The Picken throw and general umpire bias!!

Remove this Banner Ad

zucchini

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wow!
How bad can umpiring be?
It is blatant home team love and it happens every week.
West Coast given the world by the umps at home, and people say they are unbeatable at home well thats because they get every 50/50 decision plus most of the crowd crying calls eg deliberate out of bounds.
Anyway, if this game was in vic the dogs win.

Derp, if you want plain numbers 12 - 15 in the dogs favour and we have been on the small end of the ledger in 3 out of the last 4 games.

That's not even taking into account utter dogshit frees like McLean's filthy ducking goal.

Wow!
How bad can umpiring be?
West Coast given the world by the umps at home, and people say they are unbeatable at home well thats because they get every 50/50 decision plus most of the crowd crying calls eg deliberate out of bounds.
what game were you watching?

I did see a West Coast player run right at a Bulldog taking a mark 40 metres out, front on and chopping his arms. Play on.

Then the ball was up the other end and a kick from just outside the 50 from an Eagle travelled about 10 metres to another Eagle at the 40 mark and was called a mark.

That's the way of the west, I turned it off after that, I've seen that movie before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our free kicks didn't result in cheap goals. That 10m (if lucky) mark & Kennedy flopping out of the contest both got goals.

Could have been more like when Kennedy got his opponent high first & then flopped again once he got high contact.

But not much more corruption than with a couple of minutes left, Darling takes possession, looks where his opponent is & tries to get away from him. Then he gets tackled & clean drops the ball with the umpire 10m away with a clear view, "play on".

There wasn't many free kicks overall compared to other games & other weeks, we didn't lose because of the umpires but they made an impact.

Thought the Eagles got the better of some calls overall yet the Dogs still won the count which is another good effort. A player dropping his knees should see initial contact as play on especially when he is a ducking campaigner but the tackler held that hand position over his neck for far too long so the free IMO was probably the right call.

Eagles precision into the 50 looked so much cleaner. Dogs did well to come back taking risks but the win was set up by better footy from the Eagles.

I did see a West Coast player run right at a Bulldog taking a mark 40 metres out, front on and chopping his arms. Play on.

Then the ball was up the other end and a kick from just outside the 50 from an Eagle travelled about 10 metres to another Eagle at the 40 mark and was called a mark.

That's the way of the west, I turned it off after that, I've seen that movie before.
Good on you Cyclops, don't want you watching our players anyway.

Thought it was a fairly decently umpired game all up. We lost the count but still managed to win, as remarkable as that might seem to some people.

Wow!
How bad can umpiring be?
You are delusional on this issue, unfortunately. Confirmation bias at its most evident.

Our free kicks didn't result in cheap goals.

Did you miss the cheap goal you got from McLean doing his usual ducking/dropping the knees move and getting a head high free?

Wow!
How bad can umpiring be?
I don't understand your point, there were no deliberate out of bounds called? So the crowd "crying calls" resulted it nothing?
Don't you have crowds that cheer for decisions in the east? You should really try it if you think it works so well.

Good on you Cyclops, don't want you watching our players anyway.
Before I switched off I did see Darling throwing his head back and dropping like he'd been shot, Lindsay Thomas style, so I can see why you wouldn't want people watching that sort of rubbish, or any games the Eagles play at the MCG for that matter.

Pretty well umpired game I thought. Two poor decisions stood out (McLean's head high and Darling not pinged for holding the ball) but I'd take that level of umpiring every day of the week

Those were the two bad ones that stood out for me as well.

Thought it was well umpired other than that. Loved the loosening of the deliberate out of bounds rule (was one even paid?)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Picken throw and general umpire bias!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back