Opinion The Ruck. We need to talk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't tell the full story. The quality of the hits and skills are stratospheres apart.

Let alone Gawn and Goldstein ability to play as KPP.

Agree with that, however the potential is there, and we know X can kick goals. If he is doing more or less what Goldy and Gawn did at the same age in at least SOME categories, that's not too bad. Something to work with. Let's hope Monky can keep finding improvement in X's game. Also coming off a major injury last year as well, which will take time. I don't think Goldy or Gawn had similar problems in their development. At the moment, I am happy with how he is tracking.

I assume Xerri is following instructions from Monky and Patch, and not just doing his own thing every time, definitely huge room for improvement coaching wise here, somehow gotta synergise his strength's with his midfielder's, especially at centre bounces.
That's a good point. The only thing is they can't drop him because there's nobody to replace him.

I was just walking back from 114 Flinders St, and in the distance I saw what I thought was our midfield group doing some additional training with a tennis ball, which I thought was novel.

But on closer inspection the joke was well and truly on me. I saw this

1713411416298.png

I was just walking back from 114 Flinders St, and in the distance I saw what I thought was our midfield group doing some additional training with a tennis ball, which I thought was novel.

But on closer inspection the joke was well and truly on me. I saw this

View attachment 1962908

Well, we could put names to them…..

This thread

So many gold nuggets

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

You just have to be humbled and embarrassed by the development of the big fella.

12 months ago Goldstein had just gone head to head with Max Gawn and kicked 2 on him and matched him for hitouts. X didn’t do much at all in the same game.

Fast forward and so much has changed. I don’t think anyone could have predicted the meteoric rise.

Goldi today is the forgotten man languishing in the VFL, who will retire with little to no fanfare and Gawns body is starting to slow down.
X is literally breaking his opponents on a weekly basis.

Credit to Monkey, Clarko and yes Brady for the deal. They unearthed an All Australian ruck.
Tristan has put a shit load of work in himself.
I didn’t see this level of output at all. Even earlier this season.

For one we got kissed on the dick here with a BFNAAK.

Will not take for granted the fact the ruck position is now set and the midfield compliments X really well.
More importantly the age profile is spot on.

Set and forget

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well as he is our only real ruck, hope he stays fit as I hope he's improved.

Good chance of both, and he can mark just needs to time his arrival at the contest, he actually has shown that on the odd occasion, just when he stands still with his arms in the air, he aint marking it.
Bang !! Told youse

I guess it’s a cautionary reminder to not write any player off when they are on the fringe
It's a reminder that from our cheap seats most of us know 4/5ths of f*** all and trying to pick a players development is like throwing darts at a dart board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion The Ruck. We need to talk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back