The reason I rarely read this Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BUBBALOUIS said:
hmmmmm, didnt Mark Latham describe himself as a Larrikin?

Look I do aim to ease the squeeze on the middle users of this forum (ie those who are not mates with the moderator), they are under to much pressure to post only posts in agreement with the moderator. By easing the squeeze I'll make the Hawthorn board a fairer place.

hecks99 said:
As for HHQ well that site is a joke, people their are banned for basically anything.

:thumbsu:

MFHawks said:
Believe me, if this board wasn't moderated it'd be a free-for-all mess. Guaranteed.

Thats why i love the 'main' group :D

hecks99 said:
Vote 1 Hecks99 for moderator.

hecks99 said:
Look I'll cut out the crudity but I refuse to stop acting like a larrikan as this is one of the great things about Australia.

Dont like the rules VandenbergFan?? Then bugger off and stop whingeing.

I am sure Grendel has better things to do with his time than read this sort of tripe written by stupid, attention-seeking morons. Stick to the main board where the pathetic, "free-for all mess" is for twits who cant differentiate between sensible discussion and complete stupidity.

To all those who post (with the exception of the idiot who started this post and Hecks99), this board has become very, very good and the discussion fantastic of late. I have enjoyed watching the Hawthorn forum grow. Well done. And let's keep making this board one of the better club boards on BigFooty.

Go HAWKS!!

You cannot be serious Jacqui, this board is one of the most boring on BF. Clearly if you not in an elite groups of posters, you post will be belittled by those that are in this group. The board is moderated to death, no lively debate is allowed. Clearly all you've done in your post here it use personal insults against others whose opinions are against those of your own but this ok you are part of this elite group of posters. If I were to do the same to you my post would be deleted or heavily edited. By all means disagree with our point of view but don't lower yourself to using name calling thats childish.

hecks99 said:
As for HHQ well that site is a joke, people their are banned for basically anything.

I dispute that ... have you read the work of crannypete.

He has been going for a few months and I thought he would have been banned by now, if you have read any of his posts.

dudes grendel is a good bloke i dont know him personally but my step mothers sister is a friend of his in sunbury i used to think he was a girl mainly because of his hhq photo but apparently that was someone else like an ex girlfriend or something

that does not mean i get an easy ride i dont think he likes me even though i apologised to him for calling him a girl i think he has ignore buttoned me but if its his board he can do what he wants and if you dont like it you can go to hhq which now i think about is really the point of the post

apologies for taking up your times dudes and dudettes

crannypete said:
dudes grendel is a good bloke i dont know him personally but my step mothers sister is a friend of his in sunbury i used to think he was a girl mainly because of his hhq photo but apparently that was someone else like an ex girlfriend or something

that does not mean i get an easy ride i dont think he likes me even though i apologised to him for calling him a girl i think he has ignore buttoned me but if its his board he can do what he wants and if you dont like it you can go to hhq which now i think about is really the point of the post

apologies for taking up your times dudes and dudettes

As a aside what is with all this BS ignoring? Is it like you are too busy to read others posts who you have not agreed with the the past or something? Particularily when those which seem to use the ignoring function are veterans with over 5000 posts, who are they trying to kid?

This board really needs a shake up.

Menages said:
I dispute that ... have you read the work of crannypete.

He has been going for a few months and I thought he would have been banned by now, if you have read any of his posts.

Have read the works of crannypete, yeah some of it is funny (writing letters to gary buckenara), but the hawthorn bigfooty board really does suck, there seems to be only very serious discsussion allowed and if your opinons do not equal the moderaters then it seems as though its good night. Crannypete will probably IMO eventually be banned from HHQ for doing very little.

hecks99 said:
You cannot be serious Jacqui, this board is one of the most boring on BF. Clearly if you not in an elite groups of posters, you post will be belittled by those that are in this group. The board is moderated to death, no lively debate is allowed. Clearly all you've done in your post here it use personal insults against others whose opinions are against those of your own but this ok you are part of this elite group of posters. If I were to do the same to you my post would be deleted or heavily edited. By all means disagree with our point of view but don't lower yourself to using name calling thats childish.

For what its worth i think your fighting a losing battle.

Its just what our supporters are like.

90% of them think that in the past 10 years all our
players are guns, we havent had one hack, we are still the
best side going ever. Its really sad.

and they all fall into line on the same boring Pro Hawthorn
lets rally together behind the team rubbish when the club
on field clearly needs a shake up.

ALl this crap about keeping 28+ year olds becuase we will
get butchered on the field is typical supplicant short term
lets look after our medicore side rubbish.

We have turned the corner since start of 2004, lets not
go backwards :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

crannypete said:
dudes grendel is a ..... i used to think he was a girl mainly because of his hhq photo but apparently that was someone else like an ex girlfriend or something

please explain Gren?

hecks99 said:
As a aside what is with all this BS ignoring? Is it like you are too busy to read others posts who you have not agreed with the the past or something? Particularily when those which seem to use the ignoring function are veterans with over 5000 posts, who are they trying to kid?

Okay enough, you want an answer may as well give you an answer.

People on my hhq on ignore get there because I find them either offensive, tedious or boring. It's that simple. It's also my choice, or am I not allowed to have it? That sounds kind of.. peremptoriness.. (don't blame me on that one, Vfan introduced it).

People here aren't on ignore as I have to read everything to see if it conforms to B/F rules. You know what they are don't you, rules. That's the thing you sign on with agreeing to abide by when you join the site.

If you don't, then posts get moderated.

Very basic concept, even you should be able to grasp it.

This board really needs a shake up.

In your opinion. In Vfan's opinion. That makes two posters, both of whom are banned (iirc) from a certain other site that they've done nothing but complain about in this thread...

Have read the works of crannypete, yeah some of it is funny (writing letters to gary buckenara), but the hawthorn bigfooty board really does suck, there seems to be only very serious discsussion allowed and if your opinons do not equal the moderaters then it seems as though its good night. Crannypete will probably IMO eventually be banned from HHQ for doing very little.

Wow, re-stating the same old line (something I thought you said I did.. and found boring/repetitive)?

You'd mod how exactly? Not edit anything? That's some great mod ethos there. Or if you did edit something, how then would that be any different from when I (or other B/F mods, in case you haven't noticed, there isn't a board on here that hasn't at some point in time had posts edited) do it?

Or is this the type of standard you'd like to set -->

hecks99 said:
as for that clown that looked up the word edited and found it only 36 times look again ****************

hecks99 said:
By all means disagree with our point of view but don't lower yourself to using name calling thats childish.

Sums you up really right there.

Now the other one.

Vandenbergfan said:
Even though I'm a Hawthorn supporter I rarely read the supporter's Board, prefering the main Board and the Boards of other clubs.

Good for you.

This Board is too authoritarian, run by a moderator who boosts on HHQs of the number of people who are on his ignore list (which is pathetic), an attitude which he has taken onto this Board with the peremptory deleting of posts and banning of posters.

Actually there's been a decrease (not a 'boost') of one off hhq when you got boaste.. booted.

As to the banning of posters off this board, figures are very similar for it across all boards fyi. Not going to name names as (may come as a disappoinment but you will just have to deal with it) that's a mod/admin concern only.

What you have is a Board that consists of ridiculous trade deals (generally if any were to come to fruition they would work to the detriment of the club) and outside that it is reflective of one individual's opinions and indulgences. Simply, put this Board has confined itself to offering safe threads that are required to be palatable to the moderator on this site.

If by palatable you mean conforming to the rules (as signed by everyone that joins the site) then yea, I require that of posts on this board. So if people break the swear filter, it gets edited out. If ott personal abuse happens, it gets edited out. If continued trolling, general misbehaviour etc happen, then eventually, they get booted off altogether.

Pretty much a summing up of what can/will happen that is stickied at the top of the forum.

As a result, on the rare occasions I have perused this site, I have found what it offers is dry, predictable and boring discussion.

Ahh.. you mean like your little sook fest here then? You are not unintelligent but what you seem to fail to realise is that the board is not here for your benefit alone or to suit what you believe makes for acceptable or unacceptable discussion. Like hecks, the little word 'rules' seems to escape your attention.

If I was quite as dictatorial as you'd make me out, do you think I'd bother leaving this thread up, let alone running for three pages?

Anyone and everyone, even non-Hawthorn supporters are free to post here providing they do so with regard and respect towards the rules of B/F.

You can't deal with that, there's a big wwweb out there, I'm sure you can find a place for yourself somewhere within it.

Grendel said:
I have an Audrey (Amelie) Tautou photo as my avatar over there (hhq). The rest of it .. not worth comment.
I knew that I was wondering about the Girlfriend or something bit :)

bigbird said:
Do you post threads on hhq's grendel?

That sounds like an "Are you having an affair with her?" question!

hecks99 said:

I think he is hilarious, but I disagree re being banned. If it hasn't happened yet it is unlikely to happen. He seems to know when to stop before he crosses the line. Either that or he is one of the moderators poking some fun at the posters.

He went to the Gary Ablett Jnr site and his work is brilliant there IMHO!

Grendel said:
If by palatable you mean conforming to the rules (as signed by everyone that joins the site) then yea, I require that of posts on this board. So if people break the swear filter, it gets edited out. If ott personal abuse happens, it gets edited out. If continued trolling, general misbehaviour etc happen, then eventually, they get booted off altogether.

Pretty much a summing up of what can/will happen that is stickied at the top of the forum.

I posted on this site last week and found out later the post had been deleted. There was no profanity, trolling or personal abuse in the post - it was just a description of my getting banned from HHQ.

Given that the post does not fit into the categories you've listed for deleting/editing posts; how come it was deleted?

Grendel said:
Ahh.. you mean like your little sook fest here then? You are not unintelligent but what you seem to fail to realise is that the board is not here for your benefit alone or to suit what you believe makes for acceptable or unacceptable discussion. Like hecks, the little word 'rules' seems to escape your attention.

If I was quite as dictatorial as you'd make me out, do you think I'd bother leaving this thread up, let alone running for three pages?

Anyone and everyone, even non-Hawthorn supporters are free to post here providing they do so with regard and respect towards the rules of B/F.

You can't deal with that, there's a big wwweb out there, I'm sure you can find a place for yourself somewhere within it.

I wouldn't have needed to start the little sook fest if the thread at the top of this forum wasn't locked.

At the end of the day you don't really want opinion on this Board, you want something that complies with the cursory rules you've set down. Personally, I would prefer to see posters put a little bit of passion/interest into their posts, even if this meant they contravened some of your stupid rules. At the moment this Board consists of posts that are either inarticulate or flat out dumb, eg.

Philhawk: 'I hope we don't get a repeat of the Murphy father/son fiasco. I don't know if Josh Kennedy lives in Melbourne' ....... Then why are you posting it, if you don't know what your talking about.

Hawkk: a 14 year old kid, he asks the question 'who will get the converted number 23'.....enough said.

crannypete: I'm starting to get tired of the dope smoking moron crap, dude.

Bennycoff: 'I'd just like to confirm Hawthorn would definitely be interested in'.... who the heck are you - AC, Bucky or Pelchen.

Gary Shadworth: has this bloke ever said anything worthwhile.

Cyberkev: 'I'd just like to introduce one of the most knowledgable posters on BigFooty'.....cough, cough.

Jacqui: I've heard from people that have seen you, that your a pipsqueak. And yeah, I've learnt to differentiate between the sensible and the stupid, you fall into the latter category.

You see Mr moderator these are opinions, as opposed to the typing that normally gets posted in this forum. Now, given that your scared of opinion I can't see this post remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back