Radio The SEN Thread 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Vic open Hey,Hmmm massive . Gee could have 3 people interested there!

So firstly you complain there is no live sport and lots of replayed interviews. SEN then broadcast the Vic Open golf and Womens tennis on the weekend and now you complain about that as well on the basis that no-one will listen to it. Something I have been trying to tell you for nearly two weeks now.....:rolleyes:

What exactly do you want from SEN ?
Big question with the Aussies playing a couple of tests in NZ will ''Melbourne's home of sport'' broadcast it? Only on Foxtel . No excuse

Of course there are excuses.

1. There is the small matter of broadcast rights which you seemingly have no idea about..
2. NZ is 3 hours in front of Australia so the tests would begin at 8am and finish at 3pm - so MG, KB and Harford would all have their shows scrapped for 5 days.

So firstly you complain there is no live sport and lots of replayed interviews. SEN then broadcast the Vic Open golf and Womens tennis on the weekend and now you complain about that as well on the basis that no-one will listen to it. Something I have been trying to tell you for nearly two weeks now.....:rolleyes:

What exactly do you want from SEN ?

Of course there are excuses.

1. There is the small matter of broadcast rights which you seemingly have no idea about..
2. NZ is 3 hours in front of Australia so the tests would begin at 8am and finish at 3pm - so MG, KB and Harford would all have their shows scrapped for 5 days.

Nobody would listen to the Vic Open because NOBODY IS INTERESTED! The station has been penny pinching for a while now EVERYONE ON HERE sees it but one person is defending the indefensible.:rolleyes:

Nobody would listen to the Vic Open because NOBODY IS INTERESTED!

I agree.

However, you are the one that has been constantly whingeing about SEN not playing live sport. Yet when they do, you still whinge.

They just can't win.

What do you want from them ?

I agree.

However, you are the one that has been constantly whingeing about SEN not playing live sport. Yet when they do, you still whinge.

They just can't win.

What do you want from them ?

I would just like them to cover sports like The Big bash, A-league football which Joe Public is more likely to be interested in than resort to endless quizzes,bits and pieces of tennis matches. Mindless talk back topics. We'll just agree to disagree Daytripper? P.S these are sports that the SEN demographic is interested in and let's be honest if the ABCwith it's dwindling budget can afford to cover then SEN should be covering these sports THE END

I would just like them to cover sports like The Big bash, A-league football which Joe Public is more likely to be interested in than resort to endless quizzes,bits and pieces of tennis matches. Mindless talk back topics. We'll just agree to disagree Daytripper? P.S these are sports that the SEN demographic is interested in and let's be honest if the ABCwith it's dwindling budget can afford to cover then SEN should be covering these sports THE END

The ABC is a non commercial radio station. Comparing it to SEN is like comparing apples with oranges.

SEN don't have the rights to the Big Bash but I'm sure they will have a crack it again next year. Soccer is not viable commercially which I have have explained to you numerous times.

You posted earlier that you wanted tennis on SEN and now when they play it you say that the SEN demographic is not interested in it.

FFS make up your mind.

My guess is that you did not watch the Henin-Clijsters match, because if you had, there is no chance that you would describe it as second rate.

We were riveted by this match!....listening to SEN's coverage of the game was fantastic, they built up the tension and excitement brilliantly....ch7 were on delay (surprise, surprise!!) so to be able to hear it live, was just what I would expect from a sport station..:thumbsu:

Tennis is a decent sport to watch on Telly (within small doses, cannot stand to watch more then an hour or two at a time) but it's dreadful and terrible listening to it on the radio, same with Motor Sport etc.

Can't blame SEN for wanting to try new things, but I guess if the ratings go down, they will get scrapped.

Hey Celtic you should have called in a given him the full rounds of the kitchen! Seriously he is the biggest hypocrite,not a murmur about Lovett and yet lays the boots in to every other Football side. What about his idiotic comment on Aaron Hamill being a ''champion'! Almost as bad as his backing of Stkilda getting the services of Nathan Carroll a few years back. The other overnight guy just relates every Football story to somehow include Stkilda.

Yes well people who ring up and disagree with him can't get an word in 'edgeways' ...

I also get annoyed when he brings in his non-sport related beefs to the show, such as his offence at those people who held a rave at Albert Park lake a weekend or two ago ...

Yes well people who ring up and disagree with him can't get an word in 'edgeways' ...

I also get annoyed when he brings in his non-sport related beefs to the show, such as his offence at those people who held a rave at Albert Park lake a weekend or two ago ...

i tried to get a word in when he was banging on hysterically about the world cup bid and ''The city will be closed down'' rhetoric and his scaremongering drivel he was speaking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ABC is a non commercial radio station. Comparing it to SEN is like comparing apples with oranges.

SEN don't have the rights to the Big Bash but I'm sure they will have a crack it again next year. Soccer is not viable commercially which I have have explained to you numerous times.

You posted earlier that you wanted tennis on SEN and now when they play it you say that the SEN demographic is not interested in it.

FFS make up your mind.

I never said anything regarding tennis. They actually advertised that they would be covering the Australian Open. Obviously not going to happen

We have to put up with a second rate womens tennis match. .
I agree, somewhat. I reckon someone would have to be a pretty serious tennis fan to wanna listen to a game of that level on radio. I mean, tennis on radio? Crikey! Fair enough, I guess, if it's the Aus Open Finals, but anything else? Spare me. :D "Backhand, forehand, backhand cross-court, forehand down the line, forehad, backoud, out. Fifteen love." Boring :)

I'd rather listen to dopey footy fans ring up with rumours or complaints about their clubs.

I agree, somewhat. I reckon someone would have to be a pretty serious tennis fan to wanna listen to a game of that level on radio. I mean, tennis on radio? Crikey! Fair enough, I guess, if it's the Aus Open Finals, but anything else? Spare me. :D "Backhand, forehand, backhand cross-court, forehand down the line, forehad, backoud, out. Fifteen love." Boring :)

How is it any worse than cricket on the radio.

Asif runs in and Ponting leaves it.
(Kerry tells another stupid story)
In comes Asif and Punting block it
Asif bowls a short one and Ponting cuts it for a single

I'd rather listen to dopey footy fans ring up with rumours or complaints about their clubs.

Surely you are not serious. I am sick of people complaining when other sports get a go on SEN. Oh please SEN, can you become a 24/7 Football station, where you talk nothing but AFL for 24 hours a day, every day, for 365 days a year. We get decent amount of coverage for tennis for 1 month a year, for those of us who actually like the sport, how bout you give it a go. Or you can switch off SEN for a month during January if it bores you that much. And it isn't as if it's wall to wall coverage of the tennis. They still discuss plenty else, including 'football updates.'

Surely you are not serious. I am sick of people complaining when other sports get a go on SEN. .'
That wasn't my point. I'm not a 'footy-only' guy at all. Perhaps I used a poor example of content, so I'll try again: I'd rather listen to dopey talkback callers moaning about anything -- say, tennis -- than ball-by-ball tennis radio calling. I like a bit of tennis, but I reckon play-by-play radio commentary on radio doesn't work. It's too frantic, so it doesn't make sense and just sounds silly.

LOL, bit like Maxy Walker describing someone running in to bowl...

"Its called bowling Max you dick head".

Dear SEN,

i love the following sports:

footy
soccer
cricket
tennis
horce racing
basketball
US sports
athletics
swimming
league
union
badminton
table tennis
triathlons
biathlons
cycling

However, I hate it when you give too much coverage to the following:

footy
soccer
cricket
tennis
horce racing
basketball
US sports
athletics
swimming
league
union
badminton
table tennis
triathlons
biathlons
cycling

So please give some more coverage to the following:

footy
soccer
cricket
tennis
horce racing
basketball
US sports
athletics
swimming
league
union
badminton
table tennis
triathlons
biathlons
cycling

Keep up the good work (except for playing too much of some sports)

Regards

avid listener.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back