Rumour The Possible Trades Thread (Merged Threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

I really think Vickery is the least of your worries. He's the future of your ruck division - but he's not the now.

Which is why I think you should shop at Carlton's Reasonably Price Ruck Emporium for someone who can do the job now, whilst Tyrone works away at his own pace.

One decent KPD, please.

No thanks ;)

More than happy for our young rucks (Graham, Vickery, Browne, Gorringe??) to learn their trade rotating through the AFL. Our midfield will be able to carry them soon anyway :thumbsu:

Hopefully looking to trade our surplus of KPDs and others for another high-ish draft pick and/or players to strengthen our mid/small forward stocks.

I really think Vickery is the least of your worries. He's the future of your ruck division - but he's not the now.

Which is why I think you should shop at Carlton's Reasonably Price Ruck Emporium for someone who can do the job now, whilst Tyrone works away at his own pace.

One decent KPD, please.

So when did Kruezer become traid bait !

Good point Beaver.

Most drafted rucks haven't played an AFL game in their first couple of years at an AFL club. The fact TV went at pick 8 automatically means he draws attention. The fact the club has played him so early drew even myself into the belief that he should be showing more. But in reality, he has played 20 more games than he would have had we had a couple half decent rucks on our list.

yep agree but in saying this it shows a real need of the club to invest just a tad more than they have in this area.jesus h christ vickery is just about the only ruckman in 10 plus yrs that we have invested a decent pick in the area no wonder we are forever trading for aging hacks and have no longevity with our rucks.

if vickery does fail it leaves just graham who quite frankly is very ordinary and a young rookie in browne who may or may not make the grade in time.

it would not hurt to take one with a decent pick this yr rookie one and give a go to a couple of slightly older ones in giles and derickx. create an environment where spots are up for grabs. let them battle it out and keep the better 3 or so.

ive been thinking about ruckman and the extra time that they take to develop...and i thought of a solution to this problem of waiting for ruckman to develop.

why do clubs just wait until a ruckman starts performing in the WAFL, VFL, SANFL and then draft them, be that at age 20, 22 or even 25. why waste picks on ruckman who you know is going to take many a season and just continually top up with mature age ruckman??

then teams could focus on selecting as many of the running and kp players as possible...makes sense i think

ive been thinking about ruckman and the extra time that they take to develop...and i thought of a solution to this problem of waiting for ruckman to develop.

why do clubs just wait until a ruckman starts performing in the WAFL, VFL, SANFL and then draft them, be that at age 20, 22 or even 25. why waste picks on ruckman who you know is going to take many a season and just continually top up with mature age ruckman??

then teams could focus on selecting as many of the running and kp players as possible...makes sense i think

Sounds good in theory but I think its always best to have a developing ruckman or two on your list. Definately not against the idea of drafting a mature age ruck on the premise that the club thinks they can do the job though.

We have two developing ruckmen so another is not at the top of our priorities, but with only three on the list I'm sure we'll pick up one. It will be Gorringe with our first pick or a late rounder on a big-boned kid or a more mature bloke with senior experience.

If we do snag an extra top 20 pick or two and Lycett is there we might go for him but I think we'd more likely to get a Cook or Mitchell if we've gone a mid at 6. If we get Gorringe or Lynch at 6 we'll be targeting the likes of Harper, Smedts, Lamb, Jacobs and any left-over mids like Parker or Caddy.

If we can secure four picks in the top 30 we'll keep the influx of talented kids coming regardless of bringing in the likes of Sherman and Houli. I'm going to assume that we will get those two regardless of what any of us thinks. I personally think they can both bring something to the side and I'll back our coaching panel's ability to bring the best out of them. (Isn't it nice to be able to say that?)

My ideal:

McGuane to Suns for pick 15.
Tambling to Suns for 13.
Rance to Haw/Freo for 19/20.
Thursfield to Carlton for 2nd/3rd rounder to be on-traded for Sherman.
Polo and Nahas for whatever we can get, even if it's nothing.

If we trade our 2nd rounder for Sherman and get Carlton's 3rd-rounder for Thursty that would leave us with picks 6, 13, 15, 20, 46-50, 53-57 (depending on the use of compensation picks). Trade one of the last two picks for Houli. Maybe trade one of the extra first rounders for Sam Jacobs. I like the Big Sauce. He would be our number one ruckman straight up. 40-odd hitouts in the VFL GF against the best ruckman in that comp, Orren Stephenson.

Out: Simmo, Cuz, McMahon, Thomson, Hislop, Nahas, Polo, McGuane, Rance, Tambling.
In: Sherman, Houli, Heppell/Lynch/Gorringe/Atley, Harper, Jacobs/Cook/Mitchell, Smedts/Lamb/Ben Jacobs, Isaac Smith, The Best of What's Left, Gourdis.

Dunno how we're going to get 15 & 13 from GC for McGuane & Tambling resopectively when you consider what Adelaide got for Boak...and yeah I know Boak was uncontracted and the compo was determined by the AFL, but surely GC would factor it in when putting their own value on certain players and picks...

Dunno how we're going to get 15 & 13 from GC for McGuane & Tambling resopectively when you consider what Adelaide got for Boak...and yeah I know Boak was uncontracted and the compo was determined by the AFL, but surely GC would factor it in when putting their own value on certain players and picks...

Bock*

I agree though. In fact I can't see any Richmond player ending up at the GC next year, not through the trade period anyway.

WOW PICK 13 and 15 for those to average players....WILL NOT HAPPEN.

More realistically 23 and 25 and even then that is probably too high...

Bock*

I agree though. In fact I can't see any Richmond player ending up at the GC next year, not through the trade period anyway.

Yeah obviously I meant Bock not Boak....Bock, Boak, Bjork...it all sounds like the Swedish Chef from The Muppets to me...

I still think McGuane might end up there (not for anything substantial though) and possibly McMahon as a very late pick up for nothing....they need all the experience they can get, even if it's just hacks to nurse the kids in the reserves...

Yeah obviously I meant Bock not Boak....Bock, Boak, Bjork...it all sounds like the Swedish Chef from The Muppets to me...

I still think McGuane might end up there (not for anything substantial though) and possibly McMahon as a very late pick up for nothing....they need all the experience they can get, even if it's just hacks to nurse the kids in the reserves...

He's actually a Cats supporter...

bump-chef.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOW PICK 13 and 15 for those to average players....WILL NOT HAPPEN.

More realistically 23 and 25 and even then that is probably too high...

I did say 'ideal'. ;)

Gold Coast has the picks to spend and if they want McGuane they might have to beat Carlton's pick 18. Ditto with Tambling and maybe Freo's pick 20. I have no idea if they're interested in Tambling but DT or someone reported a pick around 15 was being discussed re McGuane. I suspect McGuane is rated higher within AFL clubs than he is on BigFooty. Anyway, even if we get two picks in the 20s we'll be in a good position.

I did say 'ideal'. ;)

Gold Coast has the picks to spend and if they want McGuane they might have to beat Carlton's pick 18. Ditto with Tambling and maybe Freo's pick 20. I have no idea if they're interested in Tambling but DT or someone reported a pick around 15 was being discussed re McGuane. I suspect McGuane is rated higher within AFL clubs than he is on BigFooty. Anyway, even if we get two picks in the 20s we'll be in a good position.

its really irrelavant to what carlton or freo offer because it certainly wont be the mentioned picks.

the reason why pick 15 was mentioned i believe is because thats their last pick unless im mistaken !

The days of two genuine ruckman might well be gone , and with that in mind I think we should be looking for a mature aged part time ruckman / forward type who had been in the system for a year or two , like Mitch clarke and Everitt.
i would love to get both these players ! really rate clarke both as a foward & ruckman.

everitt will be a great utility in 2 years is 193-194 cm good speed & leap
both would be excellent additions to our list perfect age bracket aswell.

Mitch Clarke would be AWESOME. Finally a player mentioned in here WORTH trading for. We would have to give up a lot though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour The Possible Trades Thread (Merged Threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back