The real rising star has not even been nominated yet..

Remove this Banner Ad

little hawk gmf

Senior List
Apr 20, 2008
Hawkland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
-jordie-mckenzie

Averaging 17 touches a games and 8 tackles. Absolute animal and does so many 1 %'s. The Dees have unearthed a rookie draft gem. If he was top 10 in the ND not only would he have been nominated:thumbsu: for the Rising Star but would be outright favorite.

He has been very good and has struggled for regular time in the middle with Sylvia and Moloney being in good form. He should get a nomination this week or at least by the end of the year.

He has been very good and has struggled for regular time in the middle with Sylvia and Moloney being in good form. He should get a nomination this week or at least by the end of the year.

I am pretty sure Jarrad Grant will get the nomination this week. 20 possessions, 8 marks, 4 tackles and 3 goals. Has been pretty good all year.

Zaharakis, Hurley and Colyer say hi (for not being nominated, not for rising star this year).

Jordie is the type of player you need around class units (Scully, Trengove, Gysberts), but in no way is he the real rising star. Potentially, just potentially, he might not even have a spot in the Demons midfield when they are at full strenth in a few years time (Scully, Trengove, Blease, Strauss, Gysberts, Tapscott...).

grant certainly deserves his nomination, i spoke to a mate who works at the doggies at the end of last season and he told me grant wouldnt make it, so good on the bloke for working hard and utilising his strengths.

Agreed. He's been a consistent performer all year, and put up another top-notch effort yesterday.

It'd be a travesty if he didn't at least get a nomination before the end of the year...

Jordie is a freak. His clearance work is a joy to watch ad he is already one of the best tasklers in the comp.

He also has great skills.

Basically he will be a star, and wil become universally recpected for the way he plays the game.

At least 10 kids have had better years than him. Wouldn't be "outright favourite" if he was top 10 in the draft.

Scully
Trengove
Martin
Bastinac
Rockliff
Bastinac
Hannebury

etc

While I don't agree Jordie is the 'real rising star' he has been very good and consistant all year and would be in the top 10 performed rising stars this year. After stating he wouldn't you listed 7 players with Bastinac twice to make up numbers.

Zaharakis, Hurley and Colyer say hi (for not being nominated, not for rising star this year).

Jordie is the type of player you need around class units (Scully, Trengove, Gysberts), but in no way is he the real rising star. Potentially, just potentially, he might not even have a spot in the Demons midfield when they are at full strenth in a few years time (Scully, Trengove, Blease, Strauss, Gysberts, Tapscott...).

I agree with the premise of your post re McKenzie, although Hurley has been very average this year. Another player that was overhyped in 09. His best position is defence imo. He looked a gun FB for Vic Metro.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After stating he wouldn't you listed 7 players with Bastinac twice to make up numbers.

Haha... yeah, and listing Bastinac once was silly enough. Jordie has a significantly better record than him over the course of this season.

But being a Richmond fan, I'm surprised Barnzy didn't put Martin in a few more times to try to boost the numbers a little higher there... :p

Cannot hit the side of a barn.

Mate, first off, I'm sorry to remind you that you're an Eagles supporter. When it comes to credibility, Eagles fans running down other players about disposal efficiency is like Barry Hall trying to run an anger management class- both are enterprises utterly doomed to failure ;)

Secondly, he averages at least 70% or better efficiency as far as I'm aware, from games where I've seen that information up to this point, so you're just straight-out wrong.

And thirdly, he's one of the top 6 tacklers in the league! He leaves virtually every other potential Rising Star candidate for dead in that area of the game.

Jordie has been a revelation for the Dees, hard as a cats head, a tackling machine that deserves a nomination.
However, his disposal by foot needs a bit of work.
If he is nominated, he won't finish higher than Trengove, Scully, Martin, Rockliff, Hanneberry and possibly Bastinac.

Anyone who goes by the name "Jordie" would want to be a decent player.

It is vying with "Lachie" for the least masculine name in the AFL.

Didn't Johnny Cash write a song called "A Boy Named Jordie"???

Jordie has been a revelation for the Dees, hard as a cats head, a tackling machine that deserves a nomination.
However, his disposal by foot needs a bit of work.
If he is nominated, he won't finish higher than Trengove, Scully, Martin, Rockliff, Hanneberry and possibly Bastinac.

AFL's already announced that Martin won't be receiving any votes for the Rising Star.

Anyone who goes by the name "Jordie" would want to be a decent player.

It is vying with "Lachie" for the least masculine name in the AFL.

Didn't Johnny Cash write a song called "A Boy Named Jordie"???

Lachie, no doubt, with you there. Jordie? Suggest you travel up to around Newcastle and tell them "Jordie" isn't at all masculine.

Remove this Banner Ad

The real rising star has not even been nominated yet..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back