The Summer transfer rumor thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
RVP was slightly better last season but l agree with DB in that he is way too inconsistent to be considered our star striker. Henry and Bergkamp were reliable. Ade and RVP aren't. Eduardo doesn't need many chances to have an influence.

but I don't like him and think he's inconsistent and vastly overrated.

I thought u would lick ice cream of his buttocks if given the chance. I agree that Eduardo > RVP but if Adebayor is to go RVP will surely be the next in line for a starting spot

I thought u would lick ice cream of his buttocks if given the chance.

In five years I honestly can't recall one meaningful thing van Persie has ever done when it counted. His scoring returns are crap too. I've never understood why people think he's a top player, because he just isn't. He's like a slightly more productive original Denilson and IMO typifies Arsenal these days - all flash, no guts, no balls and runs off at the first sign of bother.

City would of spent more on there strike force than Arsenal have on there whole team

Santa Cruz - 17.5
Bellamy - 12 mill
Adebyor - 25 mill
Tevez - 25.5 mill
Benjani - 5 mill?
Jo - 18 mill
Bojinov - 6 mill
Caicedo - 5 mill

= 115 mill

To put it into context they have spent more on strikers then West Hams entire squad combined then doubled

Can't wait to see Tevez spending another year bench warming after his bitch session about United.

Good move Carlos. Go to the side with the most strikers.

If Santa Crud is worth 18 mill then Carlton Coles worth atleast 45.

To be fair Coles 27 goals in 148 premier league appearances does stack up well against the very best forwards let alone RSC's mere 23 in 57.

RSC was about £10m more than I would have liked to have paid FWIW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you feel about that signing?

What's that, 17 strikers now?

At his best he's quality, but he just doesn't seem to be bothered at times. I think it's a good signing that will improve the squad. But I reckon we'll only get a couple of years value out of him at best before things turn sour. If we were counting our pennies I would be very worried by the signing, I guess our financial situation makes it less of a concern.

As for the strikers, not bothered about that either. Most will be gone by August, and at this stage I reckon we have Tevez, Adebayor, Santa Cruz and maybe Bojinov (long shot) that I see making an impact in a top 4 chase.

Adebayor will be playing in Africa for a month or so part way through the season so even if we keep the likes of Bellend and Caicedo for backup it should cause too much of a problem.

To be fair Coles 27 goals in 148 premier league appearances does stack up well against the very best forwards let alone RSC's mere 23 in 57.

RSC was about £10m more than I would have liked to have paid FWIW.

Carlton Coles more than just goals though. He is stylish and cool too :cool:.

Its fair to say given Cole has a good 5 or 6 years on RSC and has outperformed him in the past 2 seasons, Cole would of been a better buy then Santa Crud

Carlton Coles more than just goals though. He is stylish and cool too :cool:.

It might make you feel more secure about yourself, but to be honest I don't really care if any of my clubs players are stylish and cool.

Its fair to say given Cole has a good 5 or 6 years on RSC and has outperformed him in the past 2 seasons, Cole would of been a better buy then Santa Crud

Call me old fashioned, but Santa Cruz' 23 premier league goals (29 in all comps) is not too bad compared to Coles 14 premier league goals (18 in all comps).

Santa Cruz is only two years older btw, not that it matters as I don't see him as a long term player for us. Cole, frankly would be a waste of a squad number.

It might make you feel more secure about yourself, but to be honest I don't really care if any of my clubs players are stylish and cool.

Call me old fashioned, but Santa Cruz' 23 premier league goals (29 in all comps) is not too bad compared to Coles 14 premier league goals (18 in all comps).

Santa Cruz is only two years older btw, not that it matters as I don't see him as a long term player for us. Cole, frankly would be a waste of a squad number.

As opposed to Santa Cruz....

City is expected to make an improved 40 million pound bid for the England captain this week as Terry has failed to sort out his future at Chelsea

Apparently includes wages of 250K per week!

Their wage bill is going to be absolutely insane.

Man City's starting line up is the only thing that is keeping me interested in the EPL for the coming season...it should be very interesting to see which way they go and although I've never really liked City (no idea why) I think I'm starting to hope they can make a good go of breaking the top 4's stranglehold on the comp.

An attack of Robinho - Santa Cruz/Adebeyor - Tevez looks goodish. Given in goal. Somehow grab Terry to lead the defence. Add a World class CM? looking good for City :thumbsu:

Man City's starting line up is the only thing that is keeping me interested in the EPL for the coming season...it should be very interesting to see which way they go and although I've never really liked City (no idea why) I think I'm starting to hope they can make a good go of breaking the top 4's stranglehold on the comp.

An attack of Robinho - Santa Cruz/Adebeyor - Tevez looks goodish. Given in goal. Somehow grab Terry to lead the defence. Add a World class CM? looking good for City :thumbsu:
a world class central midfielder?

their central midfield is no worse than Manchester United's.

Barry/Elano, Ireland/Johnson, De Jong/Kompany

v

Carrick/Anderson, Scholes/Obertan, Fletcher/Hargreaves

or whatever.

puhplease.

Arsenal's is no better either.

Neither will Liverpool's once they lose Alonso.

a world class central midfielder?

their central midfield is no worse than Manchester United's.

Barry/Elano, Ireland/Johnson, De Jong/Kompany

v

Carrick/Anderson, Scholes/Obertan, Fletcher/Hargreaves

or whatever.

puhplease.

Arsenal's is no better either.

Neither will Liverpool's once they lose Alonso.

I didn't say they were currently worse did I Apollo? I just think if they were to somehow buy a Fabregas/Iniesta/Arca(yours for 20 million City!!) etc quality player they would imo be competing to win the league, not just making the top 4. Good luck to them I say :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back