The SEN Thread 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The SEN Thread

Bit unprofessional dont you think with Vics in the final I would have listened as I am not at home tonight to watch the foxsports
When the AFL is in WA or the A league is in Newcastle they have it on so why is this different if they are a sports radio station ?

You cannot call Sen professional
They dont reply to emails from listeners , they allow the staff to tell the mgt if they feel like working , they dont pay some of their overnight staff .their website cannot spell employee surnames .
They are far from professional

So All night sport is going back to normal tonight?

I thought they may have had to cut back to 1 host, if they werent making money... Being held to ransom by management.... I hope thats not the case, cause last nights show was just replays with introductions, 99% the same.

Were they not held to ransom by having to sell memberships .
It was posted here and I heard them saying a few mornings around 5am that they were for sale for $100 a listener.
Does anyone know what was the final membership figure for the overnight club for 2007 ?

Yeah I have never heard them talking about memberships at all....

Are they still going ahead???

-Ben

They dont reply to emails from listeners , they allow the staff to tell the mgt if they feel like working , they dont pay some of their overnight staff .their website cannot spell employee surnames .

I have sent emails and Doran emailed me back (I wish he didn't) once and that American guy (he posts here right?) Steve Salisbury emailed me back when I emailed them because I never miss a chance to mention the punk rock band Bad Religion (they were asking what college would you like to play for and I said UCLA because lead singer Greg Graffin is a proffesor of life sciences and teaches there). He asked me whether I was the punter there? That was weird :confused:

This is the cold hard truth. You only have to listen to Internet sports radio hosts like Jim Rome (3 and a half hours plus a daily TV show on ESPN) or Colin Cowherd (ESPN), to hear how pros do it. The SEN on-air staff like "Dopey" Doran are just simply poorly prepared and seem to wing it based pretty much on the daily newspaper topics.

I'm not talking about financing, either. It's up to the individual host to prepare and do research. At least Wyatt and Salisbury work the Internet and ESPN TV to get access to info and be accurate. The closest thing to a monolgue on a sports topic is KB's "That's my take," which is about, like, three or four sentences. Maybe.

I think most of them are just happy to get free entry to sports events and not having to get a normal job. The Morning Glory show I listed to for the first time in several months was mostly pointless filler around the Brownless blokey routine (he wasn't there, but was at the tennis last night; had me in stitches:rolleyes:). Check out how long it takes from the beginning of each half-hourly news update until MG actually gets back on a topic or interview someone. Yes, it's called filler.

I still can't get over the amateurish, non-informative website. Sheez, get some kids after school to do something, couldn't be any worse.

How I miss Bruce Eva.:(

I agree with the above.... Although do you think we're being too greedy knowing a fairly good sports radio station is 1000000 times better than 3AW.

I've picked my battles on this thread and don't listen to the programs I dont like. I listen to Finey, Franka/BP/James, and the run home. Dont bother with the early stuff.

The gang that is behind the overnight show is an organisation within itself so that explains why a lot of people including yourself think that some on All Night Sport are not paid.

They have their own revenue and income streams that are different to the station.

Yeah I have never heard them talking about memberships at all....

Are they still going ahead???

-Ben

Yes they are.

Brett Phillips sent me an e-mail regarding the memberships the other day but didn't include any membership figures and other related information.

Is anyone on here a member?

wasn't there a draw the other night for the members.

i think there were 17 that went into the draw from memory. not sure what the prize was.

bring on dimmy from thomastown v billy from west heidelberg though :thumbsu:

I'd buy a membership if Billy was set a quota of 2 calls per week.

Even that would be tough to endure.

Can't he even pretend that he graduated from primary school?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wasn't there a draw the other night for the members.

i think there were 17 that went into the draw from memory. not sure what the prize was.

bring on dimmy from thomastown v billy from west heidelberg though :thumbsu:

Yes there was a draw and I can't remember what the prize was.

I am looking forward to the battle between those two as well.

Well done to Mark Doran.

Neil Mitchell on 3AW was trying all morning and bitching because he couldn't get any Vic Police members on to talk to him. Then come midday and I switch to SEN and theres Marky talking to the Victoria Police about the incident at the tennis.

Well done to Mark Doran.

Neil Mitchell on 3AW was trying all morning and bitching because he couldn't get any Vic Police members on to talk to him. Then come midday and I switch to SEN and theres Marky talking to the Victoria Police about the incident at the tennis.

I think the Kudos should be given to his producer.
Mark Doran wouldn't get the people on his program he may say to his producer do you think you could get this person on but not get them himself.

-Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back