Competitions The Pieman 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

PIEMAN RESULTS Rd 21 v Melbourne

Another smashing of a highly regarded team. Keep it going!
Ten different goalscorers but only 2 Chumps tonight.West missing out probably had a big impact on the Chumps.

Carryover Teams and Pieman Subsytitutes

With the Friday game and the short break there were 18 carryover teams but no Pieman subs were needed.

Most Popular Picks

1722611409600.png

The KELVIN

Fourteen scores over 100 and a high average but nothing over 200. Best effort for this week's Kelvin was Snarls Barkley (183) with his carryover team featuring a full serve of Treloar. There was a three-way tie for second on 175. Curly5 and X_box_X had identical teams and got this week's Chumps. They re joined by Struggle who went big on Poulter.

Last week's winner ScottyDogg proved the old saying "After the Lord Mayor's Show comes the night cart" with a doughnut this week.

Average score was 87.74 and the median was 87.

1722659949702.png

The PIEMAN

Things suddenly got very interesting on the leaderboard. No change of leader but with X-box-x's good score there is only 14 points in it. chez_ferret just in front. ossie_21 made some small gains and is now 105 behind the leader.

1722659984925.png

Pieman Player of the Week

In his 250th game Adam Treloar is the PPotW.

Best possible score was 242 with a chump of Treloar+Williams+Poulter+Richards+English for 169 plus a bonus of 73.

Best possible non-chump was 220 for a 3x Treloar and 2x Williams.

1722612526040.png

Pieman Player of the Year

Yet another change of leader this week with the Bont taking over by the narrowest of margins from Treloar and West slipping from the lead back to a close third. Marra not too far away as well.

A tight competition for PPotY is always good for the Pieman comp.

1722612994966.png

Secret Selections
Don't forget that this late in the season you can lodge your weekly selections by PM'ing me if you want to keep it secret until the game starts. Has to reach me before the game starts, of course.

Last edited:
Hi DW

I seem to have been given last weeks team of Darcy x 3 Poulter x 2 when I went with the above for his week
Thanks D13. This was a headscratcher but I've now worked out what happened.

Yours was the last entry to arrive and I hurriedly entered it into Pieman Central before settling in to watch the match. However I inadvertently put your entry on the wrong line. I put it on the next line down which was Dogs_R_Us. So you got the carryover when it should have been D-R-Us.

The second part of the mystery was why Dogs_R_Us hadn't lodged his entry this week as he's usually pretty regular. So I did a search of his posts in this thread to make sure I hadn't missed one. Turns out he is suspended and has now had carryovers the last TWO weeks. (Maybe he took one for the team?) Anyway he'll get his carryover team again this week and you'll get your 144 points.

I have now fixed it and have replaced the Kelvin and Pieman tables in the results post above. You've moved up a couple of spots and DRU has moved down a few.

My apologies. I'm so flat out with various stuff (all non-footy) that I'm doing everything in a rush right now. So it's good you people are keeping me honest! Apologies for any admin errors that may occur ... I haven't been doing all the usual QA checks the last few weeks.

Last edited:
Thanks D13. This was a headscratcher but I've now worked out what happened.

Yours was the last entry to arrive and I hurriedly entered it into Pieman Central before settling in to watch the match. However I inadvertently put your entry on the wrong line. I put it on the next line down which was Dogs_R_Us. So you got the carryover when it should have been D-R-Us.

The second part of the mystery was why Dogs_R_Us hadn't lodged his entry this week as he's usually pretty regular. So I did a search of his posts in this thread to make sure I hadn't missed one. Turns out he is suspended and has now had carryovers the last TWO weeks. (Maybe he took one for the team?) Anyway he'll get his carryover team again this week and you'll get your 144 points.

I have now fixed it and have replaced the Kelvin and Pieman tables in the results post above. You've moved up a couple of spots and DRU has moved down a few.

My apologies. I'm so flat out with various stuff (all non-footy) that I'm doing everything in a rush right now. So it's good you people are keeping me honest! Apologies for any admin errors that may occur ... I haven't been doing all the usual QA checks the last few weeks.
Thanks DW

And no need to apologise we all appreciate the work you do with this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh man, I haven’t checked my team for ages.

Thank you to the Pieman gods for giving me Treloar for Sanders. I am not worthy
**** you pie gods…I pick mine every week and can’t buy a good week and these upstarts don’t even look at their teams and do better with dumb luck

PIEMAN ROUND 22 v Adelaide 4:10pm 11 August

Backs
Taylor Duryea, Liam Jones, Buku Khamis
Half Backs Lachlan Bramble, Rory Lobb, Bailey Dale
Centre Caleb Poulter, Adam Treloar, Bailey Williams
Half Forwards Ed Richards, Aaron Naughton, Rhylee West
Forwards Cody Weightman, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Laitham Vandermeer

Followers Tim English, Marcus Bontempelli, Tom Liberatore

Interchange Oskar Baker, Nick Coffield, Caleb Daniel, Sam Darcy, Joel Freijah, Riley Garcia, Lachlan McNeil, Ryley Sanders

Handicaps
Those shaded in the lighter colour are on the extended bench. Three of those will be left out and one will probably be the WB sub.
1723113265728.png

Pieman Substitutes

If Pieman substitutes are needed the will be applied in the following sequence:

Treloar​
Bontempelli​
Naughton​
Weightman​
Ugle-Hagan​

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions The Pieman 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back