The Summer transfer rumor thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tevez to Spurs? Major lulz.
Robinson back to spurs is surely newspaper rubbish, just like I think the Tevez one is too. I think they must make 1000 pounds for every player we get linked with seriously.

Robbo was decent but we brought in Gomes who was regarded to be far superior. After he a shaky start he proved this.

As for Tevez we have 4 strikers the only 2 who are safe are under 6 foot so why would we sign another one?

So what happens on August 31 when our strike force consists of Keane, Defoe and Tevez and Gomes/Robinson (if we are going to go by everything in the papers) has a goal kick?

ANSWER: punts it long they get out jumped and we lose possesion straight away

So what happens on August 31 when our strike force consists of Keane, Defoe and Tevez and Gomes/Robinson (if we are going to go by everything in the papers) has a goal kick?

ANSWER: punts it long they get out jumped and we lose possesion straight away

wrong. gomes throws it long. he never kicks it.:D:D:p:D:D

but yeh a tall striker would be good and i defiantly see where you are coming from.

I forgot you guys have Defoe. In that case I'd sell Keane too. Liverpool might be interested. Defoe, Cisse, Tevez and some decent 4th string striker (a big guy would be good).

I'm pretty sure they're stuck with Keane unless they've ditched the rule where a player can't play for more than two clubs in a calendar year.

City need another defensive midfielder?

My guess is Hughes is set on playing a 4-2-3-1 type of formation having De Jong, Barry and Kompany to rotate as those 2 defensive holding midfielders, and then having Ireland, Wright Phillips, Robinho, Bellamy etc. playing behind a Santa Cruz type of forward up front.

He seems to love that counter attacking type of football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My guess is Hughes is set on playing a 4-2-3-1 type of formation having De Jong, Barry and Kompany to rotate as those 2 defensive holding midfielders, and then having Ireland, Wright Phillips, Robinho, Bellamy etc. playing behind a Santa Cruz type of forward up front.

He seems to love that counter attacking type of football.
I would be shocked if Bellamy is anywhere near their starting line up next year based on the amount of signings they will probably complete. Fox Sports News make me laugh:
Although City cannot offer him Champions League football - which was one of the reasons he gave for requesting a transfer when Liverpool made their bid last year - Barry could be tempted to Eastlands by the prospect of significantly increased wages and the prospect of regular first-team football in the run-up to next year's World Cup finals in South Africa.
I think he would play more games if he stays at Villa.

West Ham are trying to sign Boros Matthew Bates on a free transfer. Havnt particularly noticed him but the fact hes had 3 knee recos hardly makes me jump for joy. A handy bench player at best I think

Bates was decent as a defensive midfielder this season apparently (Ricketts or Boro would know more). At least he's versatile enough to play anywhere across the back 4 also.

Would rather sign him on a free and flog Davenport onto a team like Wolves for $2M.

I would be shocked if Bellamy is anywhere near their starting line up next year based on the amount of signings they will probably complete. Fox Sports News make me laugh:

I think he would play more games if he stays at Villa.

So long as Mark Hughes is manager, anything is possible.

He probably thinks he can get 15 goals out of Bellamy in a full season just as he did back at Blackburn 3-4 years ago.

Moutinho to Everton if we can produce the cash. Makes our midfield when all are fit very exciting with the likes of Pienaar, Arteta and possibly Moutinho.

and for all the liverpool supporters here.

Liverpool:
Xabi Alonso remains a target for Real Madrid, with the Spaniards ready to use Negredo as bait.
Athletico Bilbao midfielder Javi Martinez has made it clear he wants a move to Merseyside.
Benitez will go head-to-head with Chelsea in a bid to land Stephane Sessegnon from PSG. The Spaniard is also looking to land Adam Johnson
Glen Johnson, Portsmouth's £10m-rated full-back, is back on Rafa Benitez's radar.
Liverpool will face competition from Spurs for the signature of Carlos Tevez should Manchester United fail to agree a permanent deal with the Argentine when his loan deal ends.
Valencia winger David Silva is believed to be Benitez's primary target, though the manager admits he will have to spend wisely after being given just £20 million to spend, on top of whatever he raises from player sales.

Alonso must stay. I hope Silva is our main target. Would massively improve our width play.

The Gareth Barry deal is done.

Can't say I'm his biggest fan, but he will improve the squad, and weaken Villa.

£12m the fee, 4 year contract (no doubt he won't be poverty stricken).

Yep. Done and dusted, strange that we didnt come back in for him. Im not overly bothered though. Looks like Martinez might be our midfield target instead. Barry is funny though how he harps on about wanting CL football then leaves for City who arent even in the Europa league.

That Barry deal confuses the hell out of me. Man City don't need another DM and Barry surely would have been better off at Villa? Money does that i guess.

He would have also figured that with the shitloads of cash Man City have they would at some point in the near future become competitve.. Meh.
---

Milan have agreed a deal for Kaka and rumor is that Real are now talking to the player. Some reports on the Spanish radio say that it's a done deal. Nothing official yet though.

Thinking positively, Kompany could move into defence and we could play Barry and De Jong in the defensive midfield role behind the likes of Robinho, SWP, Ireland and AN Other.

On the other hand, he does like his defensive midfielders and has tried three defensive players in the midfield before.

Kaka to Real Madrid is now a done deal according to sources in both Spain and Italy. It was official that the club had accepted an offer for Kaka, and now it is rumored that Kaka has agreed personal terms. Apparently an announcement is expected shortly.

Pellegrini and Kaka in close succession shows that Real aren't just getting big names with no plan. I think this will put a pretty big spanner in the Crynaldo situation though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back