Radio The SEN Thread 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I would think Newk would be expected to know the answer to that question even more than Harf, so if he didn't know, bit tough to criticise Harf for not knowing..

Well, I would think Newk would be expected to know the answer to that question even more than Harf, so if he didn't know, bit tough to criticise Harf for not knowing..

Even i knew that and I don't really follow tennis. Harford shouldve known considering she is an aussie and Williams is one of the biggest names in tennis.

Harford does not like tennis at all. Cos I love my tennis, and have listened to both casual fridays and the on the rise program over the years, it has come through very clearly that he has no interest in the sport and he has very little knowledge of it also.

Harford does not like tennis at all. Cos I love my tennis, and have listened to both casual fridays and the on the rise program over the years, it has come through very clearly that he has no interest in the sport and he has very little knowledge of it also.

90% of the sporting loving population have no interest in tennis either except for two weeks of the year.

90% of the sporting loving population have no interest in tennis either except for two weeks of the year.
Not sure if that's true, but you could say the same about horse racing.

I guess the issue is that we are in those two weeks of the year.

God, some of you people are very very hard to please and love to complain about any little thing!........overall, SEN is a fantastic station, we seem to be past the worst part (replays)..

I think they are doing a fantastic job of the tennis, and as a sports station, its what I expect from them....the horse racing is just enough to know what won and when...so thats good..

None of them will be perfect, but they do a far better job than you or I would do..

Give it a rest guys, becomes a bit monotenous after a while..

p.s.....great to hear Ed Whyatt with Harf today:thumbsu:

Tracy Austin was on MG this morning and 'You Blokes' said to her... with 11 grand slam titles Serena would just about be the greatest female player ever. Austin then talked about Steffi Graf who had won 22... the reaction was priceless and Watson and Gaze didn't let 'You Blokes' forget how stupid he sounded.

Tracy Austin was on MG this morning and 'You Blokes' said to her... with 11 grand slam titles Serena would just about be the greatest female player ever. Austin then talked about Steffi Graf who had won 22... the reaction was priceless and Watson and Gaze didn't let 'You Blokes' forget how stupid he sounded.

that was funny. although very cringeworthy at the same time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turfology I, 2010

It is that fine line between representing somebody and pimping for them
- on Hutchy representing Tiger Woods’ hussy, Jamie Jungers.

Has that pig no shame?
- On Paris Hilton’s revelation that she and her boyfriend share their bed with a pet miniature pig.

It so up to date because I was playing the Wii golf one and I was playing against Tiger and he actually stopped playing and shagged a girl in the crowd
- On the up-to-date technology of the Wii games.

Each of her legs looks like a jockey
- On Serena Williams allegedly weighing 68 kilos.

Would Tommy Haas ever become popular enough to become rhyming slang?
- Turfology musing

Listen, there’s a tad more reality about Home and Away than there is about Today Tonight
- On Pickers understanding why Channel Seven shows Today Tonight but not why they show Home and Away before the night session tennis.

It’s a fraud. It’s an absolute fraud. It’s political correctness gone mad
- On women tennis players getting the same prize money as the men.

They get a Nobel prize for sport when they hold serve
- On the women’s game again.

Critiquing the Critics

One of the great cricket journalists of the world, Rebecca, too; that’s very important to get her thoughts on that particular deal there
- Waxing rhetorically on the Adelaide Advertiser's Rebecca Wilson article, “I Was Wrong About Shane Watson.”

Don’t worry about valium and sleeping tablets, you just listen to John Alexander for ten or fifteen minutes - I’m in la-la land. It is quite possible he’s the worst commentator in world sport. I mean that. He kills any excitement out of any tennis game. And he tries to match wits with Jim Courier. It’s like someone from Mensa and an imbecile. He’s the worst. He’s the worst sporting commentator in the world
- On tennis commentator John Alexander.

I thought he was terrific. He was refreshing; anybody that takes the place of John Alexander, to me, is refreshing
On Henri Leconte’s commentary.

Turfy and His 2010 Dees - Volume 1
(7 and 37 in the Beetle Bailey era):rolleyes:

Oh, round one … oh great facetious one. You just wait - round one!
- On Schwatta looking forward to Melbourne going into a game wanting to win one.

No, I don’t think so. Ever! Not in my life. I’m really looking forward to it
- On whether he’s ever been looking forward to a year more than 2010?

I would hope Melbourne coming from sixteenth that they can climb the most places on the ladder. … I would love them to win nine games
- On this year’s biggest AFL improver

The tennis has been pretty good :thumbsu:

How did SEN get the rights for it? If they had them all along they should of done some earlier matches aswell.

This is what we are talking about re - live sport. Its what SEN has to be about.

sen stands for afl?

You cant seriously believe SEN would exist without AFL can you? Even now the rumours still persist that the SEN frequency will be the one used for the new talk back station. Its ratings are just passable in the ratings season, and off season it plummets massively. That’s the reason they have to keep the AFL content up as much as possible.

You cant seriously believe SEN would exist without AFL can you? Even now the rumours still persist that the SEN frequency will be the one used for the new talk back station. Its ratings are just passable in the ratings season, and off season it plummets massively. That’s the reason they have to keep the AFL content up as much as possible.

not sure where i said SEN would survive without afl talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back