Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Why not - otherwise I'll have to work!!
Oh alright then :)

thumbnail_IMG_7899.jpg

Back row. Analog man Astrotone fuzz (saw one on Gary Clark Jnr's board years ago. I use it more as an overdrive). Electro Harmonic Pitch Fork (octave up and down pedal). SkreddyPedals Lunar module mini deluxe (supposed to be fuzzy but more overdrive). Digitech Bad Monkey. Boss Looper. Wampler Plexi Drive Deluxe. Tuner. Keeley Super Phat Mod overdrive (pretty dope). Jam Pedals Wahcko (easily the best wah I've ever used)
Front row. Archer Ikon (yep... klon). Elerctro Harmonic Big Muff Opamp Fuzz. Fulltone Octafuzz. Warm audio Foxy Tone Box Fuzz. Keeley Fuzz Bender (yes.... I like fuzz pedals). Thorpy FX The Dane Boost and overdrive (the boost is unbelievably sweet sounding)

thumbnail_IMG_7900.jpg

Dunlop jimi Hendrix wah. Dunlop Cry baby Wah. Electro harmonic **** fight wah and fuzz. On top of the wahs in the Pedal Pawn Gypsy Vibe (awesome chewy uni vibe) Then at the back... Electro Harmonic Tube Zipper (insane tube driven filter and drive pedal). M&M sixties vibe. Catalinbread V8 fuzz engine. Behringer Octave. Behringer Tremolo
Front. ZVex Fuzz factory. Strymon Flint Reverb and tremolo. Ibanez analog delay. Ibanez DE7 digital delay. Marshall reflector reverb (has a cool backwards reverb setting)

Do we have pick 1 yet?

Oh alright then :)

View attachment 2142214

Back row. Analog man Astrotone fuzz (saw one on Gary Clark Jnr's board years ago. I use it more as an overdrive). Electro Harmonic Pitch Fork (octave up and down pedal). SkreddyPedals Lunar module mini deluxe (supposed to be fuzzy but more overdrive). Digitech Bad Monkey. Boss Looper. Wampler Plexi Drive Deluxe. Tuner. Keeley Super Phat Mod overdrive (pretty dope). Jam Pedals Wahcko (easily the best wah I've ever used)
Front row. Archer Ikon (yep... klon). Elerctro Harmonic Big Muff Opamp Fuzz. Fulltone Octafuzz. Warm audio Foxy Tone Box Fuzz. Keeley Fuzz Bender (yes.... I like fuzz pedals). Thorpy FX The Dane Boost and overdrive (the boost is unbelievably sweet sounding)

View attachment 2142224

Dunlop jimi Hendrix wah. Dunlop Cry baby Wah. Electro harmonic **** fight wah and fuzz. On top of the wahs in the Pedal Pawn Gypsy Vibe (awesome chewy uni vibe) Then at the back... Electro Harmonic Tube Zipper (insane tube driven filter and drive pedal). M&M sixties vibe. Catalinbread V8 fuzz engine. Behringer Octave. Behringer Tremolo
Front. ZVex Fuzz factory. Strymon Flint Reverb and tremolo. Ibanez analog delay. Ibanez DE7 digital delay. Marshall reflector reverb (has a cool backwards reverb setting)

Do we have pick 1 yet?

What sounds do you go for? Psychedelic sort of stuff?

Thanks for all that - and no we don't ave pick 1 yet.....

Some interesting stuff there! I've got one of the Archer Ikon pedals and rate it. Got the Keeley modded TS9 that I love (really rate Keeley stuff), and an old MXR phase 90, and old obscure blend pot pedal thing that I run the MXR through (like and external wet/dry mix) and a Dunlop rack wah. Got rid of everything else as it was just gathering dust and I run a TC Electronics G Major 2 multi-effects unit, so all my chorus/Reverbs/Delays are just handled by one unit. Although I do miss my Wampler Clarksdale overdrive, that was a nice pedal....

What's your thoughts on the Strymon Flint? Been running across Strymon a lot lately........

Thanks for all that - and no we don't ave pick 1 yet.....

Some interesting stuff there! I've got one of the Archer Ikon pedals and rate it. Got the Keeley modded TS9 that I love (really rate Keeley stuff), and an old MXR phase 90, and old obscure blend pot pedal thing that I run the MXR through (like and external wet/dry mix) and a Dunlop rack wah. Got rid of everything else as it was just gathering dust and I run a TC Electronics G Major 2 multi-effects unit, so all my chorus/Reverbs/Delays are just handled by one unit. Although I do miss my Wampler Clarksdale overdrive, that was a nice pedal....

What's your thoughts on the Strymon Flint? Been running across Strymon a lot lately........

I like the tremolo on the strymon a lot. It's a cool pedal for a swampy thing. That's how I use it anyway.

As my amps are away, and I'm not gigging, I'm using the tone master pro for my sounds, so the pedals are currently sitting there. I think I'm going to set up a pedalboard and use it with the tone master... see how it sounds. I'd really like to put the dane boost in front of the tone master's deluxe reverb to see how it sounds. That pedal is a sig pedal for danish Pete... the guy who does a lot of the andertons demo videos.

The pedals in the tone master are pretty good. I really love the green Russian big muff. Kinda blown away by how cool it sounds for a fuzz emulation.

Agree on Keeley.

I've got some more pedals packed away in boxes. I haven't given up hope of building a killer studio at some point so I'll keep them.

I have the cry-baby and a few boss and ibanez effects, some of the simpler things like equalisers and compressors are underrated.
I have one of those those cheap multi-effects units and i can mess around for hours just making different noises out of it.
There's a few things that people under-rate - like compressors, proper practise (instead of just noodling), practising your wah use, etc.....

EQ's make a huge difference! One of my observations since switching to a reasonably good modeller is that I end up putting a parametric EQ into just about every amp model signal chain, just to dial it into my specific setup (a simple little Mooer 20W tube power amp into an Egnater Quad loaded with Eminence speakers).

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back