The real reason Fev is gone - fight with Marc Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merv_Hughes

Rookie
Nov 19, 2008
Victoria
Just thought I'd let you guys know the real reason Fev is up for trade.

It's not because he got drunk and acted like a tool. The club would not get rid of him if it were something as harmless as that.

The main reason he is gone is because he had a fight with Marc Murphy after the brownlow.

It is because of an altercation with a respected teammate that Fev is gone. The leadership group and the Carlton hierarchy unanimously agreed that having a drunken altercation with a teammate at the Brownlow is completely unacceptable, and that it is time for Fev to move on.

Just thought I'd let you guys know the real reason Fev is up for trade.

It's not because he got drunk and acted like a tool. The club would not get rid of him if it were something as harmless as that.

The main reason he is gone is because he had a fight with Marc Murphy after the brownlow.

It is because of an altercation with a respected teammate that Fev is gone. The leadership group and the Carlton hierarchy unanimously agreed that having a drunken altercation with a teammate at the Brownlow is completely unacceptable, and that it is time for Fev to move on.
Murph didnt have a black eye at the Best and Fairest.....
You were there and saw it????

I don't know whether this is true or not, I'd like to know your source. But there has been some rumours that he assaulted a high profile player. I didn't know it was Murph? Was Murph trying to reason with him at the time, to stop drinking or something? Shows leadership. If this is true, then he must be traded, he couldn't come back now, it's gone too far IMO.

Heard this rumour about 2 days ago.

Until I read/hear/see it from another source other than a BF/TC post...then that is what it is, a rumour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not here to say what's right or wrong. I'm just telling you what has happened.

You've also got to remember one was on field, the other was at an off-field, AFL function.

Yeah, one was on-field, with a sober player in complete control of his actions........The other was off-field, with a obviously very drunk player who was not in control of his actions.

Not saying that it justifies the action if this rumour turns out to be true.
Also, I love both Setanta and Fev :)

It is only a rumour but pretty dam plausible. Many of us have been wondering how come nobody stopped him and knew that at the very least his friends would have been trying to save him from himself.

If true it is still not necessarily essential that he be traded - Murph is a big boy who knows he was drunk BUT it does mean he would be on a last warning and .... a trade is a low risk solution ..... (I have explained it too many times I know) :footy:

Another stealthy incident skillfully reduced to rumour status by a public completely uninterested in using such events to make money.

Now this is truly the most pathetic thread I have ever read on any site...

I heard he back-doored Eddie McGuire while shoving a totem pole up James Bradshaw's ass... and singing 'I had the time of my life'.

I can't name my source but it's a good one...

If this rumour was true, there is no way it wouldn't be plastered all over the media by now. There were plenty of people at that function, including the media. Sounds like one of those viral self-perpetuating rumours. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back