Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You haven't been to a camping store lately. It's a way for rich people to experience the extreme discomfort of sleeping in a car while getting bit by a range of horrific parasites and venomous creatures. I have to drink so much that I can't feel the imitation mattress.
I don’t see the appeal. Much prefer to stay somewhere luxurious with a pool, bar & buffet

I don’t see the appeal. Much prefer to stay somewhere luxurious with a pool, bar & buffet

I bought one of those glamping bell tents and all the shit so the wife would come camping, my mates laugh but if you are going to stay in a shit humid tiny room it's the best.

I bought one of those glamping bell tents and all the sh*t so the wife would come camping, my mates laugh but if you are going to stay in a sh*t humid tiny room it's the best.
don't worry about the tent, why do you want the wife to come

That's a good question actually, when she doesn't come it's heaps more comfy too. I think it was so she'd wash all the shit when we got back, or something to distract the dingoes while I ran away?

So I take it you're more a fan of "glamping" ?

tent-sunset-1.jpg
Stayed in one of those on the east coast of Tas for work a couple of months ago, you pay the same as a fancy hotel with bugs walking over you all night

So he can drink all her pink gin fizzers and luxurious Japanese cocktails, of course. Then blame his choice of beveridge on "not letting them go to waste" apparently.

Stayed in one of those on the east coast of Tas for work a couple of months ago, you pay the same as a fancy hotel with bugs walking over you all night

The best ones have mosquito mesh and naked servants with swatters.

Ewww you need to pitch it yourself.

I leave it set up because it's a campaigner to pull down and put up. It's getting a bit stained and shit looking already and it's not even winter yet.

where I stayed ....mate has a shack across the bay where I'd rather stay

where I stayed ....mate has a shack across the bay where I'd rather stay

Actually looks pretty good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My eldest daughter who is the least likely person to go camping went glamping and that’s nether happening again. My youngest daughter went up to the murray at Christmas with her fiancés family. They actually had a pretty good set up a couple of boats everything that opens and shuts etc. She cried everyday, needless to say she won’t be camping again.

If it’s not equal to or better than home then it’s an adventure not a holiday.

My eldest daughter who is the least likely person to go camping went glamping and that’s nether happening again. My youngest daughter went up to the murray at Christmas with her fiancés family. They actually had a pretty good set up a couple of boats everything that opens and shuts etc. She cried everyday, needless to say she won’t be camping again.

She did however become the yabby queen, caught loads back at one of the dams on their property. Now here is the funny bit she released the yabbies who were to be bait into the river then sat back and watched the old man and sons argue over who’d used them all or lost them.

Last time I took my son down to the property the dog rolled in mud and jumped on him in his in appropriate brand clothes. He slept in the back of the Subaru and hardly got out for 3 days. My daughter is tougher than him.

Last time I took my son down to the property the dog rolled in mud and jumped on him in his in appropriate brand clothes. He slept in the back of the Subaru and hardly got out for 3 days. My daughter is tougher than him.
My youngest went to Sorrento with his mates family, nice place very expensive, great location. We picked him up early, sharing a room was just too much for him. Things I thought were great they have no interest in at all, it can be a bit deflating to hear places you loved trashed but each to their own I guess.

finally going to upgrade my television today. I bought it 15 years ago and at the time it was cutting edge.
It doesn’t even do 720p resolution lol.

Looking at an LG C1 Oled. Want the 65 inch but I’ll settle for the 55 inch, I don’t think the 65 inch will fit in the vehicle.

I know I could get it delivered but I’m impatient and want to watch the footy on it tonight.

finally going to upgrade my television today. I bought it 15 years ago and at the time it was cutting edge.
It doesn’t even do 720p resolution lol.

Looking at an LG C1 Oled. Want the 65 inch but I’ll settle for the 55 inch, I don’t think the 65 inch will fit in the vehicle.

I know I could get it delivered but I’m impatient and want to watch the footy on it tonight.

Got my antenna replaced yesterday, I hadn't realised that it was getting bad slowly, I have much better resolution all of a sudden. I was up for a new TV otherwise.

If your living area is big enough - go the 65" if you can. You won't regret it. It will look huge to start with but you'll get used to it.

If your living area is big enough - go the 65" if you can. You won't regret it. It will look huge to start with but you'll get used to it.
I went with the 55" because I confirmed that the 65" wouldn't have fit in the ute. I'm glad I went with the 55" too, the 65" would have been way too big where I have my TV set up.

Looks great, can't wait to break it in properly later watching the Saints smash the Pies.

4k HDR content looks incredible on the TV.

The only down side is the screen is so thin there's no way I can rest a beer on top unlike the old TV I was using. That was a thicc unit.

I went with the 55" because I confirmed that the 65" wouldn't have fit in the ute. I'm glad I went with the 55" too, the 65" would have been way too big where I have my TV set up.

Looks great, can't wait to break it in properly later watching the Saints smash the Pies.

4k HDR content looks incredible on the TV.

The only down side is the screen is so thin there's no way I can rest a beer on top unlike the old TV I was using. That was a thicc unit.

When i got mine 3D was going to be the next big thing. It came with 3D ( i wouldn't have paid extra for it ).
I think we bought a 3d movie , some Narnia thing, and i saw one AFL game in 3D before they chose to never do it again.

When i got mine 3D was going to be the next big thing. It came with 3D ( i wouldn't have paid extra for it ).
I think we bought a 3d movie , some Narnia thing, and i saw one AFL game in 3D before they chose to never do it again.
I never understood the 3D craze. A cinema near me spent $60k on the latest and greatest before the Avatar movie came out, and I saw 5 or 6 3D movies in that time. I don't know if my eyes are too close together or what, but I was never wowed by any 3D moment in any movie I saw.

Actually, that's a lie. The only thing that ever really "popped" off the screen was in Avatar, when they were looking at a digital photograph in the movie there was a time and date on the photo. For some weird reason, the time and date was in incredible 3D while the rest of the photo was as 2D as the rest of the movie for me.
I saw Toy Story 3 in 3D, and you'd think an animation movie like that would seriously pop, but for me it barely did anything.

It was cool to wear those 3D glasses out of the cinema though, I remember the ATM machines (automatic teller machine machines) looked seriously weird with the polarised glasses on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back