The Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny thing is they're signing 'galacticos' who are inferior to the players they're replacing.

I've seen Silva and while most people have just basically seen that goal he scored against Chelsea.... my point being Robben is a better player. And if they decide they need to upgrade on Robben with a clearly inferior model then good luck to whoever buys Robben.

And your team wins out either way. They beat you to Silva? No problem, you take Robben off their hands.

You sign Silva? They can keep the injury prone diver. (who I like)

Robben seemed to have fallen out of favour at the end of last season.

But I agree, when both fit and firing, Robben is the better player.

Arsenal lining up Thomas Vermaelen from Ajax for our crap defence.

Nothing new about that rumor, it's been doing the rounds for a month or so now. Latest blog press (not even a shoddy English tabloid) is that a deal has been done and he'll be joining for £10,000,000 and it should signed, sealed and delivered within 48 hours.

Having said that, I wouldn't believe any Arsenal-themed transfer rumors until they've got a picture of him in our kit on the front page of the official site.

Nothing new about that rumor, it's been doing the rounds for a month or so now. Latest blog press (not even a shoddy English tabloid) is that a deal has been done and he'll be joining for £10,000,000 and it should signed, sealed and delivered within 48 hours.

Having said that, I wouldn't believe any Arsenal-themed transfer rumors until they've got a picture of him in our kit on the front page of the official site.

A rumoured interest (which it was a month ago) and a rumoured deal (which I appeared to read this morning) are different. But both very untrustworthy.

Fat Head Bruce is now Fat Cat Bruce.

You can use either.

I do prefer Fat Head Bruce though.

Thought he was a Newcastle fan?

Roberto Martinez, formerly of Swansea, is his replacement at Wigan.

Roberto Martinez, formerly of Swansea, is his replacement at Wigan.

Excellent choice.

Potential gun manager and I can't see him being at Wigan too long.

Hopefully being a mate of Rafa, he won't bow to Whelan's pro-Manc agenda.

Thought he was a Newcastle fan?

Do you think that really comes into it when an opportunity comes up for a Manager? I'd think Bruce probably has more affinity with Man United these days than Newcastle. Mark Hughes went to City, players sign for Liverpool when they supported Everton. I don't think who people support as a kid really comes into it for professionals in 99% of cases and nor should it probably.

Excellent choice.

Potential gun manager and I can't see him being at Wigan too long.

Hopefully being a mate of Rafa, he won't bow to Whelan's pro-Manc agenda.

I really liked how Swansea played football this season. It will be interesting to see if he tries to get Wigan to play in a similar system. I was hoping Martinez would be Boro's next Manager if Southgate got the flick :)

Do you think that really comes into it when an opportunity comes up for a Manager? I'd think Bruce probably has more affinity with Man United these days than Newcastle. Mark Hughes went to City, players sign for Liverpool when they supported Everton. I don't think who people support as a kid really comes into it for professionals in 99% of cases and nor should it probably.
hence the term 'professionals' they are professional about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bruce is the biggest managerial tart going around.

And he's just lost any chance he had of managing his "beloved" Geordies.

Last I heard Swansea had denied Wigan permission to speak to Martinez so unless thats changed overnight theres still a way to go on that one.

Well, Steve Bruce isn't very well liked by the Sunderland fans (because he's a Geordie), so he'll have his work cut out trying to impress them.

Can't see that one working out.

Martinez was linked to the Celtic job too, but he said 2 years ago that he'd stay at Swansea for 4-5 years, so it will be interesting to see if he honours his word.

west ham have said goodbye to Lucas Neill i imagine hammers fans must be devastated.

It is rather annoying. I mean hes had his best season in a loong time in English football and we get rid for nothing. Its idiotic not to give him a 2 year deal IMO. Even as a handy bench option. The versatility for him to play left back is also handy too. At this stage if our only left back in Ilunga goes down Upson has to shift from CB to LB to cover.

If Real Madrid don't win any major trophies/titles over the next few years they are going to be epicly ****ed considering how much money they've borrowed. Such a financially wreckless club. No focus on its youth academy and doesn't give a shit about blooding younger players ... hope they crash and burn next season.

ps: bring in the 6+5 rule!

Wouldn't stop Real. All that would happen is that Real would then go out and buy the 15 best Spanish players around.

Wouldn't stop Real. All that would happen is that Real would then go out and buy the 15 best Spanish players around.

Wouldn't happen.

Torres would NEVER join Real.

Xavi, Iniesta and Puyol would never leave Barcelona for Madrid...

There's 4 of your team there and 4 very important players.

They could get Silva, Villa and Alonso, they already have Casillas and Ramos.

They wont get Fibreglass...

If Real Madrid don't win any major trophies/titles over the next few years they are going to be epicly ****ed considering how much money they've borrowed. Such a financially wreckless club.

Not when the goverment bails them out! :)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back