Rumour The Possible Trades Thread (Merged Threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

taylor on potential alone is worth more, he was rated a top 10 pick but slipped because of the attitude thing (remember buddy )

dea .................................. again we drafted him for a reason & the kid was injured , but that potential hasnt disapeared for no reason

if you asked cameron,hardwick to swap dea for houli the answer would be NO

That's ok, was just my opinion thats all.

Taylor top 10 pick is a fair stretch. I think the end of the first round is where draft pundits such as Emma Quayle had him pencilled in as talent wise.

If we effectively swap Nahas for Houli = :thumbsu:

I like this responsible trading strategy

I somewhat agree, however I'd like to think that we judge each trade on its merits. Say if we get a 3rd rounder for Nahas, I'd like to think that we treat that 3rd rounder as what it is, a 3rd rounder. And not Nahas. If that makes sense :confused:

If Gary leaves and you get a couple of first round picks in return then we'll gladly take your original first round pick i.e. 23.

You reckon we'd do that? I'm not so sure we would.

I believe we would.

Hmmm.

I think we as fans can be quick to jump the gun on wanting to trade players who have only been in the system a few years, and when the player in question is a key position, I think you've got to give them more time.

For this reason I doubt Richmond would accept solely a pick over 20 for Rance. The kid has only finished his third season and has shown some good signs which is all you want from a young developing key defender.

If he was to be traded solely for a draft choice, I couldn't see Richmond accepting any offer over Pick 20.

Hmmm.

I think we as fans can be quick to jump the gun on wanting to trade players who have only been in the system a few years, and when the player in question is a key position, I think you've got to give them more time.

For this reason I doubt Richmond would accept solely a pick over 20 for Rance. The kid has only finished his third season and has shown some good signs which is all you want from a young developing key defender.

If he was to be traded solely for a draft choice, I couldn't see Richmond accepting any offer over Pick 20.

We would be dumb not to take a pick inside 25-30 for Rance. Especially in draft that's so even thus talent at later picks. Last year alone players like Fyfe, Bastinac, Duncan, Stevens, Coyler, etc went in that pick range in a weaker draft. Give me them over Rance.

You'd also be dreaming to think another club would offer a pick under 20 for Rance who's done nothing to justify his selection at 19, only made his currency worse coming into his 4th year in the system.

You'd also be dreaming to think another club would offer a pick under 20 for Rance who's done nothing to justify his selection at 19, only made his currency worse coming into his 4th year in the system.

That was my point.

I'd rather hang onto him than sell him up the river for a pick from 25-30.

I for one believe he has gone ok for a Pick 18 who is a key defender and has only been with us for 3 seasons. I'm sure that's how Richmond view him as well. Hasn't done a lot wrong in my opinion to warrant his currency going down.

That was my point.

I'd rather hang onto him than sell him up the river for a pick from 25-30.

I for one believe he has gone ok for a Pick 18 who is a key defender and has only been with us for 3 seasons. I'm sure that's how Richmond view him as well. Hasn't done a lot wrong in my opinion to warrant his currency going down.

Rance isn't a KP defender, he's a flanker.

Hey all you Richmond fans.

Been having a discussion with other Melbourne supporters about our search for a 2nd ruck/forward and Tyrone Vickery's name came up.

Now of course we're aware that he wouldn't be cheap but with Will Thursfield recently announcing he wants out of Punt rd it opens up your need for a KPD.

Do you reckon a trade of Matthew Warnock & Pick 12 for Vickery is a fair trade or is he untouchable?

Cheers,
Wonna2Jurrah.

Been having a discussion with other Melbourne supporters about our search for a 2nd ruck/forward and Tyrone Vickery's name came up.

Now of course we're aware that he wouldn't be cheap but with Will Thursfield recently announcing he wants out of Punt rd it opens up your need for a KPD.

Do you reckon a trade of Matthew Warnock & Pick 12 for Vickery is a fair trade or is he untouchable?

Cheers,
Wonna2Jurrah.

Thursfield is leaving because we have too many KPD's...

pick 12 and warnock - prob not. pick 12 and someone we seek, and maybe.

TBH, I don't think we'd entertain much of a trade as he is the only ruckman we've drafted early for yonks. Pick 12 and max gawn, though, and maybe.

Don't invest too much time in thinking about it though

Cheers,
Wonna2Jurrah.

astbury,post,mcguane,rance,gourdis,grimes .............. i think we are ok for kpd thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers,
Wonna2Jurrah.

We'd be seriously stupid to take that deal. Vickery has a lot of development left for us and smarts to spare and we have so much in the KPD department we could start a yard sale for them.

Edit: sorry, missed where you said pick 12 as well. Still wouldn't take. He fills a need, Warnock creates a surplus.

Not too sure, but you'd have to say that KPD's seem to be in demand this year

Could make a valid case for the following having considerable need/ interest:

Swans
Hawks
Blues
Freo
GC

If > 2 decide to bid, then a second rounder seems achieveable.

You're probably right, although I suppose it's hard to assess with the compromised draft and all. My thinking was in the 30's maybe...you should be helped by the fact that Carlton and the Hawks, among others, really have a need.

Prob right. Just saw some really slow movement out there this year. Really struggling to find a position and so if others perceive a need and are willing to pay, then we'd be mad not to consider it
Agree.
I hate it when he has the ball. Really, really hate it. Like, Gaspar hate it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour The Possible Trades Thread (Merged Threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back