The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Booker should help a bit being that energy guy. Wouldn't mind having dario coming off the bench but I'm not too sure how he's performed previously in that role.

Just need to be more aggressive going after the boards and better off the ball movement in our offence. We're not too far off imo, shots haven't been dropping recently but we've still been in games.

Yup, we look very chaotic at the moment. Movement is there but not purposeful movement.

Has to happen.

M1xszC9FFR4KSIgT2lmnAjau1wmpbYqeyL63QA_gPw8.jpg

Might stick to this thread. That massive troll on the main thread is so annoying. Try to talk basketball and every time he ends up bagging the Sixers, Fultz or Ben. He has a serious issue me thinks.
No point getting sucked in by him or that boston slappy. It's a no win battle and you're not convincing them of anything.

At the risk of over simplifying it... do we rush too much at times and just lose composure?

I get young team and maybe over enthusiastic, but we go that hard at times that it all just falls apart in my opinion.

At the risk of over simplifying it... do we rush too much at times and just lose composure?

I get young team and maybe over enthusiastic, but we go that hard at times that it all just falls apart in my opinion.
I think it's just natural growing pains, we've had a revolving door of a roster the last few years so these guys have barely played much at all together, the lack of synergy is very apparent when you see guys passing to spots they think guys are gonna be and not being on the same page, same goes for defenses with the communication break downs on switches and rotations.

The injuries atm don't help either (really getting killed for wing/guard depth) and you end up having some weird line up combinations you wouldn't normally see and guys put in bigger roles than they should be in. Today especially was full of a weird mish mash of guys who wouldn't have played a lot of minutes together.

I don't mind being over enthusiastic, making aggressive mistakes will pay off in the long run as opposed to promoting passivity to maybe get a win or two more in the short term imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great performance today.
Having greater bench depth was helpful though we still well short of our best team esp. with the Great One out.

Higher quality at both ends, again Holmes with terrific heart and effort, and top-notch shooting from RoCo (who seems to not be too badly injured and is a possibility to play tomorrow).

Trevor Booker could make Philly a much better defensive team. He is an absolute gun athlete who can defend both forward positions. I can see a line-up of Simmons, Fultz, Embid, Covington and Booker as a good defensive unit to put on the floor.

Trevor Booker could make Philly a much better defensive team. He is an absolute gun athlete who can defend both forward positions. I can see a line-up of Simmons, Fultz, Embid, Covington and Booker as a good defensive unit to put on the floor.

Possible to have booker currently starting and saric back to the bench? That would bolster our bench a bit more and give one extra ball handler/playmaker. Holmes/saric would be a good front court for the 2nd unit

Remove this Banner Ad

The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back