The run home

Remove this Banner Ad

And the funny thing is - if we did somehow win all 3, then we would need the Swans to lose to GWS. ;)

And this just might happen. After the comprehensive win by the Bulldogs today, plus if Franklin misses another week and with Parker virtually gone for the year, the Swans players might just lose the mental edge this week, if they think their chances of making top 4, let alone winning the flag, are just about gone

We have no excuses, Freo is coming off the Derby which they would have been "up" for, we have an 8 day break.
Bulldogs will be coming home from W.A. and coming of a 6 day break.

If we don't win at least 2 of the next 3 we are only making up the numbers. I'm looking forward to the next 2 weeks - it will confirm if we are pretenders or whether we need to start keeping a "lid on it". Have no idea what we will dish up though!

There couldn't have been a more perfect schedule for us bottom of the 8 teams.
Potential opportunity everywhere to make 3rd all the way to dropping out of the 8.
NMFC will define who they are as a team within the next 3 weeks. Like a mini season.
It's there for the taking if they want it.
Good luck Brad Scott.

It's just a huge finish to the season. If we can get over freo I think it will give us the confidence to actually believe in ourselves, that we are a genuine contender, if we beat them I think we will have the confidence to take out doggies and tigers and attack the finals at full steam. The great thing at the moment is our destiny is in our own hands.

It's just a huge finish to the season. If we can get over freo I think it will give us the confidence to actually believe in ourselves, that we are a genuine contender, if we beat them I think we will have the confidence to take out doggies and tigers and attack the finals at full steam. The great thing at the moment is our destiny is in our own hands.

Absolutely agree. The Gold Coast loss was really the only bad loss - to a team under us that we should have beaten comfortably - but there have been several where North could have picked up wins over team around and above us that it hasn't, and of course every time we have faced a genuine contender they have thumped us. West Coast is really the only underdog win, and the venue and conditions make that a hard one to take too much out of.

The last three rounds are the wins a serious finalist needs to win, against teams near or above our ladder position. All our competitors for finals spots have those wins under their belts this year, and we need to take the chance in the next three weeks. If not, it's just one of those underperforming years and we finish where we belong.

Not that likely - but possible.

The three key games on the way in are GWS v Syd (Rd 21), Adel v WCE (Rd 22) and Gee v Adel (Rd 23).

Need to start with Syd beating GWS this week - which will pretty much put them out of business.

Or go all in.

Need GWS to upset Sydney. The two games against our other two rivals for 4th hopefully give us a shot if we manage to pinch all 3 wins.

Tough to see us making it happen but I'd rather go all guns blazing for 4th and an outside chance of a GF rather than sure up a solid lower order 8 position.

Makes for an exciting end of season. We could potentially win our last three and just as easily lose the lot of them. And, unbelievably, we could end up anywhere from 4th to 10th. It is one of those rare seasons where 13 wins may not be enough for a finals berth.

Personally I'm strapping myself in for a tortuous 3 weeks, riding that enigma that is North Melbourne. There is a lot at stake for the club. Brad Scott's future will be defined by the next month of footy. The legacy of several senior players will be shaped by it. Some fringe players could be on the verge of delisting or finals footy depending how things pan out. Plus there is the end of the president's reign. This board has a feel of a Chinese dangerous chemical factory....liable to go off.

Bring it on. Or not.

#ECGsOnSaleAtArdenSt

We played the hawks with half a team after they were embarrassed by GWS.
We played a full strength Freo with half a team.
We played a full strength Sydney with half a team.
We smashed Richmond w Deledio
We beat WCE kicking into the hurricane in the last and needing to outscore them.

Things have stacked against us all year but Finally, and thabk **** we are almost at full strength ourselves, with some blokes hitting form and Wells, MacMillan and Turner to come in asap and that to me should be the tipping point, where we simply have too much talent not to win.

**** the doggies run, who the **** are they going to play on our 3 big boys.

**** Freo and **** Rossy, you gotta come here to Brads bubble out of form off a short break.

And then there is Richmond. Whe quite frankly have had a dream run and still almost ****ed it.

They all need to stop us, not the other way around.

We played the hawks with half a team after they were embarrassed by GWS.
Nope.
82ec1bd4e0172e7df2d07d3376a4205e.png

The main reason they lost to GWS was the lack of Hodge and Lewis.

Another prelim possible for North: Mooney
Joshua Papanikolaou | 18 Aug 2015, 01:59PM
SHAREShare on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printShare on google_plusone_share

roos.jpg

North Melbourne are more than capable of winning two finals and playing off for a spot in the Grand Final as they did last season, says Cameron Mooney.

Despite having an inconsistent year and failing to live up to their tag as the next top four team they are still a dangerous prospect when things click into gear.

“I think we all agree that when North are at their best they are bloody hard to beat and can take it up to any team in the competition,” said Mooney on SEN radio.

“They may do it again, they do have the ability to win a couple and make it back.”

The Kangaroos will not have a double chance this season as a number of people predicted as they currently sit seventh on the ladder with 12 wins.

Also, their run home is a tricky one with games against Fremantle, Western Bulldogs and Richmond.

“I still look at them and think about sixth or seventh is about where I had them anyway for most of the year,” said Mooney.

“Last year they had two fantastic wins and got into a preliminary final, but that doesn’t mean that you’re a top four team.

“It’s about teams that can get through 23 weeks and finish in the top four.”

Although they have won their last six games North were less than convincing on the weekend against St Kilda, largely outplayed for the first half.

“The problem is you don’t know what you are going to get form week-to-week sometimes with North,” explained Mooney.

“When you look at the weekend, that first half against St Kilda was a pretty ordinary one.

“Against a young team, who is no question cooked – their bodies are stuffed so that’s why their second halves have fallen over the last few weeks.

“Their first half was sensational, but North couldn’t match it with them.”

http://www.sen.com.au/news/08-15/another-prelim-possible-for-north-mooney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All we need to do is win the next two games and we'll be 5th. :)
Mathematically still a chance for 4th would need either Hawks or swans losing both games, potentially swans just losing one game if we can win the next two by a lot and catch their percentage

But yeah 5th looks very achievable

Mathematically still a chance for 4th would need either Hawks or swans losing both games, potentially swans just losing one game if we can win the next two by a lot and catch their percentage

But yeah 5th looks very achievable

Would need a ridiculous amount of luck!

Loss to the GC costing us a higher spot on the ladder two years in a row.

Pulling off a win against Swans would have us sitting pretty in 4th.

Remove this Banner Ad

The run home

Remove this Banner Ad

Back