and a bit.
RoCo looked average

Why is Sauce getting minutes over the Kork? The 2nd unit has no spacing at all (or scoring tbh). If BB's going to play a defensive liability, why not one that at least provides some spacing?

I thought JJ looked busy and energetic but I only managed to watch the last Q and a bit.
RoCo looked average

JJ was good for the last quarter or so. Give him, Ben and Joel a pass.

The rest were terrible. It's like they went into the game thinking it was a win. Can't do that in the NBA.

And yeah Covington was putrid.

Has Covington had a good game since he signed?

Seems to have gone to sleep.
2 games ago he had 25, 6/13 from 3 against Detroit. He was always due for a regression, offensive consistency isn't something that's going to be found in someone whose offense is based around shooting tons of 3s and I'm sure it hasn't helped as well that he found out before the Cleveland game one of his friends had been shot and killed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if this opens the chance for a mid-season buy out for Bolden now that we have an open roster space. BC is due to go over to Israel in a couple of days and check on his progress so might be something to it with the timing of dealing Jah.

Did not know that was possible. Would be amazing if bolden came over asap. Looks like he should be a solid nba player.

Nothing really washes the bitterness of Colangelo steadfastly tanking Okafor's value since he usurped Hinkie.

Booker is fine (even fun), but the most notable thing about his presence is that he's on an expiring. Stauskas being part of the deal is amusing in it's own way. Complete opposite of Jah's off-court persona, fully bought in, but delivered almost the same on-court production.

I'd imagine any Bolden buyout talks would require him to part with a significant chunk out of his own pocket. Idk about his contract specifics but he is a starter for one of the top teams in the EuroLeague. He'd also be coming to a team that's just added personnel into their frontcourt that would eat up into any potential playing time.

Just completely moving on and ignoring the loss today.

Someone recommended JJ's podcast... really enjoying it so far, was good listening to him with Joel.
And just listened to his newest with James Corden and it was really good. He is really switched on and keeps it flowing as a host

Just finished that dumpster fire of a performance.
Honestly terrible terrible game.

Offensively, you can't shoot like crap and turn the ball over as often as we did. Ben got a triple double but also turnovers at critical moments. The team rallied in Q4 which was heartening but before that only Richaun and Joel were really giving their all in my opinion. Redick and Bayless as elder statesmen were especially disappointing on that front.

Defensively, we gave up 15 O-boards. They missed 12 free throws and still should have put up 110+ points. Unacceptable play.

We need Fultz back quick smart, the depth is looking very shaky. Just one bench player to score any points today is deeply concerning.

After a promising previous fortnight, the team has really regressed in my opinion. Chaotic offense, lacklustre effort and poor decision-making. May be back to under .500 in a week (@ Cavs, @ NOP, @ Minny, vs OKC).

They've regressed, but without watching much game tape I'd say it's more closer to them normalising to their actual mean. They exceeded early expectations which is why it's a bummer that they've had two bad losses, but this is still a developmental year even if the FO don't see it that way.

Things that do concern me - J.J shooting under 40% from 3. Ben not getting to the line after the Wiz game. General lack of trust as to which, if any, of our backup bigs will show up on any given night. Injuries - especially ones that force Bayless to have 20+ mins. Bryan Colangelo.

They'll get a second wind soon with Fultz, (and Dario + Booker in the rotation) but don't expect too much from the kid straight away.

Just need to be more aggressive going after the boards and better off the ball movement in our offence. We're not too far off imo, shots haven't been dropping recently but we've still been in games.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back