Vandenbergfan

Team Captain
Suspended
Jan 31, 2005
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Even though I'm a Hawthorn supporter I rarely read the supporter's Board, prefering the main Board and the Boards of other clubs.

This Board is too authoritarian, run by a moderator who boosts on HHQs of the number of people who are on his ignore list (which is pathetic), an attitude which he has taken onto this Board with the peremptory deleting of posts and banning of posters.

What you have is a Board that consists of ridiculous trade deals (generally if any were to come to fruition they would work to the detriment of the club) and outside that it is reflective of one individual's opinions and indulgences. Simply, put this Board has confined itself to offering safe threads that are required to be palatable to the moderator on this site.

As a result, on the rare occasions I have perused this site, I have found what it offers is dry, predictable and boring discussion.

Your post, Vandenbergfan, is dry, predictable and boring discussion.

Thanks for the feedback...

We've all been quivering with anticipation, in the seemingly endless wait for it to arrive :rolleyes:

I agree Gary and who on earth runs HHQ? All forums have there fair share of bullsh1t, and by just looking on hhq, it has just as much trade talk sh1t as this one. I hope you don't live in a glass house vanders!

HHQ is a boring place.

Its filled with Hawk fans that think the past ten years
were great wonderful all our players were stars and
if you critisize anyone or anything about the club you
get shot down by all the supplicants.

Grendel has never banned me despite me being uncannigly rude at times, i belittle people all the time and abuse them for what i think are pathetic posts and not once have i been banned :D .

The board can get boring but all in all im happy with everyone here, i often argue and disagree on many things with alot of the posters on this forum howvere when push comes to shove we all respect eachother and move on just as quickly as we do sook.

I dont think this board is all that ridiciulos, the trades that get thrown up are sometimes a bit out there however nothing more or less than other boards.

Vandenburgfan i suggest you take a look at the Bulldogs board and then you might see what pathetic posting is.

Oh and as for your name, you need a new one.

Vandenbergfan said:
Even though I'm a Hawthorn supporter I rarely read the supporter's Board, prefering the main Board and the Boards of other clubs.

This Board is too authoritarian, run by a moderator who boosts on HHQs of the number of people who are on his ignore list (which is pathetic), an attitude which he has taken onto this Board with the peremptory deleting of posts and banning of posters.

What you have is a Board that consists of ridiculous trade deals (generally if any were to come to fruition they would work to the detriment of the club) and outside that it is reflective of one individual's opinions and indulgences. Simply, put this Board has confined itself to offering safe threads that are required to be palatable to the moderator on this site.

As a result, on the rare occasions I have perused this site, I have found what it offers is dry, predictable and boring discussion.

Well, here's your big chance. Liven the board up a little. Let's hear some of those pearls of wisdom that flash gem-like from your glittering persona. Do not deprive us of your incredible talents any longer. Please stay, and teach those of us less gifted than yourself the way it is meant to be. Show us mere mortals the way!!!!!!

Vandenbergfan said:

I really enjoy the the censorship on this board it makes me feel like i have a big brother. :p

Mighty Hawk said:
HHQ is a boring place.

Its filled with Hawk fans that think the past ten years
were great wonderful all our players were stars and
if you critisize anyone or anything about the club you
get shot down by all the supplicants.

I suggest you take another look, people are incredibly harsh on recent players on HHQ.

Vandenbergfan said:

I agree wholeheartedly with these comments, just about every post on this board it edited by the moderator.

The posts are generally boring and given the high likelyhood of one being deleted many posters don't bother to post on this page.

The trade talk is complete rubbish people on here think Ries, Greene etc likely delistings from the club that finished third last are worth some of the better players in the league.

As for the moderator themself their posts are the joke, do they really need to post exactly the same post that they put on HHQ each and every single time? Was it necessary when Fevola was linked to Hawthorn to write war and peace on why Hawthorn shouldn't pick him up?

As for HHQ well that site is a joke, people their are banned for basically anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hecks99 said:
Was it necessary when Fevola was linked to Hawthorn to write war and peace on why Hawthorn shouldn't pick him up?
Well what is the purpose of this chat-board then? It is here to discuss such matters why or why not going for Fevola .... and anything else which is pertaining to happenings at our club.

Your are entitled to you criticism, hecks, but it would be helpful if you also proffer the style of club chat-board you would like to see and be involved in.

I find it a great pastime and hobby. If I think posts are bit off I ignore them ... it is as simple as that.

Gary Shadforth said:
Well what is the purpose of this chat-board then? It is here to discuss such matters why or why not going for Fevola .... and anything else which is pertaining to happenings at our club.

Your are entitled to you criticism, hecks, but it would be helpful if you also proffer the style of club chat-board you would like to see and be involved in.

I find it a great pastime and hobby. If I think posts are bit off I ignore them ... it is as simple as that.

If you review the posts which the moderator has on one of the Fevola threads in responding to those who want Fevola the moderator goes onto say what they have said before, almost exactly the only in text changes are made, I think they are using a thesaurus.

A lot of the posts on here are ok including those made by yourself, the board it being clearly over moderated almost to death, just check out the lack of traffic the board receives as opposed to other club boards. Part of this may be sabotage due to the moderators high profile position on HHQ the boards main competitor.

I'm a mod on another board (not footy related) but I'm new here, and just a simple member, so this interested me.

Took the time to have a look through the pages of threads and run some searches.

hecks, you said:

I agree wholeheartedly with these comments, just about every post on this board it edited by the moderator.

A quick search on the Hawthorn board for the word "edited" returned 36 threads out of 2,110. That's somewhere less than 2%.

Believe me, if this board wasn't moderated it'd be a free-for-all mess. Guaranteed.

hecks99 said:
A lot of the posts on here are ok including those made by yourself, the board it being clearly over moderated almost to death, just check out the lack of traffic the board receives as opposed to other club boards. Part of this may be sabotage due to the moderators high profile position on HHQ the boards main competitor.

Sabotage?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I love a good conspiracy theory, see i reckon Grendel is a Russina Spy, he has his submarine circling around the waters were all Big Footy Hawk supporters frequent, first chance he abducts them, brainwashes them and releases them into HHQ friendly waters never to be seen on Big Footy again

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

On a serious note we are lucky we have someone with the integrity of Grendel giving his time and moderating this board

BUBBALOUIS said:
Sabotage?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I love a good conspiracy theory, see i reckon Grendel is a Russina Spy, he has his submarine circling around the waters were all Big Footy Hawk supporters frequent, first chance he abducts them, brainwashes them and releases them into HHQ friendly waters never to be seen on Big Footy again

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

On a serious note we are lucky we have someone with the integrity of Grendel giving his time and moderating this board

I stand by those comments and would further like to say that I would be willing to put my hat in the ring as moderator of the Hawthorn bigfooty board. I would clearly do a better job than the current one who is in charge moderating everything left right and centre, as for that clown that looked up the word edited and found it only 36 times look again **************** unless the search engines books are done by Steve Vizard then I'd say you've done it incorrectly.

I am prepared to go against the current moderator in an election an election I would win, or against any others wishing to have a go as moderator.

Vote 1 Hecks99 for moderator.

tige19 said:
Grendel has never banned me despite me being uncannigly rude at times, i belittle people all the time and abuse them for what i think are pathetic posts and not once have i been banned :D .

The board can get boring but all in all im happy with everyone here, i often argue and disagree on many things with alot of the posters on this forum howvere when push comes to shove we all respect eachother and move on just as quickly as we do sook.

I dont think this board is all that ridiciulos, the trades that get thrown up are sometimes a bit out there however nothing more or less than other boards.

Vandenburgfan i suggest you take a look at the Bulldogs board and then you might see what pathetic posting is.

Oh and as for your name, you need a new one.

another example of an over zealous moderator, why was this post edited furthermore why is this bloke a mate of the moderators allowed to do all this supposed stuff on the board. what a load of ********.

vote 1 hecks99 for moderator

My my.

I didn't say the search found the word "edited" 36 times. I said that the search found 36 threads.

Surely you'll need to improve on your comprehension of other people's posts if you're going to run for moderator.

You'll also need to cut down on the blatant censorable name calling... also behaviour that doesn't suit a prospective mod.

At the moment what is being dished up on this board is a pale imitation of HHQ. In fact some posts on this board are double posted on HHQs.

During the recent down time on HHQs a lot of their regular posters came onto this board to post and find out what was happening with their board. I see they have disappeared just as rapidly, as they clearly are of the same opinion as I am that this board is redundant.

As it stands at the moment there is no compelling reason to view this board. Despite having considerable posters in this forum, this board attracts very little traffic. I think it would be nice if this board became more viable and started to attract Hawthorn supporters to this site because they wanted to find out and discuss issues rather then have them automatically logging onto HHQ. And I don't think that this is an opinion that is shared by the present moderator, who seems to be happy just so long as he can keep discussion out of this board that he considers unpleasant.

I think one advantage this board has over HHQ is that a lot of posters that visit this site are supporters of other clubs and enabling these posters to come onto this site should lead to lively and stimulating discussion. What we get at the moment is the heavy hand of censorship with posts deleted and posters banned (not only opposition supporters either).

If we want to turn this board into something better (like the Kangaroos board) rather then to have it withering away then I think it is time to change the moderator. The present moderator's views are after all well represented on HHQ, with his fellow censors.

MFHawks said:
My my.

I didn't say the search found the word "edited" 36 times. I said that the search found 36 threads.

Surely you'll need to improve on your comprehension of other people's posts if you're going to run for moderator.

You'll also need to cut down on the blatant censorable name calling... also behaviour that doesn't suit a prospective mod.

Look I'll cut out the crudity but I refuse to stop acting like a larrikan as this is one of the great things about Australia.

Vote 1 Hecks99
Authorised by Carols Graham for the ABG (Anyone but Grendel party)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back