The Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

The decision to let Diarra go for sweet **** all was a disaster.

He wasn't getting a game, and most Arsenal supporters (and obviously the management) didn't seem to have much faith in him at the time. There weren't too many whinging when it happened iirc? In hindsight though, yeah a bad decision.

I'm almost fairly certain there's one bad challenge he's made.

I have no idea who it was against, but I'm pretty sure it was he who made it.

He also slapped Mascherano across the face, which is a big no-no.

He also slapped Mascherano across the face, which is a big no-no.

Yes, that was a typical big 4 decision that one. Masch grabs Ali around the throat and Ali pushes him away...we get the softest red card you'll see and Masch gets nothing :rolleyes:, then when we appeal we get given an extra week :D corrupt buggers.

But I'm not bitter at all :(

:)

Yes, that was a typical big 4 decision that one. Masch grabs Ali around the throat and Ali pushes him away...we get the softest red card you'll see and Masch gets nothing :rolleyes:, then when we appeal we get given an extra week :D corrupt buggers.

But I'm not bitter at all :(

:)

I thought it was a good decision for your team to be honest. :D

AHHHHH... ****ing website keeps logging off.

Anyway, I reckon this transfer period is going to be the most explosive we've ever seen.

Manchester City: £250m - An estimated amount some of the reports are suggesting. As ridiculous as that sounds, it's not beyond them considering who their financial backers are. They alone could provide enough fireworks to make this European summer more interesting than ever!

Real Madrid: €250m - Perez is back, which means nothing short of a full-blown revolution. We saw what he did the first round and he'll undoubtedly do it again ... especially since their arch-nemesis have won the honours of being the first Spanish team to do the treble. Madristas would be epicly pissed, particularly Perez. €250m does sound like a transfer budget beyond his capacity, but I'd expect R.Madrid to spend an easy €100m-€150m this summer if they land Kaka, Ronaldo or Ribery ... or a combo of several.

Chelsea: £100m - New coach, new start, need money. Roman's lost a lot out of Chelsea, and made some poor decisions, but I reckon he'll give Ancelotti at least £50m to start rebuilding with more coming from sales. Obviously linked with a number of high-profile players, you'd have to expect Chelsea to churn the rumour mill a lot. Wouldn't surprise me if they even took out a loan to secure the names they really want.

Manchester United: £50m-£100m - Was reported on the MUFC website about rumours that Park, Anderson, nani and a few other players would be shown the door. Not sure why'd you would post rumours on your website unless you're telling us something. Not sure how much SAF will have to play with, but with Tevez gone and Ronaldo possibly going, things are going to heat up big time if they both go.

Barcelona: €50m-€100m - Hard to say how much Barcelona will want to spend given they've done the treble, although they've made it known they want to build a very competitive squad to add depth. Particularly since next year's fixtures is going to be mighty packed with the World Cup and World Club Cup competition. Squad rotation will be pivotal and key players will need to be rested more. Fabregas, Ibrahomovic, A.Cole, Silva and Ribery on the radar ... will be interesting to see whether Barca adopt an aggressive or passive approach to signing any of these players.

Can't factor in the Italian clubs as they're extremely tight with money lol. AC Milan are the wealthiest of the clubs, but would spend most proceeds from any Kaka sale on their €60-€70m of debt. If Inter do sell Ibra, they could be movers as well. But will most likely go for Eto'o.

Why would Cesc go to Barca? He wont be guaranteed a starting position instead of Xavi or Iniesta and if he wanted to leave he would want to start. Besides what guy in there early 20's wants to go from being the number 1 player and captain to not starting.

Someone who wants to win a trophy before he turns 26 and is too old to play for Arsenal.

Why would Cesc go to Barca? He wont be guaranteed a starting position instead of Xavi or Iniesta and if he wanted to leave he would want to start. Besides what guy in there early 20's wants to go from being the number 1 player and captain to not starting.
players would be rotated often enough to the point cesc would start 3 times out of 5 and be subbed for the rest.

When they rest Messi, iniesta would most likely play RF (as he has done in the past) and then Cesc slots in the midfield. If Henry is rested, then Iniesta will go LF, and cesc goes midfield. Or if Xavi or Iniesta gets rested, he simply slots in the midfield. Keita would rotate with toure as the holding mid so Cesc's only real competition is from busquets.

Plenty of game time up for grabs, plus he's not going to crack a national spot in the starting XI from England.

BREAKING GOSSIP
1148 BST: Brazilian midfielder Ze Roberto, 34, says Manchester City is "high on the list" of clubs he could join after deciding to leave Bayern Munich.

1132 BST: Real Madrid are set to launch a £30m bid to lure Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic to the Bernabeu.

1102 BST: AC Milan forward Alexandre Pato has ruled out a summer move to Chelsea.

1025 BST: Bayern Munich say winger Franck Ribery will not be sold this summer despite interest from Chelsea and Real Madrid.

1011 BST: Manchester United midfielder Park Ji-Sung has denied rumours he is to quit the Premier League champions.

1009 BST: Hull are preparing a bid for Newcastle midfielder Kevin Nolan.

1001 BST: Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic is definitely staying with the club, ending talk of a move to Inter Milan, according to his agent.

0956 BST: Hull City are set to reignite their interest in Manchester United striker Fraizer Campbell.

0945 BST: Manchester City midfielder Elano has issued a come-and-get-me plea to Serie A champions Inter Milan.

0916 BST: Brazilian club Santos are preparing a bid to bring Manchester City forward Robinho back to the club.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...star-Robinho-sights-club-Santos.html?ITO=1490

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Barcelona are preparing a £50m bid for Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas but could face competition from Chelsea and Real Madrid.

Real Madrid have signed AC Milan's Brazilian playmaker Kaka for a world record fee of £62m.

Chelsea had come into the bidding for Kaka but failed with a late bid for the AC Milan forward.

However, Kaka's signature may not yet be completed and Chelsea could yet land the AC Milan forward if they improve on Real's offer.

If Chelsea do miss out on Kaka then they will prepare a £45m deal for AC Milan forward Alexandre Pato.

Chelsea will also look to sign Manchester City's highly rated 19-year-old striker Daniel Sturridge who is out of contract at Eastlands.

The Blues have also told striker Andriy Shevchenko, who is on loan at AC Milan, that he is needed back at Stamford Bridge next season.

Argentine striker Carlos Tevez is to reject the chance of staying at Manchester United, despite the Premier League champions looking set to meet the £32m asking price.

Manchester City appear to be the favourites to land Tevez, with the 25-year-old's representative Kia Joorabchian claiming his client feels "humiliated" by United.

City will also target Barcelona forward Samuel Eto'o, Everton defender Joleon Lescott and Arsenal centre-back Kolo Toure.

Manchester City boss Mark Hughes will also prepare a £15m bid for Didier Drogba, if the Chelsea striker turns down the offer of a new contract.

Liverpool midfielder Yossi Benayoun is ready to commit his long-term future to the club, having said in January he was ready to leave if he continued playing a bit part at the club.

However, Benayoun could yet turn his back on Anfield, with Manchester City, West Ham, Atletico Madrid and Villarreal believed to be interested in the Israeli.

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has pleaded with the club to bring Newcastle striker Michael Owen back to Anfield.

However, Merseyside rivals Everton are weighing up a move for the former Liverpool and Real Madrid striker.

But Owen would have to take a 50% pay cut if he joined the losing FA Cup finalists.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has launched a £15m bid to sign Valencia forward David Silva.

But the Anfield boss faces a fight to hang on to midfielder Javier Mascherano, who is wanted by Real Madrid.

Despite appearing to have won the race to sign Kaka, Real Madrid will still go after Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo and will pay £75m for the Portugal star.

Steve Bruce will sign Tottenham striker Darren Bent for £10m once he is confirmed as Sunderland manager.

Bruce will be given £50m to spend on new players at the Stadium of Light.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is tracking St Etienne midfielder Blaise Matuidi, who is valued at about £5m.

Bolton are preparing a £6m bid for Tottenham midfielder Tom Huddlestone and are also keen on Portsmouth defender Sylvain Distin.

Manchester United reserve goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak is attracting interest from Russian club Zenit St Petersburg.

Bolton hope to beat Blackburn to the signature of Portsmouth midfielder Sean Davis.

Portsmouth striker John Utaka is being tracked by French clubs Rennes and Bordeaux.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Real Madrid have adopted the approach... 'if we sign every single player in the world, we're guaranteed to win all the trophies'...

Hey, thats our approach. Bugger off Madrid.

If Real Madrid don't win any major trophies/titles over the next few years they are going to be epicly ****ed considering how much money they've borrowed. Such a financially wreckless club. No focus on its youth academy and doesn't give a shit about blooding younger players ... hope they crash and burn next season.

ps: bring in the 6+5 rule! let's see what comes of the EPL then!! only united out of the big4 would survive.

:D :thumbsu:

Well, looks likes it's Man Citeh vs. Real Madrid in the... European Cup final. To be played on a Saturday
Funny thing is they're signing 'galacticos' who are inferior to the players they're replacing.

I've seen Silva and while most people have just basically seen that goal he scored against Chelsea.... my point being Robben is a better player. And if they decide they need to upgrade on Robben with a clearly inferior model then good luck to whoever buys Robben.

And your team wins out either way. They beat you to Silva? No problem, you take Robben off their hands.

You sign Silva? They can keep the injury prone diver. (who I like)

Apparently REAL are buying half of europe. Its an absolute load of crap.

Why? I never really understand it when supporters of the bigger clubs have a whinge when teams like Real come sniffing for their players...isn't that what is supposed to happen? Isn't that exactly what the likes of Liverpool do to smaller clubs? If Real can afford to buy Kaka, Maschereno, Alonso, Fabregas, Ronaldo and Ribery this summer then good luck to them I say :)

Why? I never really understand it when supporters of the bigger clubs have a whinge when teams like Real come sniffing for their players...isn't that what is supposed to happen? Isn't that exactly what the likes of Liverpool do to smaller clubs? If Real can afford to buy Kaka, Maschereno, Alonso, Fabregas, Ronaldo and Ribery this summer then good luck to them I say :)

Im taking the pi$$......

The media hear something and they print it. Mascherano came out and said he is committed at Anfield then the papers come out with he wants to leave. Its all bull$hit.

Real is the ultimate big time club. They have truckloads of $$

Although we did beat them 4-0

Remove this Banner Ad

The Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back