Official Club Stuff The President & the Board - Sayers to continue as Pres until end of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Got no idea what you guys are talking about but I like to buy 2 litres of Oak chocolate. I find the taste a bit strong for my liking so I pour into a glass 3/4 oak, 1/4 plain milk and mix it up. :thumbsu:

As far as the board goes, term limits have got to go, if you do a good job you stay, if you do a bad job you go.

Sayers is coming into his final year so no doubt our first draft pick will be as good as traded, and with Voss under pressure he will be more than happy to throw it away. Same thing happened with LoGiudice and the same thing will happen with whoever follows after that.

Having term limits has created a far bigger problem than the problem it was trying to fix.

Got no idea what you guys are talking about but I like to buy 2 litres of Oak chocolate. I find the taste a bit strong for my liking so I pour into a glass 3/4 oak, 1/4 plain milk and mix it up. :thumbsu:

As far as the board goes, term limits have got to go, if you do a good job you stay, if you do a bad job you go.

Sayers is coming into his final year so no doubt our first draft pick will be as good as traded, and with Voss under pressure he will be more than happy to throw it away. Same thing happened with LoGiudice and the same thing will happen with whoever follows after that.

Having term limits has created a far bigger problem than the problem it was trying to fix.
Yeah, let’s create a dictatorship. Worked well for us in the past …

This:

1688718870337.jpeg

1970s pre-Big-M era flavoured milk, with the one and only Alex Jesaulenko as the marketing face. Drank gallons of it.

Luke Sayers absolutely copping it in the AFR today, he is currently bringing the club into disrepute and should stand down and let Fitzpatrick take over.

My favorite quote in the article..

Sayers needs some advice, to be sure. Someone needs to tell him that having his lips suctioned to the arses of the Melbourne establishment does not make him a member of the Melbourne establishment. He is just another tedious chancer, a rat with a gold tooth. A rabid networker, it’s oft observed, and what sort of human quality is that?

Luke Sayers absolutely copping it in the AFR today, he is currently bringing the club into disrepute and should stand down and let Fitzpatrick take over.

My favorite quote in the article..

Sayers needs some advice, to be sure. Someone needs to tell him that having his lips suctioned to the arses of the Melbourne establishment does not make him a member of the Melbourne establishment. He is just another tedious chancer, a rat with a gold tooth. A rabid networker, it’s oft observed, and what sort of human quality is that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like the Melbourne establishment is full of good human qualities.What w***ery. Hold Sayers accountable for whatever he did/did not do by community standards. **** the establishment BS.

No term limits is dark ages stuff in terms of governance. They are crucial.

If what I just hear on SEN this morning is true and both Sayers and Cook will walk out of the respective positions at the end of their contracts...

I'm just curious to know if members are aware of a succession plan put in place. Perhaps it is already known, but I just want a clear and direct answer for myself out of curiosity.

Last edited:
If what I just hear on SEN thus morning is true and both Sayers and Cook will walk out of the respective positions at the end of their contracts...

I'm just curious to know if members are aware of a succession plan put in place. Perhaps it is already known, but I just want a clear and direct answer for myself out of curiosity.
Who was this from?

Sayers time is up for the length of term, that is well known.

Cook was hoping for an extension last time I heard (contracted until next year too). Succession not in the immediacy on previous comments.

If what I just hear on SEN thus morning is true and both Sayers and Cook will walk out of the respective positions at the end of their contracts...

I think Cook is too professional an operator to not have this in mind. He'd just be working on this quietly, keeping in mind the distinction/necessary separation between the governance and operational side. Right now it's 2023, and I don't think we'd be hearing things about CEO until 2024.

As for Luke Sayer's position, that's another issue entirely.

Who was this from?

Sayers time is up for the length of term, that is well known.

Cook was hoping for an extension last time I heard (contracted until next year too). Succession not in the immediacy on previous comments.

Not any official wording. But it was I think Tom Morris or whoever it is Kane and Buckley bring into the studio to provide news updates.

He basically labelled Voss' position as a "delicate" matter and pointed out how all of his, Sayers and Cook's contracts end at the same time.

Sayers doesn't surprise me as I have regularly been hearing he will only see through the one term. And I think the form we are in now should it continue into 2024 should see Voss with another deal.

But Cook surprised me a little. He seemed so adamant that he too will leave. Only reason I believe this would be is due to the change of President. But unless Cook himself wants out, I don't understand why any succeeding president or board member would be willing to part ways with a figure coming from arguably the most successful culture in modern footy.

I think Cook is too professional an operator to not have this in mind. He'd just be working on this quietly, keeping in mind the distinction/necessary separation between the governance and operational side. Right now it's 2023, and I don't think we'd be hearing things about CEO until 2024.

As for Luke Sayer's position, that's another issue entirely.

Board/chair succession planning was poor during MLG's tenure. Hopefully, it improves.

Has a replacement for Mathieson been announced?

No term limits is dark ages stuff in terms of governance. They are crucial.
what you say holds true only in a tiny insignificant market called Australian listed equities - one of my key listed and private equity filters is a preference for investing in companies whose management and Board have skin on the table and at risk - only a casual look at the broad levels of sycophantic incompetency in Australian Companies would even support the notion of 'governance' as expressed in the simplicity of 'term limits'.

Board/chair succession planning was poor during MLG's tenure. Hopefully, it improves.

Has a replacement for Mathieson been announced?
I am guessing Mathieson replacement will be made at next AGM when there can be a more wholistic look at other changes. I don't think we're missing anything, and indeed, we've probably gained something by this particular vacancy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff The President & the Board - Sayers to continue as Pres until end of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back