The Realistic Truth on your Team Chances in 2010.

Remove this Banner Ad

really hope my dream team goes 1 step further than my gf loss to Mowgli,
but i think 2 other teams will get in the gf.
as for the AFL, i hope Freo stay relatively injury free and with that move up the ladder.
I believe this year will be very closely contested with most teams able on their day to beat any team having a down day.
That equals lots of upsets IMO (more so than usual)

I am really glad Fevola has gone and that we din't get Bradshaw. Who wants a forward that rouins your whole forward structure and only fires every second week. Any way whould you want an old broken down has-been that will be finished or as good as finished at the end of the season when you have a young list. Carlton got Kane Lucas and Lachie Henderson for Fev who himself only has a few years left in him. It no doubt will turn out to be a great move by Carlton in the long run, good to have a list that will all mature at the same time IMO.

Pretty spot on OP by the way.

Funny that most Carlton flogs, sorry fans, claim that Henderson+Lucas will be the best thing for CFC in the long run but fail to see that WCE getting Kennedy+Masten for Judd isn't best for WCE in the long run. :rolleyes:

I expected people would come on here to realistically rate their own team. Wow, was I wrong.

P.S. I expect Essendon might not improve on their leader position, but improve in general. This will be as a result of the stronger competition expected this year and the fact that our draw is harder this year than last.

Originally Posted by real hawk
SAINTS
DOGS
CATS
PIES
LIONS
CROWS

then 6 teams fighting for the last 2 spots in the 8, Hawks, Swans, Blues, Dons, WCE, and Power.

Bottom 4 - Demons, Tigers,Freo and Kangas.

Not sure about Lions at 6 and actually don't think Saints at 1. I have a feeling Adelaide may take minor premiership and WCE will be much stronger this year.

Carlton worst finish 10th?? i stopped reading after that bias BS.

North and Port > Carlton.

Richmond and melbourne only teams not to improve this year the rest is questionable no more so than the pathetic Blues who have bottomed out rose to 10th then bottomed out again then rose to 6th and will bottom out YET again!! The blues PATHETIC!:thumbsu:

Biased it might be but Carlton is a team with poor discipline and hence always in the media for the wrong reasons. Many of carlton's players will be distracted. Plus carlton always had a weak culture therefore it's not so unbelievable if it finishes below us and port even if carlton has better talents (even that is debatable)

Funny that most Carlton flogs, sorry fans, claim that Henderson+Lucas will be the best thing for CFC in the long run but fail to see that WCE getting Kennedy+Masten for Judd isn't best for WCE in the long run. :rolleyes:
I never said that getting Kennedy+Masten was a bad thing. It's similar to what Carlton have achieved, the only difference WCE were not offloading an old player who was on the wrong side of his career form and someone the club had not got the best out of. How ever both Carlton and WCE have done well out of the three trades. It's yet to be seen who has done the best, there is still a fair bit to prove. I just honestly think there will not be a lot more carlton could have got out of Fevola and we would have been left stranded when we hit our peak with a FF ready to retire and a forward structure not ready for the change. The timing has been very good for Carlton. But most of the near sighted "flogs" on here can't see it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never said that getting Kennedy+Masten was a bad thing. It's similar to what Carlton have achieved, the only difference WCE were not offloading an old player who was on the wrong side of his career form and someone the club had not got the best out of. How ever both Carlton and WCE have done well out of the three trades. It's yet to be seen who has done the best, there is still a fair bit to prove. I just honestly think there will not be a lot more carlton could have got out of Fevola and we would have been left stranded when we hit our peak with a FF ready to retire and a forward structure not ready for the change. The timing has been very good for Carlton. But most of the near sighted "flogs" on here can't see it.

Off topic but a couple of points:

1. I never said you in particular, just CFC flogs in general.

2. Judd wasn't exactly a spring chicken and in reality he has not been close to the player he was at WCE.

3. With Fev you might have been a serious chance in 2-3 years IF your players developed like you would have hoped.

Anyway to make this post a little more on topic..

Bulldogs to win the minor premiership from Saints but the Cats to still make the GF.

WCE to sneak into the 8.

Out of last year's bottom 4, North to be the big improvers.

OP needs to face facts that Carlton lost their top goalscorer and replaced him with nothing and that finding 100 odd goals a year from their current crop will be difficult for them in 2010. Pity the Bradshaw trade didn't go through for the blues as he would have looked good in their forward structure this year.

You need to also factor in that, with a boosted backline, they should also reduce the scores being kicked against them. It's not just about replacing a 80 -90 goal forward (Fev has never kicked 100) but also reducing opposition scores, realistically if they can have a handful of players kick an extra 40 - 50 goals between them, and the backiline can reduce scores against by about the same, they can very realistically improve without Fev there.

Off topic but a couple of points:

1. I never said you in particular, just CFC flogs in general.

2. Judd wasn't exactly a spring chicken and in reality he has not been close to the player he was at WCE.

3. With Fev you might have been a serious chance in 2-3 years IF your players developed like you would have hoped.

Anyway to make this post a little more on topic..

Bulldogs to win the minor premiership from Saints but the Cats to still make the GF.

WCE to sneak into the 8.

Out of last year's bottom 4, North to be the big improvers.

Your reality. Not the jouros, the coaches, the umpires, the AA Selectors and all of his peers. Certainly not as explosive, but is now the contested/clearance king. Fortunately the AA Selectors and his peers (2 x top 5 MVP's) do not share your views.

Your reality. Not the jouros, the coaches, the umpires, the AA Selectors and all of his peers. Certainly not as explosive, but is now the contested/clearance king. Fortunately the AA Selectors and his peers (2 x top 5 MVP's) do not share your views.

I wasn't aware that the journos, coaches, umpires, selectors and all his peers rated him a better player over the last 2 years compared to his career at WCE? :confused:

Pretty sure he won a couple of awards during his time at WCE >>>>> than anything he has at CFC.

I wonder how many more years Judd has at an elite level and if a Fevola-less CFC will be challenging for the flag during that time.

I wasn't aware that the journos, coaches, umpires, selectors and all his peers rated him a better player over the last 2 years compared to his career at WCE? :confused:

Pretty sure he won a couple of awards during his time at WCE >>>>> than anything he has at CFC.

I wonder how many more years Judd has at an elite level and if a Fevola-less CFC will be challenging for the flag during that time.

Perhaps his best years are in front of him. Thats what his body and times around the track are telling him. Maybe he knows his body better than you?

I just dont understand how a guy who has had 2 seasons where he has acheived what he has could be nowhere near what he acheived before. It is nonsense.

What first round draft pick will that get us in 2010?
The team that finishes ninth in 2010 will get pick 17, wow.

GC have picks 1,2,3,5,7,9,11,13 and 15, so you can work out the rest from that.:eek:

As for this thread topic, in my honest opinion, the pies will finish top 4 once again, mainly due to our coaches ability to get the most out of the playing group on gameday, but we will still need a lot to go right to be playing on Grand Final day.
Collingwood's problems this year, especially against the better sides will come in it's key forwards and key backs. It's not secret we can't stop or even restrict the likes of Riewoldt, Franklin or even Champan and Johnson at Geelong, so if we are to be a "real contender", players of the likes of Reid, Nathan Brown, Toovey and O'Brien will have to take the "next step".

My estimation of the rest of the league is that Geelong stand up top still, with StKilda slightly below, then the Dogs, Pies, Crows (if they have luck with injuries) and Hawks just behind. The Lions will not be a "real contender', but may still contest for a top 4 position, although they rely on too few to be a real threat.

Biggest improvers will be Fremantle and Syndey, rising from 12th and 14th to contest for places in the 8.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Realistic Truth on your Team Chances in 2010.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back