10k Posts
Apr 27, 2005
8th place
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Ham, Tony Pulis hat
The Summer transfer rumour thread

First page will be left for completeted deals Ill have Serie A, La Liga as a whole and ill track each clubs completed transfers in the EPL

Serie A
Juventus - Diego (Werder Bremen) - 20.8 million
Juventus - Fabio Cannavarro (Real Madrid) - Free
Diego Milito (Genoa) to Inter Milan.
Thiago Motta (Genoa) to Inter Milan.
Fabio Quagliarella (Udinese) to Napoli

La Liga/Other
Sami Hyypia (Liverpool) to Bayer Leverkusen.

EPL
Portsmouth - Aaron Mokoena (Blackburn) - Free
Blackburn - Elrio Van Heerden (Brugge) - Free
Birmingham City - Christian Benetiz - 6.8 mill

• Banned
As far as my club goes most of the rumors circle around Luca Neills contract negotiations. He wants a 2 year deal on around 40k before he heads home. We are offering that with a one year deal, a 2nd year if certain clauses are met (I gues appearance based). Neill wants to stay but he wants that 2nd year guaranteed. A bit of media talk from both sides, with Olympiakos and Aston Villa being the only two teams showing any real interest. He had his best year in a looong time so id actually be upset if he goes, however replacing him shouldnt be too tough. Someone with more pace would be lovely

In some other shocking news, Real Madrid havnt made Julien Fauberts loan move permanent. Still, should add a extra 2 mill on his sale price when we flog him off to Serie A or back to Lyon. No idea who we will buy or what we will spend. All depends on the takeover or non takeover of the club in the coming weeks

Big rumor that wont go away is Michal Owen to Everton. With Saha and Owen the medicos down at Goodison Park are gonna have there work cut out for them but on a free transfer at wages of 40-50k its worh the risk even if he is a insufferable twat.

• Banned
you said he was the worst striker in the premiership, yet it's a risk worth taking?

makes no sense whatsoever.

owen is no good anymore. he offers no value.

Shhh, im just trying to cheer the Everton fans here up. They are a good bunch but in reality its a idiotic signing. Hes not better than Saha. Never has or will be. They need another pacey striker but youd be better off signing a young talent instead of more hasbeens

Shhh, im just trying to cheer the Everton fans here up. They are a good bunch but in reality its a idiotic signing. Hes not better than Saha. Never has or will be. They need another pacey striker but youd be better off signing a young talent instead of more hasbeens
90% of Villa fans strongly oppose going for Owen.

Which isn't enough of them really.

He doesn't contribute anything in terms of build up play and he's lost leg speed as well.

you won't get much out of him. and that includes goals.

he just isn't a threat anymore. not even close to being one actually.

• Banned
Other rumors. Ancelotti given 50 mill with a striker and RW the top of his priorities. Hes a smart man by the looks of it :thumbsu:

Tottenham to go on a selling spree. Pavlyvchenko, O Hara, Huddlestone, Zokora, Bentley, Bent amongst others up for sale. Wouldnt surprise me if they pull in 50 or so mill from that lot and leave themselves with about 30 to spend once all debts are erased.

West Ham are trying to sign Boros Matthew Bates on a free transfer. Havnt particularly noticed him but the fact hes had 3 knee recos hardly makes me jump for joy. A handy bench player at best I think

Arsenal still not trying to sign established superstars. Faubert is french Aussie Gun....

90% of Villa fans strongly oppose going for Owen.

Which isn't enough of them really.

He doesn't contribute anything in terms of build up play and he's lost leg speed as well.

you won't get much out of him. and that includes goals.

he just isn't a threat anymore. not even close to being one actually.

Your preaching to the choir here man. Hes deplorable but fact of the matter is he will get a 40-50k contract at a EPL club (hopefully not mine) and alot of playing minutes to boot. If you changed his name from Michael Owen to Michael James he would be a nobody really based on recent performances. League One standard.

Villa dont look like they will be splashign the cash oddly enough. They are gonna fall behind if they arnt spending a min 20 mill on improving the squad especially in depth

Your preaching to the choir here man. Hes deplorable but fact of the matter is he will get a 40-50k contract at a EPL club (hopefully not mine) and alot of playing minutes to boot. If you changed his name from Michael Owen to Michael James he would be a nobody really based on recent performances. League One standard.

Villa dont look like they will be splashign the cash oddly enough. They are gonna fall behind if they arnt spending a min 20 mill on improving the squad especially in depth

Well, they have to replace Laursen for a start. So they need to spend up on a quality central defender/someone with leadership qualities if Gaz Baz goes bye-bye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zhirkov (pronouced Jerkoff :D) is going to be awesome for Chelsea. Cost about 18m - but worth it IMO.

In Liverpool news - our budget consists of a piece of string, some old chewing gum, and a voucher for one Texan rodeo performance by fat **** Hicks :rolleyes:

So we'll be selling our player of the season by so far it's laughable, replacing him with a cheaper, ridiculously inferior central midfield player and some D-grade gobshite striker from Brazil.

Oh, goody. :rolleyes:

The slide back into mid-table irrelevance and eventual relegation and bankruptcy to commence next season. Awesome. :rolleyes:

Zhirkov (pronouced Jerkoff :D) is going to be awesome for Chelsea. Cost about 18m - but worth it IMO.

In Liverpool news - our budget consists of a piece of string, some old chewing gum, and a voucher for one Texan rodeo performance by fat **** Hicks :rolleyes:

So we'll be selling our player of the season by so far it's laughable, replacing him with a cheaper, ridiculously inferior central midfield player and some D-grade gobshite striker from Brazil.

Oh, goody. :rolleyes:

The slide back into mid-table irrelevance and eventual relegation and bankruptcy to commence next season. Awesome. :rolleyes:

Zhirkov will be just about the most pointless transfers of all time. Hes good but come on. Ashley Cole and Florent Malouda are beginning to create a formidable if not the best left side in the world and they are gonna break that up. I personally wouldnt give Zhirkov a game ahead of either Cole or Malouda and the transfer for me only make sense if hes a right footed extraordinaire but hasnt shown it yet. Send him to Barca.

Zhirkov will be just about the most pointless transfers of all time. Hes good but come on. Ashley Cole and Florent Malouda are beginning to create a formidable if not the best left side in the world and they are gonna break that up. I personally wouldnt give Zhirkov a game ahead of either Cole or Malouda and the transfer for me only make sense if hes a right footed extraordinaire but hasnt shown it yet. Send him to Barca.

Having watched a fair bit of him Zhirkov is much, much better than Malouda IMO.

Having watched a fair bit of him Zhirkov is much, much better than Malouda IMO.

Id say he is slightly better from what ive seen. I rate Malouda highly and his FA Cup Final game showed us what hes capable of. He and Cole have a real understanding now and for me getting Zhirkov a slight if any upgrade. Given the form of the left side I wouldnt trade either for Zhirkov. For me its like buying a Ferrari and living in a cardboard box. Chelsea are trying to buy a 2nd Ferrari when they are better off fixing up other parts ie. the RW situation

We've been linked with moves for:
Gignac (Top scorer in the French League)
Aliadiere
Mbokoani
Felipe Lopes (Obscure brazillian left back)
Jamie O'Hara
Huddlestone
Downing

And just about everyone else. Would be amazed if we signed Gignac, never seen him play but it would be a great display of ambition.

Here's some to put on the OP:

Diego Milito (Genoa) to Inter Milan.
Thiago Motta (Genoa) to Inter Milan.
Sami Hyypia (Liverpool) to Bayer Leverkusen.
Fabio Quagliarella (Udinese) to Napoli.
Yoann Gourcuff (AC Milan) to Bordeaux - permanent.

Big rumor that wont go away is Michal Owen to Everton. With Saha and Owen the medicos down at Goodison Park are gonna have there work cut out for them but on a free transfer at wages of 40-50k its worh the risk even if he is a insufferable twat.

Owen wouldn't be my first choice as a signing, but the fact that we can't afford a transfer fee to purchase another one makes him appealing. As long as his wage would be geared towards appearances and more importantly goals to cover our backside, then I don't have much of an issue with signing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back