Radio The SEN Thread 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do people think of the Fight Night show on All Night Appetite?

I had a listen to it the other night and its not bad, i think the wrestling segment would be the most popular as there are alot of wrestling fans in Melbourne and you could tell by all the sms's coming in.

SEN broadcast the 20-20 big bash matches that were played in melbourne last season, so I'm not sure why they aren't this year. They did bid for the international summer cricket broadcast rights, but Cricket Australia decided to keep it soley with the ABC for some reason. I doubt they could do the NZ matches either, because it would clash with the AFL NAB Cup. I am a big wrestling fan, been meaning to check out that new show, any good?

SEN broadcast the 20-20 big bash matches that were played in melbourne last season, so I'm not sure why they aren't this year. They did bid for the international summer cricket broadcast rights, but Cricket Australia decided to keep it soley with the ABC for some reason. I doubt they could do the NZ matches either, because it would clash with the AFL NAB Cup. I am a big wrestling fan, been meaning to check out that new show, any good?
Seriuosly don't go there matey you'll get some RMIT 3rd year marketing lecture on Commercial viability or appeal to demographic they're after. Just enjoy a couple of minutes of an internet broadcast of a tennis match and shut up

What do people think of the Fight Night show on All Night Appetite?

I had a listen to it the other night and its not bad, i think the wrestling segment would be the most popular as there are alot of wrestling fans in Melbourne and you could tell by all the sms's coming in.

Yep love the show.

Christian knows his MMA :thumbsu:

Can we make some points clear that nobody expects SEN to broadcast EVERY SPORT! What irks 99% of us is that they do not BROADCAST ANYTHING besides AFL and still run with the Misnoma that they are Melbournes home of sport. Unfortunately a potentialy promising foray has descended into a complete farce.I just ask why they wouldn't broadcast the increasingly popular "Big Bash''[record crowds and immense interest]Surely to christ asponsor or two extra could be gained from this

You don't speak for 99% of sen listners unless 99% of sen listners are tiresome whingers who bitch about a station nonstop instead of changing the dial.

I agree.

However, you are the one that has been constantly whingeing about SEN not playing live sport. Yet when they do, you still whinge.

They just can't win.

What do you want from them ?

I think he just likes to whinge. Can't understand why someone who dislikes the station so much doesn't turn it off and buy himself an ipod.:D

Peakey seems to be funnier when there's 3 or 4 of them in the studio.
When it's just him and that Howard bloke, I reckon it's a little more pedestrian.

I'm normally working when hes on but Peaky makes me laugh and at least he's got something to say. I sent in a abusive sms to him when he was rabbiting on about the world cup bid and to give him credit he read it out.

What irks 99% of us is that they do not BROADCAST ANYTHING besides AFL and still run with the Misnoma that they are Melbournes home of sport.

Seriously you are a tool. If it wasn’t for AFL, SEN wouldn’t exist. The ratings for the station post AFL season is pathetic. FACT - Melbournians WANT/NEED massive daily doses of AFL (and yes you are on a AFL bases forum) so get off your high horse just accept the majority find tennis and other sports just a temporary filler for a real game

What they seem to be trying to do is copy what ABC Grandstand have done for years during the summer (when there are no test matches on) - have a studio coordinator and take bits and pieces of sport live as it happens from various venues. Listened to a bit today, and it was basically Matt Thompson throwing to the tennis updates, to the races and to the cricket updates. With a bit of talkback in between.

In terms of the racing coverage, I'm not a huge Bryan Martin fan, but he adds credibility to their racing coverage. Same with Smokie Dawson doing the cricket. I know horse racing isn't everybody's cup of tea, but it doesn't require a long time commitment (I guess 5 minutes per race).

Anyone hear Mutt Thompson talking tennis with KB this morning? At one point he tripped up and called Peter Luczak "Peter Like-sh1t". Could be the first thing he's got right in his time on the station.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everything old is new again with Nicole Livingstone in the studio for an hour from 3pm just like she was when Leach was hosting afternoons.
Harford had the nerve to call it a “great initiative.”
Nothing’s changed though – she’s still a bland bore.

I thought Nicole was terrific.....I used to enjoy listening to her when she was on with Francis (so to speak;))....I was rapt to hear her back again..

Hope it becomes a regular spot..

I thought Nicole was terrific.....I used to enjoy listening to her when she was on with Francis (so to speak;))....I was rapt to hear her back again..

This!
I thought she was great a few years ago and is a great addition

And Mark Allan on today between 3 and 4 with Harford. Wonder if they are going to have someone different for each day of the week

The part time hosts (Allan & Livingston, etc) might not be everyone's cup of tea but its good to see they are trying a few different things in the afternoon slot.

Its almost impossible for a host to do a 4 hour show Monday to Friday on his own without getting stale.

Seriously you are a tool. If it wasn’t for AFL, SEN wouldn’t exist. The ratings for the station post AFL season is pathetic. FACT - Melbournians WANT/NEED massive daily doses of AFL (and yes you are on a AFL bases forum) so get off your high horse just accept the majority find tennis and other sports just a temporary filler for a real game

Ouch that hurts! No need to get personal:rolleyes:

You don't speak for 99% of sen listners unless 99% of sen listners are tiresome whingers who bitch about a station nonstop instead of changing the dial.

I think he just likes to whinge. Can't understand why someone who dislikes the station so much doesn't turn it off and buy himself an ipod.:D

I'm normally working when hes on but Peaky makes me laugh and at least he's got something to say. I sent in a abusive sms to him when he was rabbiting on about the world cup bid and to give him credit he read it out.

I think most people don't listen anyway or have turned away to MMM! I just think that if you dilute your product like they have you will lose listeners. I apologise for whinging to much,I'd just love to see the station do well .

Heard a bit of Nicole on Monday she comes across as down to earth and has good general sporting knowledge!

Is Harford on a fixed wage, or is he payed according to the number of times he can say "Matty" in the 2pm news hour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back