The SEN Thread 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The SEN Thread

BTW Good news for SEN NFL Fans ...

Apparently Steve and Ed from Born in the USA will be hosting SBS's coverage of the Superbowl this year !!! (well that's what I heard last week)

Fantastic, and esp as it will be New England's 4th SB triumph, should be a great and fun day all round !!

I've actually seen Ed Wyatt on the tube before, now it will be interesting to see Steve as well :)

BTW I also laugh at those people who txt Born In the USA and say they don't like US sports ... My advice is for them to go listen to Bruce and Phil on 3AW !!!
I mean 2 hours a week is hardly too much to ask, and plus there are plenty of NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB fans in Melbourne, and I'm so over cricket etc ...

Who is the idiot doing the live Austalian V India Test reports?

He is terrible!!!:thumbsdown:

BTW Good news for SEN NFL Fans ...

Apparently Steve and Ed from Born in the USA will be hosting SBS's coverage of the Superbowl this year !!! (well that's what I heard last week)

Fantastic, and esp as it will be New England's 4th SB triumph, should be a great and fun day all round !!

I've actually seen Ed Wyatt on the tube before, now it will be interesting to see Steve as well :)

BTW I also laugh at those people who txt Born In the USA and say they don't like US sports ... My advice is for them to go listen to Bruce and Phil on 3AW !!!
I mean 2 hours a week is hardly too much to ask, and plus there are plenty of NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB fans in Melbourne, and I'm so over cricket etc ...

Yeah, Ed has hosted the superbowl on SBS for about 7-8 years now and i'm preety sure Steve featured in a Rove Live commercial last year.

My only original point was, the Indian cricket team aren't angels themselves, so any criticism on the Aussie team, justified or not, is a tad hypocritical.

Well, it probably would be hypocritical if I didn't also think the Indian players are a bunch of eejits too.

I also abhor the use of physical torture to extract information from prisoners and imprisoning people for extended periods of time without promise of a trial. But I'm prone to be more critical of Western governments who endorse such behaviour rather than, say, Sierra Leone, because I expect more from those who represent me on a global scale. And as far as I know Sierra Leone does not purport itself to provide the framework upon which modern culture should be modelled like we do.

Memo Mark Doran some of us Australians will not be following your churlish classless love child Lleyton Hewitt next week. I guess that makes us un- Australian,the complete lack of diginity in the defeat by Guccione was disgraceful:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Memo Mark Doran some of us Australians will not be following your churlish classless love child Lleyton Hewitt next week. I guess that makes us un- Australian,the complete lack of diginity in the defeat by Guccione was disgraceful:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Tend to agree with you on this one........because he is an aussie, I follow Lleyton, but it is getting harder and harder everytime he plays to keep doing so....as a person I find it very difficult to warm to him at all....

Tend to agree with you on this one........because he is an aussie, I follow Lleyton, but it is getting harder and harder everytime he plays to keep doing so....as a person I find it very difficult to warm to him at all....

Yep my thoughts exactly too.

Me three.

Don't think I've ever supported a foreigner over an aussie in anything... except maybe Mundine... but Lleyton makes it hard to be disappointed when he loses.

spotlight boys in fantastic form yet again this morning!

flipping great show:thumbsu:

7 or 8 years ago i might have found his petulance slightly amusing because of his "schoolboy" enthusiasm but we tend to forget he's now married with a kid and not that naughty little shit we always thought he was.
grow up lleyton, the act is wearing thin. put that energy into winning a match.

Yeah, Ed has hosted the superbowl on SBS for about 7-8 years now and i'm preety sure Steve featured in a Rove Live commercial last year.

from what I have heard, Ed will be hosting the coverage here in Australia and Steve will be the reporter on the spot at the superbowl (lucky guy)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't hate Hewitt. But I used to really enjoy watching him because of his playing style, but he has lost his edge it was no fluke him being world's #1 player for a year. I watch him now and he is a shadow of his former self. I'm one of these people who has little interest in what they do outside the sporting field at least not in a negative sense.

I actually like Mundine because of how he opens his mouth just to get his name out there and to promote a fight probably because he reminds me of a classic wrestling heel (i.e. a bad guy). I just laugh my ass off when Mundine says something stupid and it gets people angry. He's like a troll.

Speaking of wrestling, what happened to the wrestling show? Wasn't a big fan of it basically because they had an Aussie wrestler on it who would stay in character but then go into the ins and outs of the business when discussing anything overseas, he couldn't decide whether or not to keep kayfabe.

7 or 8 years ago i might have found his petulance slightly amusing because of his "schoolboy" enthusiasm but we tend to forget he's now married with a kid and not that naughty little shit we always thought he was.
grow up lleyton, the act is wearing thin. put that energy into winning a match.

I think most people's ambiguous feelings on Hewitt were summed up succinctly by David Tench when he interviewed Pat Rafter:

"You're happy to see him win because he's Australian,and you're happy to see him lose because he's a nob"

I think most people's ambiguous feelings on Hewitt were summed up succinctly by David Tench when he interviewed Pat Rafter:

"You're happy to see him win because he's Australian,and you're happy to see him lose because he's a nob"

Totally agree. But It would be nice to see an australian win the australian open, even though it's not gonna happen.

An issue I have with SEN is presenters that ask quiz questions where it is blatantly obvious they have no idea about the person or subject relating to that question.

Worst offenders are Kevin Hillier (who clearly lacks basic general sports knowledge and this shines through when he takes talkback) and Brett Phillips.

Brett Phillips has a really good knowledge of all sports...

Who is Kevin Hillier and when is he on?

-Ben

Anyone know why SEN are not doing tonights 20 20 final VIcs and WA?
They did the semi final so not sure why they wouldnt do this game tonight !

You might have been glad to hear him but I can tell you there are some very pissed off people at SEN who are asking why he was given the role.
1.He is technically part of the opposition calls footy for the 3AW group even though you dont hear him in Melbourne still the same company
2.Plenty of experienced and not so experienced at SEN that would have done the job next to Huddo .
3.Loyalty - you have plenty of potential commentators that could have done the same job-deserve the chance that have been working at SEN for years and yet they ask Smokey Dawson to come on board .

Maybe the station doesnt think some of those who you say are angry are up to commentating the cricket.
I enjoyed Huddo and the ones they had on the other night at the mcg.
Maybe the station thinks it needs to look elsewhere as it doesnt have good cricket commentators

Anyone know why SEN are not doing tonights 20 20 final VIcs and WA?
They did the semi final so not sure why they wouldnt do this game tonight !

Dunno, but they said from day one that they were doing the two Aussie games and the two home Vic games.

The Twenty 20 comp doesn't have semis, you might be thinking of the last home game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back