The real rising star has not even been nominated yet..

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone who goes by the name "Jordie" would want to be a decent player.

It is vying with "Lachie" for the least masculine name in the AFL.

Didn't Johnny Cash write a song called "A Boy Named Jordie"???
Come on, I was watching the footy yesterday and Sydney had a 6'6'' 105kg full forward named Jesse. Based on that Jordie has nothing to worry about. Considering he's one of our hardest players and one of the hardest 20 year olds in the comp then I wouldn't worry about his name. No one seems to criticise Hayes for being a Lenny anymore.

Come on, I was watching the footy yesterday and Sydney had a 6'6'' 105kg full forward named Jesse. Based on that Jordie has nothing to worry about. Considering he's one of our hardest players and one of the hardest 20 year olds in the comp then I wouldn't worry about his name. No one seems to criticise Hayes for being a Lenny anymore.

That is exactly my point.

If you have a feminine name, you need to be a good player. Or being huge helps too.

I agree with the premise of your post re McKenzie, although Hurley has been very average this year. Another player that was overhyped in 09. His best position is defence imo. He looked a gun FB for Vic Metro.

Absolute myth that Hurley has been "very average"

He's actually been quite good, especially in the past few weeks.

Cannot hit the side of a barn.

Haha have you even seen him play? He's a long raking accurate kick.

You're not thinking of Swift and his suspect footskills?
He's still living off Voss' appraisal of him in U/16s and we all know how good a judge Voss is when it comes to recruitment.

-jordie-mckenzie

Averaging 17 touches a games and 8 tackles. Absolute animal and does so many 1 %'s. The Dees have unearthed a rookie draft gem. If he was top 10 in the ND not only would he have been nominated:thumbsu: for the Rising Star but would be outright favorite.

Adelaide tried to pinch him last year and put him straigh on their first list but he knocked it back because melbourne has shown trust in him. When i found about that i was like ooooh maybe he could be awesome :D

Last few weeks i agree, but before that he was playing on the promise he has, certainly not the form.

I agree, especially early on in the year, you could see his mind wasn't on the game and his confidence was well down.

IMO Zaharakis really hasn't got enough kudos this year.

1st in rising stars for Goal Assists (13th in the AFL)
3rd in rising stars for Marks
3rd in rising stars for Goals
8th in rising stars for disposals
1st in rising stars for Goals Contributed

Remove this Banner Ad

The real rising star has not even been nominated yet..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back