Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be behind a bit here - is that a euphemism?
No Way Bird GIF

Just had 6ml of hyaluronic acid injected into my knee joint.
Talk about a new experience in pain, not the hyaluronic acid, but the local into the joint to allow the procedure to be done.

Holy hell, thank God for modern medicine, didn't feel a thing with the hyaluronic acid.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just had 6ml of hyaluronic acid injected into my knee joint.
Talk about a new experience in pain, not the hyaluronic acid, but the local into the joint to allow the procedure to be done.

Holy hell, thank God for modern medicine, didn't feel a thing with the hyaluronic acid.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haven't had that, but last time my left one got checked I had to apologise to the doc as my reflex straight booted them with steel caps on. People without bung knees have NFI the amount of pain that a weight shift can produce let alone someone fiddling around in there, and I like to think I have high tolerance considering I had dentist drill to tooth without numbing and broke the arm of his chair due to grip. Well, at least the cushion/leather on it.

Haven't had that, but last time my left one got checked I had to apologise to the doc as my reflex straight booted them with steel caps on. People without bung knees have NFI the amount of pain that a weight shift can produce let alone someone fiddling around in there, and I like to think I have high tolerance considering I had dentist drill to tooth without numbing and broke the arm of his chair due to grip. Well, at least the cushion/leather on it.
You broke a cushion......

Impressive.....

:cool:

Been lifting long bro??

:grinv1:

Downloaded iView to watch tonight’s
4 Corners Sun Ra
Interested to hear your thoughts?
I think it was OK. It was telling the difficulty she had talking to the AFL and the individual clubs on the subject.
Robert Murphy's contribution was enlightened, I thought. Also this: from an article by Milligan on the ABC News
website today .......

One manager tells me he hasn't had a single male player tell him that he is gay or bisexual in 20 years — and, he adds, he's had 600 or 700 through the door.

"Not one?" I ask, incredulous. Not one.
He adds what I've heard on many prior occasions, that the percentage of gay men in the AFL is lower than in the general population. That's true, the research shows, because gay kids self-select out of the game when they hit puberty.

"So, I think it's not the usual 10 per cent," the player manager says, referring to general population statistics, "it's more like the nought to five".

I agree and say nought to 5 per cent sounds right.

"No, I mean nought to five," he says.

"What, nought to five players, full stop?"

"Yep."

"Out of 850-odd?" I say, almost spitting out my cup of tea.

"Yep. No more than five. Probably more like three. Possibly more like two. Maybe even one."

"You're telling me that you think there might be only one gay AFL player in the league right now?"

"Yep. Don't get me wrong, Louise, I'd love one of my guys to come out.
They'd make a fortune."
(implying the player manager would also look forward to their cut of the promotional spoils)

and also this ...........

The teenage boys about to come through now into the AFL system belong to a vastly different generation — one in which identifying as LGBTIQA+ is a far less vexed proposition.

Sooner or later, a young player will start playing footy already out as gay on his social media.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just spent 4fig to upgrade headphones and modem, feel that instaregret of disposable income and can you budget for a burger and fancy night out for month...

Better be worth it, only did the headset since I picked mine up this moring and heard a crack.

I think it was OK. It was telling the difficulty she had talking to the AFL and the individual clubs on the subject.
Robert Murphy's contribution was enlightened, I thought. Also this: from an article by Milligan on the ABC News
website today .......

One manager tells me he hasn't had a single male player tell him that he is gay or bisexual in 20 years — and, he adds, he's had 600 or 700 through the door.

"Not one?" I ask, incredulous. Not one.
He adds what I've heard on many prior occasions, that the percentage of gay men in the AFL is lower than in the general population. That's true, the research shows, because gay kids self-select out of the game when they hit puberty.

"So, I think it's not the usual 10 per cent," the player manager says, referring to general population statistics, "it's more like the nought to five".

I agree and say nought to 5 per cent sounds right.

"No, I mean nought to five," he says.

"What, nought to five players, full stop?"

"Yep."

"Out of 850-odd?" I say, almost spitting out my cup of tea.

"Yep. No more than five. Probably more like three. Possibly more like two. Maybe even one."

"You're telling me that you think there might be only one gay AFL player in the league right now?"

"Yep. Don't get me wrong, Louise, I'd love one of my guys to come out.
They'd make a fortune."
(implying the player manager would also look forward to their cut of the promotional spoils)

and also this ...........

The teenage boys about to come through now into the AFL system belong to a vastly different generation — one in which identifying as LGBTIQA+ is a far less vexed proposition.

Sooner or later, a young player will start playing footy already out as gay on his social media.

The activity involved does make a difference.

Used to know a Ballet teacher who had trained with some pretty high up companies in Melbourne.
Someone asked her if "most" of the guys were gay. "No" she replied, "all of them are gay".

I guess no-one is shocked at the lack of hetrosexual presence in Ballet Dancing.

Just spent 4fig to upgrade headphones and modem, feel that instaregret of disposable income and can you budget for a burger and fancy night out for month...

Better be worth it, only did the headset since I picked mine up this moring and heard a crack.
Gone insane.gif

Used to know a Ballet teacher who had trained with some pretty high up companies in Melbourne.
Someone asked her if "most" of the guys were gay. "No" she replied, "all of them are gay".

I guess no-one is shocked at the lack of hetrosexual presence in Ballet Dancing.
Funny that.
Had to laugh when the presenter on 4 Corners continued to reference “hyper masculinity”, as though it is a negative, on the programme.
It’s almost as if that’s what it takes to make it at the highest level athletically…

Same person gave me one of the best visual laughs ever. She was married to a mate of mine, and we went to her school's concert to move some crap around for her, walk in the door and she's there all skinny and dainty wearing a leotard and tutu, surrounded by kids dressed the same, and she's got her head back finishing a can of VB.

One of the main dudes in the ABC is married to a female principal in the same company (yes i know him personally and hes made the point that being a dancer is unreal for a straight dude).

No doubt its a higher percentage because its a welcoming environment for homosexuals but its not 100%. In reality nowhere would be.

One of the main dudes in the ABC is married to a female principal in the same company (yes i know him personally and hes made the point that being a dancer is unreal for a straight dude).

No doubt its a higher percentage because its a welcoming environment for homosexuals but its not 100%. In reality nowhere would be.
My friend may not have met them all. Was just a subjective opinion.
The point remains that you can't take a statistical approach that something is wrong because the percentage doesn't match the overall cross section of the population.

Also... why do they make it almost obligatory that someone who is gay has to "out" themselves. Seriously its none of anyone's business who they are attracted to.
I thought it was disgraceful the way Ian Thorpe was pressured at the time.
Let people out themselves if they want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back