Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a cousin that met her husband on one of the matching apps. They couldn't be a better match.
If I was a young bloke and had got sick of Tinder, I would have no qualms finding a true match on a dating site. Been to a couple of weddings of people who met that way
No worse than random pick ups at bars or meeting on holidays or at work like it used to happen when I was young a million years ago.

Hi all, not sure what thread to put this in so apologies.

Intend to come over to Melbourne for the Saints / Richmond game in a couple of weeks and go the game with my daughter (who has just moved to the city with the upside-down river) and my young fella. I'm an interstate member but want to know the best way to get tickets for the three of us.

S'pose the best way would be to contact the club and or ticketek?

cheers

Hi all, not sure what thread to put this in so apologies.

Intend to come over to Melbourne for the Saints / Richmond game in a couple of weeks and go the game with my daughter (who has just moved to the city with the upside-down river) and my young fella. I'm an interstate member but want to know the best way to get tickets for the three of us.

S'pose the best way would be to contact the club and or ticketek?

cheers

Yeah, I'd call the club first because Ticketek are ****ed.

what's he done now
F###ing animal

Troubled ex-AFL star Andrew Lovett will spend eight months behind bars for his terrifying 22-month domestic violence campaign against his former police officer girlfriend.
The former Essendon footballer will also be under supervision on a community correction order for 12 months on his release to ensure his increasingly violent behaviour towards women ceases.

Sentencing him at Dandenong Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, Magistrate Jason Ong blasted Lovett for the pain and suffering he caused Melanie Rowe in what was described as a “toxic relationship”.

“This family violence cannot be tolerated in our society,” Mr Ong said.

“The physical violence before me, committed by you, is of great concern.

“This was terrifying, ongoing, aggressive physical violence. It was controlling and manipulative behaviour.

“This was serious and sustained family violence. It’s concerning that it was escalating over a period of time.”

Melanie Rowe says her ‘nightmare’ relationship with Andrew Lovett will haunt her forever.

Melanie Rowe says her ‘nightmare’ relationship with Andrew Lovett will haunt her forever.
The Herald Sun revealed in December how Lovett had been arrested and charged with more than 88 offences, which included shocking assaults on Ms Rowe where he had choked, punched, kicked, spat on and even poured a beer between February 2020 and his arrest on December 9.

Last week, Ms Rowe, 36, speaking out for the first time, told of her “nightmare” relationship with Lovett and how “the rage in his eyes will haunt me forever”.

FROM OUR PARTNERS
offnet.svg

From politics to pop culture Be on it first with daily email updates

Ms Rowe was working in a police unit designed to protect sexual assault victims when she met the 2005 Anzac Day medallist through the dating app Tinder in 2019.

She described feeling “butterflies” in her stomach and felt their relationship was “the kind of love that’s in romance novels or movies”.

But Ms Rowe said it quickly turned into “toxicity and coercive control” and she realised she was “nothing more than a source of supply, providing him money, food, clothing and shelter”.

“I was stuck in the cycle and couldn’t get out,” Ms Rowe said.

“I was living a nightmare.

“He was my prince charming who I ended up needing rescuing from.”

Ms Rowe recalled two times when she had been knocked out, waking up to blood pouring down her face.

Andrew Lovett turned to alcohol and cocaine to combat boredom during Covid lockdowns.

Andrew Lovett turned to alcohol and cocaine to combat boredom during Covid lockdowns.
Another time he grabbed her hair and slammed her head into the steering wheel while she was driving.

Ms Rowe said at times she needed medical attention, but knew it would raise questions so went without.

The court heard most of the assaults on Ms Rowe were alcohol-fuelled and that during Covid, Lovett had increased his alcohol and cocaine use out of boredom during Melbourne’s lockdowns.

As part of his 12-month CCO on his release from prison, he will have to undergo mental health and drug and alcohol abuse treatment.

The court heard he also had a history of violence against women and would also need to do programs to address this behaviour.

Lovett, who played 88 games for Essendon from 2005-09, pleaded guilty to 24 offences including recklessly and intentionally causing injury, and eight counts of assault.

His lawyer David Grace apologised on his behalf and said he was remorseful for his actions.

Mr Grace said the relationship was plagued with jealousy from both sides.

“There’s no excuse for it, but there is a reason for it,” he said.

“What you have is a man who has some mental health problems. He has a personality disorder. He has anger management issues.

“He has substance abuse issues, mostly alcohol, but some illicit substances.”

But he said Lovett was determined to turn his life around, and had no intention or desire to contact Ms Rowe again.

More Coverage​

Woman’s alleged terror at hands of ex-AFL starLovett’s ex says his rage ‘will haunt me forever’
“He is off alcohol. He is off drugs. There is no desire to go back into that lifestyle,” Mr Grace said.

“He wants to go on with his life. He wants her to go on with her life.”

True Crime Australia Newsletter​

F###ing animal

Troubled ex-AFL star Andrew Lovett will spend eight months behind bars for his terrifying 22-month domestic violence campaign against his former police officer girlfriend.
The former Essendon footballer will also be under supervision on a community correction order for 12 months on his release to ensure his increasingly violent behaviour towards women ceases.

Sentencing him at Dandenong Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, Magistrate Jason Ong blasted Lovett for the pain and suffering he caused Melanie Rowe in what was described as a “toxic relationship”.

“This was terrifying, ongoing, aggressive physical violence. It was controlling and manipulative behaviour.

“This was serious and sustained family violence. It’s concerning that it was escalating over a period of time.”

The Herald Sun revealed in December how Lovett had been arrested and charged with more than 88 offences, which included shocking assaults on Ms Rowe where he had choked, punched, kicked, spat on and even poured a beer between February 2020 and his arrest on December 9.

Last week, Ms Rowe, 36, speaking out for the first time, told of her “nightmare” relationship with Lovett and how “the rage in his eyes will haunt me forever”.

FROM OUR PARTNERS
offnet.svg

Ms Rowe was working in a police unit designed to protect sexual assault victims when she met the 2005 Anzac Day medallist through the dating app Tinder in 2019.

She described feeling “butterflies” in her stomach and felt their relationship was “the kind of love that’s in romance novels or movies”.

But Ms Rowe said it quickly turned into “toxicity and coercive control” and she realised she was “nothing more than a source of supply, providing him money, food, clothing and shelter”.

Ms Rowe recalled two times when she had been knocked out, waking up to blood pouring down her face.

Another time he grabbed her hair and slammed her head into the steering wheel while she was driving.

Ms Rowe said at times she needed medical attention, but knew it would raise questions so went without.

The court heard most of the assaults on Ms Rowe were alcohol-fuelled and that during Covid, Lovett had increased his alcohol and cocaine use out of boredom during Melbourne’s lockdowns.

As part of his 12-month CCO on his release from prison, he will have to undergo mental health and drug and alcohol abuse treatment.

The court heard he also had a history of violence against women and would also need to do programs to address this behaviour.

Lovett, who played 88 games for Essendon from 2005-09, pleaded guilty to 24 offences including recklessly and intentionally causing injury, and eight counts of assault.

His lawyer David Grace apologised on his behalf and said he was remorseful for his actions.

“What you have is a man who has some mental health problems. He has a personality disorder. He has anger management issues.

But he said Lovett was determined to turn his life around, and had no intention or desire to contact Ms Rowe again.

More Coverage​

Woman’s alleged terror at hands of ex-AFL starLovett’s ex says his rage ‘will haunt me forever’
“He is off alcohol. He is off drugs. There is no desire to go back into that lifestyle,” Mr Grace said.

jesus christ that is sickening.

F###ing animal

FROM OUR PARTNERS
offnet.svg

More Coverage​

Is it just me , or is a highly qualified lawyer apologising "on your behalf" and stating that you are "remorseful " not worth a pinch of shit.
Just saying things that he hopes will hold sway in sentencing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Politicians keep crapping on about protecting woman and do fu** all about it
8 months Judge should be sacked if judges can't meet or understand community expectations replace them

A mate who's a lawyer said on whatsapp today that it's not the judge's fault in this case, it's the law which only allows a certain maximum sentence for the crime he was charged with, no idea personally though.

A mate who's a lawyer said on whatsapp today that it's not the judge's fault in this case, it's the law which only allows a certain maximum sentence for the crime he was charged with, no idea personally though.
Law needs to be changed then

F###ing animal

FROM OUR PARTNERS
offnet.svg

More Coverage​

Absolutely disgraceful

what's he done now

Should actually never be a question, it's Lovett. He drinks piss, he sees a woman, he wants to beat it.

The fact that AFL fraternity let him run around for as long as they did, to me anyway, is along with what happened with the Eagles drug culture, an indictment on why they are just that inept at supposedly giving one iota of damn about anyone in their org.

Good ol Andy much like Cousins, just needed to do one thing and ease off the additive substance step by step, instead, one screwed himself over and the other sees the opposite gender as a punching bag to feel empowered about himself.

Utter dog, should get the old yeller treatment on historics.

World revolves around money I guess.

Obviously not a light crime but if you commit any sort of financial fraud you'll be locked up for a long time which is completely fair.

But if you king hit, rape, assault, etc you get a much lighter term.

Something has to give, although we would need to double our prisons nationwide to accommodate all the type of filth in the world.

Spent 40 minutes on hold to the club today trying to sort tickets for the Richmond game, gave up but will have another crack tomorrow and or try elsewhere.

tad frustrating

You might be best to wait until Monday or even Saturday if they staff it. They'll be getting lots of traffic for tomorrow night. Is it just 2 of you? If you get stuck with out a ticket you can have ours. It would be a shame to miss out after coming over.

World revolves around money I guess.

Obviously not a light crime but if you commit any sort of financial fraud you'll be locked up for a long time which is completely fair.

But if you king hit, rape, assault, etc you get a much lighter term.

Something has to give, although we would need to double our prisons nationwide to accommodate all the type of filth in the world.
Yes well you can invade another country raze it to the ground and effectively just get fined.....its a strange world! Having said that ....I don't trust either sides. .................................Rape? King hit? Can't go hard enough imo!

Camping is a way for people below the poverty line to holiday

You haven't been to a camping store lately. It's a way for rich people to experience the extreme discomfort of sleeping in a car while getting bit by a range of horrific parasites and venomous creatures. I have to drink so much that I can't feel the imitation mattress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back