Prediction The Rolling Outrageous Claims Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Because I think he will be a star
I rate him, but the argument would be is he actually what we need vs O'Sullivan?

For instance, with O'Sullivan & SDK, we've already built the backline of our future spine if we develop them properly.

It's one of the most integral areas of the ground, and we've already (hopefully) got it set.

With Caddy, Neale, & Henry up the other end, that's 3 guys who could all be brilliant options as a second or third tall...but I'm not sure if any of them are good enough/big enough to be the leading man in a premiership side.

We'd still be making inroads for the future up there if we took him, but we'd still be be lacking the piece we require for mine.

I rate him, but the argument would be is he actually what we need vs O'Sullivan?

For instance, with O'Sullivan & SDK, we've already built the backline of our future spine if we develop them properly.

It's one of the most integral areas of the ground, and we've already (hopefully) got it set.

With Caddy, Neale, & Henry up the other end, that's 3 guys who could all be brilliant options as a second or third tall...but I'm not sure if any of them are good enough/big enough to be the leading man in a premiership side.

We'd still be making inroads for the future up there if we took him, but we'd still be be lacking the piece we require for mine.

Agree with this. Caddy will be a great role player as second/third string up forward.

Strong defence is the backbone of a premiership side these days more than ever. O'Sullivan helps with that.

You wanted outrageous so I went there
Caddy will be the big dog and will win multiple Coleman’s

Outrageous?
We will not win a game in May.
Ellie Kemper Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Ok I got one.

Geelong will get a higher average output in full games played from 26 year old 178cm Shaun Mannagh than Collingwood will get from 26 year old 178cm Lachie Schulz.

Could be a substantial backfire in this for those playing at home

OK the lack of games is killing young Shauny but I will say that Schultz is averaging 1 goal and 11.7 disposals in full games.

Mannagh has played one full game for 1 goal and 13 disposals. 2 behinds also.

I am claiming victory on this to this point in the season and no one will persuade me otherwise

Vdubs I love your work, but seriously I don't think you should be allowed to play this game.
Dubs is truly one of the greats of this board. But it is true that any outrageous claims attributable to him are just going to reach a whole different world of 'Wow!' when compared to most of us mere mortals on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dubs is truly one of the greats of this board. But it is true that any outrageous claims attributable to him are just going to reach a whole different world of 'Wow!' when compared to most of us mere mortals on here.
The trouble is that he's 1 for 1 so far and I feel like allowing a free rein to his outrageous pessimistic predictions in this thread can only end up with disastrous consequences for everyone.

The trouble is that he's 1 for 1 so far and I feel like allowing a free rein to his outrageous pessimistic predictions in this thread can only end up with disastrous consequences for everyone.
you attribute more power to me than deserved

you attribute more power to me than deserved
I'm with you here. You and I both lived long enough to finally see '07 and recognise that no words anyone speaks (and no dread anyone feels) has actually ever changed the result of a single sporting contest.

And thank God for that!

O.Henry subbed out our season is back on track
Rohan returning to his old contesting/harassing (which was mostly missing in his other games) had more to do with it.

But this is a coaching thing. Henry's form has dipped but it looks like it has dipped with a) our ball movement being terrible and b) stacking the side with too many tall forwards.

It seems Scott is willing to sacrifice having Henry at his best by squeezing both Rohan and Neale into the side. Surely it is Neale that would make way when we are at full strength.

I think it's ridiculous that Managh is not playing and think he would easily match Schultz output.
I have nothing against Neale who is bobbing up here and there as a key forward with little AFL experience.

But I would love to bring in Mannagh for Neale. With Miers being blunted by tags we could release another dynamite small forward into a similar role.

Rohan returning to his old contesting/harassing (which was mostly missing in his other games) had more to do with it.

But this is a coaching thing. Henry's form has dipped but it looks like it has dipped with a) our ball movement being terrible and b) stacking the side with too many tall forwards.

It seems Scott is willing to sacrifice having Henry at his best by squeezing both Rohan and Neale into the side. Surely it is Neale that would make way when we are at full strength.

It is not a matter of form, as a forward he doesn't have the capability to be more than a mark on lead player, if he plays tall then we can't target him 1 on 1 in a neutral setting he gets beaten too much nor does he create space by movement the best he can do is bring it to ground, if he plays small he doesn't gather the ball enough or apply real pressure. Either way we're a player down.

If Henry could do either role then the MC wouldn't be considering Neale or especially Rohan. The smaller you can be while remaining structurally sound the better it is. Adding the extra tall robbed him of his identity.

Good players create opportunities he is almost entirely reliant on the good work of others to get into games. If he needs our team to have good ball movement then he isn't much use. Good forwards make what would otherwise be poor ball movement work.

I think he'll eventually make the switch to play up the ground, mimicking the Wood, Mayne move to the wing where he'll have space to work into.

It is not a matter of form, as a forward he doesn't have the capability to be more than a mark on lead player, if he plays tall then we can't target him 1 on 1 in a neutral setting he gets beaten too much nor does he create space by movement the best he can do is bring it to ground, if he plays small he doesn't gather the ball enough or apply real pressure. Either way we're a player down.

If Henry could do either role then the MC wouldn't be considering Neale or especially Rohan. The smaller you can be while remaining structurally sound the better it is. Adding the extra tall robbed him of his identity.

Good players create opportunities he is almost entirely reliant on the good work of others to get into games. If he needs our team to have good ball movement then he isn't much use. Good forwards make what would otherwise be poor ball movement work.

I think he'll eventually make the switch to play up the ground, mimicking the Wood, Mayne move to the wing where he'll have space to work into.
Yeah I sort of agree with a lot of this. He has to hone in on those other parts of his game to become a complete player. He's a top 10 player in the league for goals/assists aged 21 when ball movement is strong. But when it's not, it's easy to see his deficiencies.

He needs to model parts of his game on Stengle, Miers and Rohan going forward. They all have different attributes that would address his flaws. I'm not saying he would ever be elite in them, but he could at least be competitive.

I do still firmly believe that playing this many tall forwards, or players who play tall, will lead to at least one of them suffering. It looks like it has been Henry. Or maybe he's just had a bad month. He was playing well before that, even with the weaknesses you highlighted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back