News The "SACK" signs up.

Remove this Banner Ad

That's right, Tyson Goldsack has signed a new 2 year deal.:thumbsu:

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2010/10/09/goldsack-s-contract-deal/

FREMANTLE’S audacious bid to snare a Collingwood premiership star in return for departing big man Chris Tarrant has been thwarted with Tyson Goldsack winning a new contract.

But Goldsack and his manager Anthony McConville, as well as Magpies football operations guru Geoff Walsh, secured a new two-year deal at the height of the club’s premiership winning celebrations.
Goldsack was a last minute inclusion into the Pies grand final replay team when he was chosen ahead of out-of-form veteran forward Leon Davis.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2010/10/09/goldsack-s-contract-deal/

AWESOME.:thumbsu:

Boy will he be disappointed when he realises he's the one who drew the short straw to get Tarrant back into the side.

Fantastic news! i absolutely love the SACK! i think he will be in our best 22 next season, its so funny how he is a player in and out of our side but in just about any other club he'd be in their starting line up. Many of my friends think he is a gun!

I have been pretty critical of where Goldsack fits into our line up as a player but I have a huge deal of respect for this decision. It would have been easy for him to get more money and a certain start at a few decent clubs. Instead he has stayed loyal and is prepared to work hard to earn his spot in our side and with that attitude it's hard to back against him doing it.

A few years back people were discounting Thomas, look how a couple of years changes how good they are. Goldsack will be a bloody standout player in a couple of years, even next season he will be better than this year. Good ability to play half back but kick a few goals when going foreward as well

A few years back people were discounting Thomas, look how a couple of years changes how good they are. Goldsack will be a bloody standout player in a couple of years, even next season he will be better than this year. Good ability to play half back but kick a few goals when going foreward as well

With all due respect to the love in this thread some perspective please. There is a reason one gets drafted at 2 and the other at 67 as a 19 year old after being ignored altogether the year before. Goldsack is a good player with some pretty clear limitations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best part of the article is this:

Out of favour flamboyant utility John Anthony remains a contender to be traded for Tarrant with his versatility to play at either end of the ground and reliable goal-kicking talents.
The 22-year-old’s inconsistencies over his brief 43-game career are believed to have been questioned by Fremantle’s football hierarchy.

Fancy a young KPP with less than 50 games under his belt, neck injuries, shoulder injuries and having kicked 50 goals in a single season at 21yrs of age to be his clubs top goalscorer not being "inconsistent". Seriously WTF? What young KPPs do they possess that are not inconsistent or better than Jack?

With all due respect to the love in this thread some perspective please. There is a reason one gets drafted at 2 and the other at 67 as a 19 year old after being ignored altogether the year before. Goldsack is a good player with some pretty clear limitations.

I'm not inferring that Goldy will be a star but Dean Cox was a rookie.
Dane Swan was a pick in the late 50's
Harry O'Brien was a rookie
Nick Maxwell was a rookie
Eddie Betts was a Pre-Season draftee who was not picked up in the national draft
Nick Malceski was a pick 64
Brad Sewell was a rookie
Jason Porplyzia was a rookie
Matthew Boyd was a rookie
Paul Duffield was a rookie
Kieran Jack was a rookie
Ben McGlynn was a rookie

Some perspective please :thumbsu:

great news!

good call to sign a 2 year deal by his management. He'll be worth a bit next time he's up if he keeps on tracking as he has been.

Big deal. He struggled to be in our best 22 this year and will probably struggle next year as well.

Well it is a big deal. The guy is an absolute gun and would be one of the first picked in 15 other sides in their backline.

call me disloyal, but I was hoping we'd trade him for a draft pick in the low 20s. One big advantage of being the premiers is that our fringe players become overrated. To me Goldsack is a back flanker, who is well behind our other back flankers who are all pretty young. We're in a very good position to set up for an extended period at the top, if we can continue to bring in good young players onto our list. I'd personally prefer us to use youngsters with a bit more upside when we need to cover for injuries. I'd like us to trade Anthony for the same reason.

Very happy to have the sack all signed up.

I think we're yet to see his best, and he's already very good.

A team is only as strong as it's weakest link, and the games vs Cats and GF2, where had the sack as our 'last guy,' and were much stronger as a result.

IF he's not best 22 (I personally think he IS best 22) then he'll certainly keep them all on their toes, which is great and was one secret to our success this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

News The "SACK" signs up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back