Official Club Stuff The President & the Board - Sayers to continue as Pres until end of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

No worries.

I was hoping windows was going to tell us which one is going to cause him to get his pitchfork if they get nominated for President

In the Mathieson article it was alluded that it would be Kinnersly (thats how I took it) but its been suggested today it will be Priestly. Looking at their CVs Priestly probably makes more sense (not that Patt is any slouch).

No worries.

I was hoping windows was going to tell us which one is going to cause him to get his pitchfork if they get nominated for President
Was thinking Craig Mathieson. Except he's been on CFC board since Oct '12. Only has another 18 months to go before his 12 yrs (max) as board member expire.

All words. Members want action and results.

To go a totally different way. I fear that we have won too many games already this year so we can’t draft Harley Reid. Bloody hell, Blues! Can’t you do anything right? :(

Last edited:
Was thinking Craig Mathieson. Except he's been on CFC board since Oct '12. Only has another 18 months to go before his 12 yrs (max) as board member expire.

The quicker Mathieson's tenure is up the better.

Maybe then maybe his uncle will **** off for good!

The quicker Mathieson's tenure is up the better.

Maybe then maybe his uncle will * off for good!
Totally agree. Craig slyly feeding private CFC board business to his wealthy uncle, whose living the cushy retirement life on the GC.
Bruce then winds up and starts throwing grenades at the club. Mathieson's are toxic.
Sooner the stench of their stinking disloyalty and dodgy dollaroos leave our club forever, the better.

View attachment 1694683

The people that knowingly approve employment of this bunch, given their credentials, are the core of the issue at this club. Blindingly clear

Tigers before 2017

Senior coach: Damien Hardwick
Head of coaching and football performance: Tim Livingstone
Forwards: Justin Leppitsch
Defence: Ben Rutten
Midfield spread and ball movement: Blake Caracella
Midfield stoppages: Andrew McQualter
Development coaches: Craig McRae (VFL senior coach), Xavier Clarke, Ryan Ferguson
Opposition: All line coaches

View attachment 1694683

The people that knowingly approve employment of this bunch, given their credentials, are the core of the issue at this club. Blindingly clear
I don’t know if I have ever seen something more damning of an “elite” sporting organisation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dept of Treasury referred PwC to the AFP tonight. Expect the Anti-Corruption Commission to open investigations where they start up on July 1 too. Bunch of new govt contracts awarded to Sayers' own firm since he departed PwC too.

In a couple of months, Sayers may be too busy to stay on...there's a question of ethics of him staying in the gig while under investigation as well.

Further to Sparky’s post above, and for those of you not yet playing at home on the PwC scandal, my view is that Sayers is a dead man walking. I am expecting a transition at Carlton sooner rather than later.

Further to Sparky’s post above, and for those of you not yet playing at home on the PwC scandal, my view is that Sayers is a dead man walking. I am expecting a transition at Carlton sooner rather than later.

Needs to go. AFP and NACC will be all over him and rightfully so.

He has already stepped down from the board of his wife's charity. The same charity that received millions under the previous government and publicly endorsed Frydenberg during the election. Can't see how he can remain in the Carlton job at this point. Has zero credibility from a leadership perspective at the moment. The club needs clear air and he only has 18 months to run anyway. Time to go.

Cripes this isn't gonna be another big scandal for Carlton is it

Not really anything to do with the club that I'm aware of, but we'll get the "guilty by association" tag as long as he remains as our Pres. It's similar territory to Jack Elliott's legal troubles back in the day.

I think most folks in the footy community won't really understand the issue but there's a real credibility issue and I suspect some of our board members will be pressuring him to step down sooner rather than later. The fact that he's playing the Sgt Schultz routine thus far carries little weight as he was the CEO at the time of the alleged activities and there's basically no way he didn't know about a new revenue stream suddenly appearing on the books that was allegedly providing guidance to multinationals on how to dodge upcoming tax changes based on illegal disclosure and sharing of classified information.

The Senate Estimates committee are sitting this week and grilling every government agency about their dealings with PwC, so it's not going away any time soon. Dept of Treasury are gunning for them as far as I can tell.

JP Morgan....
We really love the white collar crims don't we?
And Kinnersley, please

At least Kinnersley's CV appears a lot more transparent, than Priestley's.
Three yrs ago, Robert received 'derivative' immunity by the ACCC, in a criminal cartel investigation.

Here's the link for Blues current board. Good luck clicking on Priestley's bio. Or trying to research online, much, if any current info on him...:think:

Geez....hadn't looked into Priestley's history. I know the top end of town is rife with dubious characters (I've worked for more than a few including NFL owners who are deplorable humans) but we sure do get our fair share at Carlton. I'd love a board spill right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff The President & the Board - Sayers to continue as Pres until end of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back