Prediction The run home - how many do we win?

How many more games will we win?

Votes: 1 0.7%

Votes: 1 0.7%

Votes: 3 2.1%

Votes: 18 12.4%

Votes: 39 26.9%

Votes: 30 20.7%

Votes: 53 36.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to make finals just to make other teams' supporters nervous. There is a dangerous mental health condition called headf**ked that I suspect could be triggered

Geelong fans will be more nervous than a South African cricket team before a World Cup semi-final... :D

If you forget the first six rounds the AFL ladder would look like this,

40 Sydney
28 Adelaide
28 Melbourne
26 Geelong
26 Hawthorn
24 Port
24 Essendon
24 Richmond
24 GWS
24 St Kilda
20 Collingwood
20 WCE
20 Western Bulldogs
16 Fremantle
16 GCS
12 North
12 Carlton
12 Brisbane

Wins against the top 3 form sides and a narrow lose to equal fourth.

During that time Frawley, Rioli & Stratton only played 2 games each, Birchall 3 , Gibson 6 and Poppy 7.

40 Sydney
28 Adelaide
28 Melbourne
26 Geelong
26 Hawthorn
24 Port
24 Essendon
24 Richmond
24 GWS
24 St Kilda
20 Collingwood
20 WCE
20 Western Bulldogs
16 Fremantle
16 GCS
12 North
12 Carlton
12 Brisbane

During that time Frawley, Rioli & Stratton only played 2 games each, Birchall 3 , Gibson 6 and Poppy 7.
Couple seconds longer in the GWS game and the Burton point wins us that. Smith's kick against Geelong goes a few metres the other way and we win that. Sitting outright second.

But of course those things didn't happen and the start to our season did. It is very heartening in terms of 2018. Especially if we can bring in some elite talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

40 Sydney
28 Adelaide
28 Melbourne
26 Geelong
26 Hawthorn
24 Port
24 Essendon
24 Richmond
24 GWS
24 St Kilda
20 Collingwood
20 WCE
20 Western Bulldogs
16 Fremantle
16 GCS
12 North
12 Carlton
12 Brisbane

Maybe if Gibson had missed more we'd currently be 2nd on that table.

Honestly think that we can win our remaining 5, if we get over Sydney Friday night then I will be more convinced of this, Richmond aren't as good as people think, I see no reason why we can't win that, North and the Blues we should beat and that leaves the Bulldogs, again I see no reason why we can't take it up to them either. We are a chance to play finals people, I can feel it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For anyone interested in the maths, Matter of Stats has an update on where teams are most likely to finish and how much their chances will change with the result of every game (i.e. not just their own). It's dense but interesting.

http://www.matterofstats.com/mafl-s...final-ladder-and-finals-series-after-round-18

The good news is that the games that most impact our chances are our games, not others. Starting tonight...

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction The run home - how many do we win?

Back