Rumour The Possible Trades Thread (Merged Threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Santa has a point to a certain extent...sometimes recruiters think the rookie list is some kind of boom or bust list, pick someone with "potentia" and hope they come good.

The tigers have had next to no success with the rookie list, except for foley. Ian Richardson should be on the radar of our recruiters, he has 3 great seasons in the WAFL as a foil to Chad Jones who has kicked a mountain of goals (around 80 a year i think) and so would be good at playing that foil for jack.

Claremont are also the tigers and their theme song is "were from tigerland" so he would fit in really well.

He is only 21 and has a bit of mongrel in him, defenders dont like to play on him as he has that white line fever syndrome and gives it his all.

A MUST FOR RICHMOND THIS YEAR....would still be available in the third round as well imo

Here's a couple of deals I'll throw up with a few things in mind :
Back up ruckman who can pinch hit forward , I don't rate Vickery !
Genuine mobile swingman who can pinch hit in defense forward and minor ruck !
Goal kicking polished mid who can rotate on ball.
Smart quick roving offensive goal kicker !

Trade :
rance and white to bulldogs for Everitt
Mcguanne and nahas to Brisbane for Mitch Clarke
Use the two spots that these trades give us on two known untried players whom if we land I can assure will be upgrades on Nahas and White !!
In essence we have a huge win with no gamble , McGuanne , Ramce , White and Nahas , will most likely be depth players next year , we fill needs and upgrade in quality with 4 who by mid season will be locks in our best side !!

Here's a couple of deals I'll throw up with a few things in mind :
Back up ruckman who can pinch hit forward , I don't rate Vickery !
Genuine mobile swingman who can pinch hit in defense forward and minor ruck !
Goal kicking polished mid who can rotate on ball.
Smart quick roving offensive goal kicker !

Trade :
rance and white to bulldogs for Everitt
Mcguanne and nahas to Brisbane for Mitch Clarke
Use the two spots that these trades give us on two known untried players whom if we land I can assure will be upgrades on Nahas and White !!
In essence we have a huge win with no gamble , McGuanne , Ramce , White and Nahas , will most likely be depth players next year , we fill needs and upgrade in quality with 4 who by mid season will be locks in our best side !!
You make some good points.
If I was interested in anyone during trade period, it would be for a ruckman. Vickery is a spud.
Hale would be the one I would go after.
Failing that, one of Calrton's plethora of young rucks.

Vickery is a spud.

You keep telling yourself that. He's a smart player and he's going to enjoy proving you very wrong.

Pretty sure these trade threads make me dumber each time I read them. "Yeah! Let's trade Foley guys! Yeah! Let's offer McGuane for every single trade proposal someone comes up with! Whooo! Let's trade Tambling for SpudHouli!"

You keep telling yourself that. He's a smart player and he's going to enjoy proving you very wrong.

Pretty sure these trade threads make me dumber each time I read them. "Yeah! Let's trade Foley guys! Yeah! Let's offer McGuane for every single trade proposal someone comes up with! Whooo! Let's trade Tambling for SpudHouli!"
I hope he does prove me wrong, because right now, wasting pick 8 on this spud really annoys me with each passing day.
To think we could have drafted someone of equal ability with pick 50 and grabbed Ziebell or Steele Sidebottom?

I hope he does prove me wrong, because right now, wasting pick 8 on this spud really annoys me with each passing day.
To think we could have drafted someone of equal ability with pick 50 and grabbed Ziebell or Steele Sidebottom?

So Riewoldt gets 5 years in the system to try and establish himself yet you won't give a kid who is 200cm and severely undersized the same amount of time?

Jee this time of the year makes people go crazy me thinks.

So Riewoldt gets 5 years in the system to try and establish himself yet you won't give a kid who is 200cm and severely undersized the same amount of time?

Read what I said.
I have no problem with Vickery. Had we picked him at No 40 or 50.
I have a problem with picking him at No 8. Which I consider a waste of a pick for him.
He has shown nothing to suggest he is even remotely a top 10 pick.

Reiwoldt showed alot more ability in his first two games than Vickery ha in his first two years !!
Two occasions Vickery has shown something which resembles ability in Two years of football at either AFL or VFL level .
Kids who show glimpses and a will to improve will become more consistant with experience .
Vickery has shown less glimpses in his first two years than any player I can remember for a hell of a long time .
In saying that he has shown a couple this year , so I'm not prepared to completely wipe him, but we must stop drooling over him and giving him charity games .
He needs to work his arse off harder than anyone at the club !!
As for being a runt , light weight , you do realise his father is a conditioning coach at a AFL club , so you'd expect he'd have greater access to improve that than most others within the AFL system , so I don't wear that as an excuse more of an example that he's lazy or doesn't have the work rate required to make it !
The jury is still out on him and he is a loooooong way off , and as such we need to recruit in a ready made to allow our other young players to continue to develop without carrying him !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ca-ching!

Before this season, admit it, Riewoldt was considered only above average. And yet, you compare a 5th year gun to a 2nd year underdeveloped ruck who for his first year had a broken Simmo and Monkey Monkhurst as a coach. Come now.

Reiwoldt like Taylor and 95% of other young draftees as stages has looked ordinary , but he has always shown potential and as is with all players its a matter of whether he can do it consistantly , Vickery has shown a lot less than most players , who have played the amount he has .
Even with his so called tiny frame he should be showing something !

Oh and here's a little comparison !

Ben McEvoy T. Vickery
Drafted 2008 2009
Pick. 6. 8
height 200cm. 200
Weight 97 91
total games 30 23
2010 games 18. 14
Total goals. 10. 8
2010 goals. 7. 10
D.o.b. 11/07/89. 31/05/1990

If Tyrone comes out this year anywhere near McEvoy I'll be wrapped but at this time last year McEvoy had played less games was a month younger, but was a fair way in front of where Tyrone currently is !

He's a better player than McEvoy, better head on his shoulders. One is in a grand final side with coaches like Silvagni and the other had to put up with shocking facilities in his first two seasons and shocking coaches in his first season. He'll have a very good 3rd year when he comes in with confidence. Although, not totally sold on him as a ruck though, neither him or Graham have poise or timing when tapping, Post and Browne do although whereas Graham is a big baby Vickery's poor rucking might just be a consequence of poor coaching and being as yet too small.

Reiwoldt like Taylor and 95% of other young draftees as stages has looked ordinary , but he has always shown potential and as is with all players its a matter of whether he can do it consistantly , Vickery has shown a lot less than most players , who have played the amount he has .
Even with his so called tiny frame he should be showing something !

...he's shown about as much as watts and a little less than natinui...
...my understanding is that he is coming off a knee reco...
...so i am prepeared to wait a while longer to see what the young string bean ruckboy can show...
...at least with his dreadlocks shorn we can expect a tad more speed out of him...:D...

Not concerned about TV at all. Has exceeded expectations.

Good point Beaver.

Most drafted rucks haven't played an AFL game in their first couple of years at an AFL club. The fact TV went at pick 8 automatically means he draws attention. The fact the club has played him so early drew even myself into the belief that he should be showing more. But in reality, he has played 20 more games than he would have had we had a couple half decent rucks on our list.

Sheesh, you gotta feel for Ty Vickery. He seems to have become a victim of actually getting a go at senior level. Meanwhile big young blokes like Ayce Cordy, Rhys Stanley and Max Gawn maintain their star potential by not getting any opportunities.

I really think Vickery is the least of your worries. He's the future of your ruck division - but he's not the now.

Which is why I think you should shop at Carlton's Reasonably Price Ruck Emporium for someone who can do the job now, whilst Tyrone works away at his own pace.

One decent KPD, please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour The Possible Trades Thread (Merged Threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back