The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

I look at what Hornacek is getting from his Knicks roster full of damaged goods, retreads, bad contracts etc. and see what Brett Brown is doing..

I think the knifes need to come out soon for Brown if this slide continues.. he isn’t doing a good job of coaching this squad, rotations are maddening and a lack of spread PNR approach is killing this team..

The Sixers should find a way to get Dario Saric more time at the three spot, and I think the way to do that is using him as a super sub off the bench, a la Toni Kukoc in his Bulls days.

They should re-jig their rotation as so:

C - Joel Embiid
PF - Trevor Booker
SF - Robert Covington
SG - JJ Reddick
PG - Ben Simmons
-----
SF - Dario Saric
SG - Jerryd Bayless
PF - Amir Johnson
PG - TJ McConnell
C - Richaun Holmes
SF - Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot
PG - Jacob Pullen
PF - James Michael McAdoo
-----
SG - Furkan Korkmaz
SG - Markelle Fultz
SF - Justin Anderson

Would lighten the defensive and rebounding load on Embiid too, and provide a bit more balance on both ends of the floor with both the starters and the second unit.

**** me. How the hell have we turned this thread into the most mind-numbing version of a BF gameday thread? Reductive talking points that lack any critical thinking are usually found there, why the **** are we bringing them here?

I get that if people bought into the early season season hype (because I did!) and are now disappointed that they now 'suck', but man it's almost like the last four years never existed and y'all thought they were contending now.

This is a young team, of course this shit was going to happen, and barring any more injuries they're still on track for around 35-40 wins. Exactly where they should be, and what any rational Sixer fan should have expected.

I look at what Hornacek is getting from his Knicks roster full of damaged goods, retreads, bad contracts etc. and see what Brett Brown is doing..

I think the knifes need to come out soon for Brown if this slide continues.. he isn’t doing a good job of coaching this squad, rotations are maddening and a lack of spread PNR approach is killing this team..

I legit hope you're kidding here, because this is way too far off it. With actual players on the court Brett has been a beast, his ghost screens are sometimes the only way Simmons will look to attack the rim.

The fact that you're bringing Brown's name at all here, and not even bothering to mention Colangelo is scary. If it isn't clear by now that Colagenlo is a questionable, at best, evalutor of talent, and that's he's mortgaged our future for immediate gains (which have yet to been realised), then we're watching two different teams.

Pin the blame on Bayless for missing wide-open 3s if you want, but he's exactly the player he's always been. He's the symptom of the problem, not the problem itself.

I have faith in this team's potential to be great, and am content with rolling with the ups and downs of this season, because they were set-up with 2 transcendent talents, a coach that isn't toxic and know how to set plays, and financial flexibility. All thanks to the previous regime.

If you want the Knicks, go back and watch the Sixers from 2010-13.

Is it just me or is Dario despised by the refs more than any other player in the NBA?

I made a vid of his tech today and if you look closely he was tech'd before he could even get a word out, so it definitely wasn't a tech for abuse. He was simply asking a question.

Imagine if Draymond was ref'd with this same consistency, he wouldn't finish a game.

Is it just me or is Dario despised by the refs more than any other player in the NBA?

I made a vid of his tech today and if you look closely he was tech'd before he could even get a word out, so it definitely wasn't a tech for abuse. He was simply asking a question.

Imagine if Draymond was ref'd with this same consistency, he wouldn't finish a game.

Tech for that. Lol. Your right that Draymond gets away with way worse then that.

I've noticed that Dario and Ben hardly get any calls. Not sure why.

First chance to see a game live in a while, and whilst the Bayless antipathy is warranted, I can't help but correlate it back to the Booker trade and think that I'd much rather be giving Stauskas his minutes right now.

At the same time, I'm not seeing much of Booker here. He & Embiid are painful offensively when he takes the post instead of Embiid.

Enjoying Simmons' D on KP but like always he needs to be more aggressive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DSOE4X2X4AAeDAs.jpg:large

Young team gonna young team gonna young team gonna. If you expected anything less, then get your expectations in order.

Fultz needs to take Bayless' minutes asap. Stauskas being respectable in Brooklyn, and Bayless going -20 in a 4 pt loss, is peak Colangelo.

Never wanted anything more

Fqv5q0RtSp0O2uo51Y49xvxssgZcB6SYVSaWSmpW2rI.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's good, honestly. It's a bit of a wake up that he can't just drive and score and needs to develop other ways to get his.

Yeah but when he does make a jumper like he did today he doesn't shoot another jumper. You'd think he'd be confident after making the first one.

Yeah but when he does make a jumper like he did today he doesn't shoot another jumper. You'd think he'd be confident after making the first one.
Yeah it's weird, for all the confidence he seems to exude it's pretty clear there's a lot of doubt going on inside his head. Needs to learn a thing or two from TJ who went from an offensive zero to now he's really comfortable with that 10 - 15ft pull up. No reason why Ben can't get that show very often with how far guys sag, his jumper doesn't even seem that bad when he he's in rhythm and pulls up from that elbow area.

Yeah it's weird, for all the confidence he seems to exude it's pretty clear there's a lot of doubt going on inside his head. Needs to learn a thing or two from TJ who went from an offensive zero to now he's really comfortable with that 10 - 15ft pull up. No reason why Ben can't get that show very often with how far guys sag, his jumper doesn't even seem that bad when he he's in rhythm and pulls up from that elbow area.

I think it will come but atm it's frustrating watching him not shoot because you know he can knock those jumpers down when he does take them. Also he needs better players around him like we always say. He got his team mates so many good looks today but they just can't make them count.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back