Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry this really is dying, man made is very real but have a look at the percentages then tell me how plausible or controllable that is. Ice core samples are very real, it’s a snap shot of what was at various stages in our history. You can argue about the various ice ages and warn periods all you want but change is the one thing we can rely on. Why is it all of a sudden a must stop, how much is truly human driven, are we really responsible for reaching a tipping point. If that’s true why are we so blaze about China, India etc ?.

We live in a world were qualified men and women appear before congress and can’t with a straight face define what a woman is and that’s just one example. Trust nothing you read at face value, do your own research as often and possible where possible, I’d rather be dubious than duped. Have a look the world today and what’s going on then tell me it makes sense and you can trust those in charge. Does that make me a conspiracy theorist, hardly imo just someone who likes an open discussion and truly peer reviewed facts.

Science i might add doesn’t apologise it’s a series of hypothesises and when they’re proven wrong science moves on to the next phase, I’ve lived through the threat of an impending ice age, yep that’s no joke.

You can't do your own research, unless you managed to study full time for several years on the topic at hand.
Otherwise you need to take the word of people who have.

Climate change is real, but it's change, its not necessarily global disaster, its very likely to be localized disaster.
The actions taken to avert it are not necessarily the most effective.
I also believe that based on the CO2 output of Australia vs the main emitters, what we do here makes very little difference. No matter how we'd like it to.

You can't do your own research, unless you managed to study full time for several years on the topic at hand.
Otherwise you need to take the word of people who have.

Climate change is real, but it's change, its not necessarily global disaster, its very likely to be localized disaster.
The actions taken to avert it are not necessarily the most effective.
I also believe that based on the CO2 output of Australia vs the main emitters, what we do here makes very little difference. No matter how we'd like it to.

I agree but rich countries should fork out the money to run best practice. Put a tax on heavily polluting vehicles at rego time. Tax plastics to make them less appealing as a cheap option. Heaps of simple ways to incentivise cleaner choices. Make cheap disposable fashion more expensive by putting a landfill tax at the point of sale even.

Great fight between Katona and Gibson, jesus.

The other TUF final is on next, and then looking forward to Ian Garry and then the main event.

I agree but rich countries should fork out the money to run best practice. Put a tax on heavily polluting vehicles at rego time. Tax plastics to make them less appealing as a cheap option. Heaps of simple ways to incentivise cleaner choices. Make cheap disposable fashion more expensive by putting a landfill tax at the point of sale even.
I have been working in Byron for a construction company so the enviro thing is always interesting as construction works by bull dozing stuff to build on. The surprise for me is that there are tiny things that can be done in construction and general life that make some difference, no matter how small.I had never previously had this train of thought.

When you look at the top 8% of society world wide have a roof over their head, running water and food readily available and the rest of the world is battling to survive. It shows what an uphill battle we are facing with the over population of 92% poorer countries or populations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've put me to shame should have started mine earlier especially considering how warm August has been.

rouge de marmande were my favourites last season, excellent flavour and very productive

View attachment 1780468
Agree. I planted them for the 1st time last year. They are very good.
I like cherry tomatoes.
Lemon drop is one of my favourites. Barry's crazy Cherry is a great one too!

Had an Italian bloke in the neighbourhood eat as many heirloom tomatoes back in Italy right before his flight home, waited until he arrived home and shat in the garden to grow the best tomatoes you’ve ever had.

The sacrifice of one for the benefit of many 🥲
He could have just taken the seeds out...

Can't believe WC s**t the bed on the Harley Reid cup. What a monumental eff up.
Strong rumors Harley told them not to draft him so theyve probably done themselves out of the awkward trying to trade out the number 1 pick when most teams have **** all currency to make that anything but a highway robbery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back