The Richard Pratt Cup - Carlton v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I suggest we auction off the Tricky Dicky Tin Cup and do something more useful for charity.

I'll start the bidding with half a can of Pringles and a used bus ticket. I know it's more than it's worth, but a good cause is a good cause.

I predicted Collingwood winning easily earlier in the thread but it seems it has been deleted so I cant quote it:confused:

Carlton just seem to love embarrassing themselves on the big stage

In all seriousness, why on Earth Eddie agreed to this amazes me. Hopefully it's brought up at the AGM, although knowing a Pies AGM it'll get shut down in about .3 seconds.

Had to laugh at one of the SMS's to SEN on Wednesday's The Run Home after it was announced and Leechy was asking what on Earth Pratt had to do with Collingwood, something along the lines of

"It's not too much of a stretch, both clubs supporters were equally affected by Pratt's price fixing :D"

0,,6103912,00.jpg

Who won the Shari-Lea medal last night for best on Ground?
i believe that was only awarded to the player with the most 1 percenters...

you know.. the stuff that really goes unnoticed ;)

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,28383,25436608-5013560,00.html

lol this guy had a mistress and a daughter on the side, and he's actually being honoured?

what an absolute disgrace.

maybe the shari-lea medal should be award to maxwell. he often left his player to look after someone else :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a Carlton home game/fixture and if we want to honour our late president and a great australian and humanatrian in this way, that is our choice ..

And btw, don't Freo and Port play for the 'Rat's Clacker' cup, North Melbourne and Richmond play for the 'Eureka' cup etc, what's the bloody big deal.

This is another game and event to raise funds for 'prostate' cancer research ???

The bitterness is strong in some fans.

Exactly. The ends justifies the means. I think honoring Richard Pratt in this manner is pretty stupid, seeing as Collingwood had no affiliation with him but if this is for a just cause I don't really care.

I have to agree with collingwood fans on this one. 2 different cups?:confused::thumbsdown:

Its been the Peter mac cup for a long time now. Which was already raising cancer awareness and collecting donations at the ground.

Richard Patt had nothing to do with collingwood. These things are supposed to be about something/someone that has impacted both clubs.

I think carlton should play for The Dick pratt medal.......a medal awarded to the best Carlton player in these games. An award handed out in the rooms post game. It would be a great award for a carlton player.:thumbsu:

* Im not knocking dick....just think this idea is wrong.

First decent post/comment I've seen on this subject. Good idea and a positive spin for a change.

Was this game really to raise money for Cancer awareness? Because at the Peter Mac game there are tin rattlers everywhere, but I didn't see a single person rattling tins last night at the game, inside the ground or out.

I haven't watched the game on TV yet, but if this event was really to support a charity, can I safely assume that a large portion of the pre-game and half-time coverage was devoted to promoting the cause, with websites and phone numbers etc., prominently displayed?

That you didn't know we played for the Peter Mac Cup just proves you are ignorant.

No it proves I don't give a **** about some stupid cup or anything to do with collingwood's shit history all that matters is who wins the rest is just a waste of time and should be scraped.

As far as im concerned piss off both the Dick Pratt and Pater Mac cup's I couldn't give a toss about either of them, I won't be looking back at the end of the year and saying "Yay we won the Peter Mac Cup" it means NOTHING

The Collingwood Football Club is not just the entity that resides at the Lexus Centre now (which I have referred to mockingly as the "Lexus Centre Cult"). No, the CFC represents an unparalleled tradition - one you understand as well as any one of us Eddie. Collingwood doesn't just belong to today's supporters, but to the memory of every person who ever shed blood, sweat and tears (and we've had plenty of those, believe me) for the Black and White since 1892.

We are better than Carlton and their cheating and lying culture, Eddie. We don't have to play their games.

We don't have to suck up to the big end of town. We were the people's club, we must become the people's club again.

Here is an interesting tune in relation to the AFL's position on being comprimised on everything and it is totally true. Have a listen and see what you think.

http://www.4shared.com/file/111194715/8c534ab1/Up_Yours_Your_Crazy.html

Some "bitter rivalry" these two teams have. :D

Not surprised in the least.

Eddie defends corrupt Carlton presidents as passionately as he defends Collingwood!

what a load of rubbish, collingwood loves nothing better than witnessing the most corrupt and unhanded team in the competition being caught. Eddie would be the first to put his hand up to open up the dirty deeds of this vial club.

I think all games against Carlton should be played for the Dick Pratt Cup. Why should Collingwood be the only club allowed to win football's most prestigous trophy? :mad:

pratt1.jpg

There must be some Carlton supporters out there who would concede that this award is in bad taste....surely.

Doubtful. All Carlton supporters think is that he is the one that saved them from years of losing and lap all the blame on Dennis Pagan and are happy to take number 1 draft picks as reward for having to put up with Pagan coaching them for 6 years or however long it was.
None of them (blanket yet 100% accurate statement) will agree that they have spent at least the last 10 years cheating in any form imaginable after a moratorirum was set - cheating the salary cap, cheating it again with Judd, using stolen money (Pratt's cash) to prop up a club that had supporters who wouldn't turn up to games and sponsors who didn't want to be part of their rubbish reputation.
Another 10 years at the bottom of the ladder still wouldn't be punishment enough for the amount of cheating this club continues to do.

Yes those Carlton supporters are a trusting bunch, or maybe they're just really gullible...or maybe they're just as big a pack of liars as the club they support. I dare say it's a combination.

I safely assume that a large amount of the pre-game, and half-time coverage wasn't devoted to promoting the Prostate Cancer foundation of Australia, with websites and phone numbers prominently displayed?

Interesting because according to all those Carlton supporters that were happy to get on board before Friday (and have since gone to ground....) said it was all about raising money for cancer awareness.

They've been fed so much bullshit from their club they'll believe anything they say. The rest of the footy world knew this was just a stunt to make to try and turn Dick Pratt into Saint Dick Pratt. It was a farce through and through and another grubby attempt by Carlton to make the world forget they've had crooks running their ugly Carlton club for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back