Radio The SEN Thread 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The work experience kids yesterday forgot to flick the switch to get the online streaming back on.

On the web, there is still just a recorded message saying to go to the AFL website to listen to the live coverage of the footy.

The work experience kids yesterday forgot to flick the switch to get the online streaming back on.

On the web, there is still just a recorded message saying to go to the AFL website to listen to the live coverage of the footy.

That doesn't suprise me at all.

The current SEN website is what you would expect from a community radio stations website.

Doran showed his lack of knowledge in of the entertainment world yesterday as well. He has been talking about Heath Ledgers win, then about 15 minutes later he said that Kate Winslet had won best actress and it was another win for us.

Doran showed his lack of knowledge in of the entertainment world yesterday as well. He has been talking about Heath Ledgers win, then about 15 minutes later he said that Kate Winslet had won best actress and it was another win for us.

Its an easy mistake to make, as she did a pretty convincing Aussie accent in the movie Holy Smoke, surely enough for her to be considered one of us.:eek:

What were Maher and Watson on this morning?

I heard them ask a caller who they thought would get more spectators, NAB Cup tomorrow or Victory on Saturday. The caller said NAB Cup, and they both thoroughly agreed.

I've heard many times on SEN in the last few days that the Victory match was going to sell out today. They also said that they might get as high as 40,000 for the NAB game tomorrow night.

What were Maher and Watson on this morning?

I heard them ask a caller who they thought would get more spectators, NAB Cup tomorrow or Victory on Saturday. The caller said NAB Cup, and they both thoroughly agreed.

I've heard many times on SEN in the last few days that the Victory match was going to sell out today. They also said that they might get as high as 40,000 for the NAB game tomorrow night.

shhh, its the afl vs soccer debate again. when times are tough and quiet that old chestnut is unleashed.

Manbearpig, have a look at who you're talking about. Even though Billy is gone, they're still a bunch of clowns.

Tim Watson was going on about how the countdown clock helped his experience of watching the West Coast vs Sydney Grand Final so much better until Maher pointed out that Ch10 telecasted both games and they use the other clock for the last 5 mins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MG has improved immensely since Billy left.

Sure they still make a few errors but it seems to run much smoothly now and both hosts jell with each other nicely.

I also like how they have a guest host once or twice a week, eg Simon Marshall today.

Breaks it up a bit.

Are SEN now going to cover the A-League GF now that the Coll/Rich game is on Thursday night and the Port/Geel game on saturday will be finished before the A-League GF starts ?

I think that the ox or someone said that they would be able to broadcast the soccer final now that there is no clash.

MG has improved immensely since Billy left.

Sure they still make a few errors but it seems to run much smoothly now and both hosts jell with each other nicely.

I also like how they have a guest host once or twice a week, eg Simon Marshall today.

Breaks it up a bit.

I think they are missing a connection with the talkback callers that Billy used to bring to the table.

One of the joys of listening to MG in the early days was the regular callers like Jason from Boronia, Marcella, Ivy, her daughter Judy, Pete the Cabbie, Dancing George, and who could forget Shah from Sunshine and his claims he could bowl over 150km/h.

Maher and Watson just don't seem to have a connection with their listeners like they used to with Billy.

I never though I'd be saying this but... Bring Back Doran!!!

Schibecci is butchering an interview with someone from the WRFL umpires association...
Why is this even being discussed? no one could give a rats ass and you would have thought Tony would have been more across the specific details about what the issues are, which sound like a crock of sh1t anyway.

I never though I'd be saying this but... Bring Back Doran!!!

Schibecci is butchering an interview with someone from the WRFL umpires association...
Why is this even being discussed? no one could give a rats ass and you would have thought Tony would have been more across the specific details about what the issues are, which sound like a crock of sh1t anyway.

That was one of the worst interviews I have ever heard.

One of the joys of listening to MG in the early days was the regular callers like Jason from Boronia, Marcella, Ivy, her daughter Judy, Pete the Cabbie, Dancing George, and who could forget Shah from Sunshine and his claims he could bowl over 150km/h.

Maher and Watson just don't seem to have a connection with their listeners like they used to with Billy.

I might be the only one that gets sick and tired of hearing the same idiots ring up radio stations time and time again. Why would I be interested in hearing the same opinions from a small number of people? Take Jim from Hawthorn and Billy from wherever he is now, you just can't escape these idiots. SEN, 3AW, Sport 927. It's bad enough they get through to one station repeatedly, but every station?

Haven't cared much for repeat callers since Wayne from St. Albans.

Eddie is on Morning Glory tomorrow, I don't expect much in the way fireworks that other pies supporters seem to be waiting for as Ed has a finger in the SEN pie these days.

I think they are missing a connection with the talkback callers that Billy used to bring to the table.

dont mind the ones above, used to think pete the cabbie or pete from werribee or bananaman or whatever the tosser calls himself was a nob.
if you listen carefully, there is an ad on sen now for, i think vip or jims or something and the guy who says he owns a franchise is named shah, i instantly thought of the fast bowler myself.

I might be the only one that gets sick and tired of hearing the same idiots ring up radio stations time and time again. Why would I be interested in hearing the same opinions from a small number of people? Take Jim from Hawthorn and Billy from wherever he is now, you just can't escape these idiots. SEN, 3AW, Sport 927. It's bad enough they get through to one station repeatedly, but every station?

Haven't cared much for repeat callers since Wayne from St. Albans.

jim from hawthorn's a deadset ****wit. can't stand listening to this w***er. i rang up the soapbox to bag him about one of his stupid harebrained ideas and the little twat rang back and unleashed a tirade for about 5 minutes. you're a knob jim.

wayne from st albans, i miss the old d-gen days on mmm. it was santo cilauro if i remember correctly.

dont mind the ones above, used to think pete the cabbie or pete from werribee or bananaman or whatever the tosser calls himself was a nob.
if you listen carefully, there is an ad on sen now for, i think vip or jims or something and the guy who says he owns a franchise is named shah, i instantly thought of the fast bowler myself.

The whole Shah from Sunshine saga was classic. Claimed he could bowl over 150 km/h. On the day of the bowl off, he barely managed to clock over 110. He was a good sport about it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back